• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninninger 4

At least they got the "teamwork is important you dumb fuck" episode out of the way.
I get the feeling I'm going to love the extra Zords this season. Paonmaru was awesome. With more practical effects when combined with Shurikenjin.
*adds Oden to list of things I should eat*

Next week:
UCHUU KITAAAAA! It's also a Kasumi episode

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Even then the teamwork aspect is underutilized and felt like shoehorned.

With that said oh god Red why are you so terrible.

NeonZ

Is it really "obligatory" episode about team work though? Episode 3 had scenes with Yellow and Red attempting to do things by themselves and getting into trouble. It seems like a recurring trend, rather than just a single episode focus.

ReiGun

Takaharu is the first time I've noticed bad acting in toku. He's supposed to be the hot blooded one but the actor couldn't be more lifeless and bland.

Right had the excuse of being a child (even if we didn't know that at first). So the fact that he was more understated and "cute" at least has some basis in his character. This dude is just bad. Naga isn't much better, either.

BatDan

We've reached the point where this might be the first Sentai where the PR adaptation has better acting. If Judd Lynn is still attached for the Ninninger adaptation.

Is it really "obligatory" episode about team work though? Episode 3 had scenes with Yellow and Red attempting to do things by themselves and getting into trouble. It seems like a recurring trend, rather than just a single episode focus.

To be fair Kakuranger had this same kind of issue to with them not really acting as a team until around the time Junior and the Flower Ninja Gang showed up.

It worked because you saw eventual progress and while being focus on the characters.

javadoze

Oden Sentai Paoninger 4

-I like the fact that we're having a Red-centric episode that's about stopping Red from doing everything (though he kinda ends up doing so anyways.)

-I'm still loving Gramps' random appearances every episode. Kind of a fresh concept for a mentor character lately.

-I honestly thought the AC unit was actually a refrigerator until late in the episode.

-Yes! The team ball, er, shuriken!

-The Paonmaru intro was pretty neat. Especially the fact that the arms still move on Shurikenjin and even ejects steam.

-Kasumi focus!? Space!?! Possible reason for Red's actor to shout "Space time!" really badly? Count me in!

Tiu Neo

Deka 38: This plot looks kinda familiar... Speed with a bike, really?

Ninjas 04: Oh god, Red gets more and more annoying every episode. Hope he gets better soon. Yakumo and Kasumi were pretty good, tho. Fuuka and Nagi were... there. The action scenes are good as ever. If they get rid or change red's character enough, maybe this series will be remembered among the greatest. The action shots (and grandpa!) at least deserve that.

Maybe they'll kill Red in a dramatic midseason battle, but his soul will find its way into a new body...

Or maybe kill him, and then a UNKNOWN GRANDSON shows up to take the mantle of Red Ninger. Or make Yakumo the leader, doesn't matter.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ninninger 4

I am really disliking the red Ranger, he is... well stupid and show no emotion other than "AW YEAH I AM AWESOME!!!!!!!!" <(>_<)>

Kasumi continues to be beautiful as usual and next week episode is a Kasumi and space episode. <(^_^)>

Red better not ruin it or else. <(¬_¬;)>

Tiu Neo

I'm still crossing my fingers that Nagi gets a second chance at a focus episode soon.

Yeah, most of the characters are already well defined. Him? Red stole most of his limelight on his own focus episode :|

I hope they tone down red sooner than later, or he could drag down the rest of the cast.

shaowebb

Since I'm caught up on Drive now I went back in on Kuuga...got a recap episode :|

Oh well it'd been awhile. Recap away Kuuga. Didn't expect to end up with another series I put in high regard when I went in on this one, but damn Kuuga is a good show. The Teacher episode has to be one of the greatest things I've seen in Kamen Rider. I always thought Kugga sounded cool from Decade and from all the stuff I"ve caught here and there...plus he was my main in Chou Climax Heroes. Now that I'm watching him I can see why he's hailed as one of the biggest and baddest Riders. I'm at episode 18 and the bodycount is enormous and Kuuga's growth is too. Guy keeps getting stronger...

