• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Episode 4 of Carranger has sold me on Carranger.

YYBI6dz.png

l5txiYw.png

9cUBkGb.png

Somewhere between the monsters thinking they have to capture the same kid again to grow huge and the scene where it looks like they're tripping out with the next shot is them being on the floor.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yay, new Doggie avatar to celebrate doujin!

He's been doing some non-Toku movies, as well as doing Ultraman Gingaman S episodes and movies.

Ah so he's in Ultraman Ginga S. I saw a toy of it - so essentially rather than using small plastic figures they now use folding capsules instead?

Pluto

Next week has the Anklyo Zord, meaning we finally see the Aqua Ranger.
Is that confirmed? They could use Ankylo now and bring in the aqua ranger later. Not that I wouldn't like getting another ranger now but they could easily cut around the kyoryu cyan footage for now.

Grexeno

So I had to get everything transferred from my old, dying hard drive to a new one. No more programs!

What's the best program to use for .mkv files.

Tiu Neo

Drive 22.

Great episode. It looks like we're reaching Chase's story climax... again. Or at least I hope it is, this time. Anyway, Chase was great on this episode, but it could get old again if they drag it on for more than two or three episodes. The Brain x Medic rivalry is also getting pretty heated. Poor Brain.

Corgi

Banned
man... rewatching some old movies, fuck were the fight choreography in the fourze movies fantastic.

was also rewatching some blade again. Love how kenzaki defeated a King using the baddies weapon. There aren't that many 'david vs goliath' scenarios in toei. Heroes tend to win with overwhelming numbers (sentai) or new toy/powerup.

hope we have another season of rider/sentai where you have to harvest enemies for powerups.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Drive 22

Finally, Chaser is dead! ... Or not. Can yearly Toku shows get arc fatigue? Well, hopefully this leads to siding with the Riders now.
Formula... so silly..
I like the tires being on the wrists, reminds me of Go-Onger. It certainly beats the tires being on the chest like Drive's other forms.
But the race car head makes it hard to take seriously. The decals all being named after the other Shift Cars is a nice touch though. Though I kind of figured that would be reserved for the "all-in-one" power for later in the series, like Cosmic Switch, Infinity, or Kiwami Arms.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
What's the official explanation for how Black and Black RX are able to co-exist despite being the same person?
Is it Decade's fault?

Corgi

Banned
finally got around to watching Rurouni kenhin movie 2... sure there are a lot of stunt men cuts... but im really impressed at how well Takeru Satoh did in the fights.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Got this random junk mail at the office that had two page spread about kyoryu red in it: http://imgur.com/mvpm54C

He was also on "run for money" last night and was the first to get wliminated *price is right horn*

Corgi

Banned
after 2 decades we finally have movie accurate figures

latest

Think i might pick some of these up :p

Liked the movie suits more than I probably should

KingDirk

If the formula car chest was just more aligned down instead of straight out it would be so much better. The shades on the helmet are amazing.

vareon

I really like Dino Charge 5 & 6, coming from the "I have seen Kyoryuger" perspective. 5 adapts the existing footage into a completely different story (though still with the same Black focus) while 6 adapts it more closely while still being original.

In-suit red is jarring, though. Sometimes Tyler will uncharasteristically jump around and being super excited in suit, which isn't really his personality.

NeonZ

The only post Decade cards introduced in the movies were W's. We've also seen him using Rider 1's card in SHT, but that technically existed even back during the show itself, it just never had been used on screen.

Top Bottom