NeonZ

I guess we'll see Red's personality changing to fit the actor by episode 10. I think it was at that point that they changed GoseiYellow's character to fit her actress better.

Red better not ruin it or else. <(¬_¬;)>

The preview footage showed Yakumo in the cockpit though. If anyone is going to steal the spotlight, it looks like it might be him. The UFO is even blue too.

BatDan

I wouldn't mind if Yakumo took a lot of spotlight. Been a few years since we had a serious Blue.
I just hope that next year's Red isn't another idiot hero. This is what the third in a row? ... I need to watch Go-Busters.

Boss Doggie

I wouldn't mind if Yakumo took a lot of spotlight. Been a few years since we had a serious Blue.
I just hope that next year's Red isn't another idiot hero. This is what the third in a row? ... I need to watch Go-Busters.

Hiromu is a no-nonsense dick

WarRock

Everybody needs to watch GoBus.

Team+Henshin+2+%282%29.gif

WillyFive

Red Buster is still an idiot, and unlike his successors he is actually a bad Ranger because he's an unlikable jerk.

BatDan

We got Community'd.

Kamen Rider Chaser images are out there. Yep, he's going good.

WarRock

wut

Hiromu is a no-nonsense dick but he's not an idiot. Yoko is the idiot of the trio.
I would say that he is a bad ranger at the start, but for good reason. A good amount of his development is becoming a nicer guy and a better leader, without explicit episodes about that (like Ninnin just did).

And the idiot of the group is
Mr. Banana speaking

Boss Doggie

He wasn't bad per se. He knows his duties. It's just that he doesn't meld with the other two because he's a newcomer who wasn't trained. Eventually he gets along with them.

I'd take Hiromu over what we got so far though.

Corgi

Banned
its a bit odd... wasn't ninblue at a similar level as red like 2 eps ago? Now he's 'not red' tier with everyone else

Tiu Neo

its a bit odd... wasn't ninblue at a similar level as red like 2 eps ago? Now he's 'not red' tier with everyone else

He's the counterpoint to red, who gets more and more annoying every episode. Only by being that, he gets better at each episode. That, and his personality got a bit less annoying since ep 2, on 4 he was the voice of reason together with Kasumi.

EDIT: Oh, power levels? I think he still is at the same level, just doesn't show up as much. Same with Kasumi, who showed she was very competent on ep. 3.

Zynx

No one else thinks Type Formula is a garish monstrosity, thanks to shoehorning the seemingly successful trend of having the ultimate form include all to previous forms somehow? Plastering the names and logos of the shift cars randomly over the body...ugh. And the show doesn't even bother showing the other shift cars being summoned to combine with Formula this time.

On the other hand, I have to say that Shift Cars are a far superior collectible knick-knack when compared to stuff like Lock Seeds or Astro Switches or what have you - they're toy cars! What can a child do with a Lock Seed?

And Enter/Escape are why you should be watching Go-Busters. Who cares about the good guys?

BatDan

Are we sure Formula is the ultimate form?
I heard something about a Type Tridoron so that might be Drive's final form.

alvmew

No one else thinks Type Formula is a garish monstrosity, thanks to shoehorning the seemingly successful trend of having the ultimate form include all to previous forms somehow? Plastering the names and logos of the shift cars randomly over the body...ugh. And the show doesn't even bother showing the other shift cars being summoned to combine with Formula this time.

On the other hand, I have to say that Shift Cars are a far superior collectible knick-knack when compared to stuff like Lock Seeds or Astro Switches or what have you - they're toy cars! What can a child do with a Lock Seed?

And Enter/Escape are why you should be watching Go-Busters. Who cares about the good guys?

Are we sure Formula is the ultimate form?
I heard something about a Type Tridoron so that might be Drive's final form.

Formula isn't the ultimate form - it's like Kachidoki was last year.
The ultimate form is indeed Type Tridoron, toy catalog stuff is out there in the usual places.

I don't think the Shift Cars all combine in for Formula though - didn't the beginning of the most recent one with the flashback show that when they went in as Formula first transformed, they were suspended in mid-air with Kiriko or something like that following the explosion? I think the decals are a cute touch.

Everyone should watch Go-Busters - such a good show.

Top Bottom