• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Corgi

Banned
what was the last Rider upgrade that was earned? Or toku in general... Been ages since we've had a training montage.

I remember in garo you get a horse after like 100 kills... or was it 50?

vareon

what was the last Rider upgrade that was earned? Or toku in general... Been ages since we've had a training montage.

I remember in garo you get a horse after like 100 kills... or was it 50?

Garo S3 had Ryuga go through serious shit before he gets his golden armor, if you count that.

As for Rider....I dunno. Might go as far as Hibiki (which is 10 freaking years ago) who upgraded to Kurenai by training alone.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninninger 05

Takaharu seems to be getting better. Slowly but he's not so painful now.
Kasumi best Ninger. It's also nice to have a Pink that isn't the "girly-girl".
UFOmaru! Though I'm wondering how many of the Grandpa's stories are true or not. Granted, all his "I did X 30 times" stories sound exaggerated, but there's likely some truth to them.

Drive 23

DRIVE: TYPE FLASH! Seriously, Formula just turns him into The Flash. They should have done this from the start.
Am I the only one bothered by Gou now? He used to be fun, but now he's so angry (ALL ROIDMUDES MUST DIE) and angsty.
Curious what Brain is up to. Funny how he's meant to be the "logical" one but has been showing a ton of emotion.

What happens next? Not next week as it's CROSSOVER TIME! To promote the new movie which looks kind of hype
if only to see a Kamen Rider in a Megazord cockpit fighting alongside a Sentai

Kamen Rider #4 01
Time loops suck.

I haven't seen a lick of Drive, but Gou dying three times in a row in various ways was uh... interesting to say the least. Shinnosuke is basically stuck in an Uchikoshi game and I will not be told differently.

Corgi

Banned
Garo S3 had Ryuga go through serious shit before he gets his golden armor, if you count that.

As for Rider....I dunno. Might go as far as Hibiki (which is 10 freaking years ago) who upgraded to Kurenai by training alone.

Xtreme form was kinda...mental powerup synergy to reach that state I guess.

Blade series in general was built like a rpg, where you have to kill the big bosses to get big powerups.

ReiGun

Type Formula could have just been an upgrade to Type Speed. Of course, in typical KR fashion, I imagine we forgot Type Speed has, ya know, super speed.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ninninger 05

-Red is less annoying this week, which is good just keep it that way.
-Still think that Kasumi should have the UFOmaru than Red. <(¬_¬;)>
-Kasumi still continue to be sooo beautiful. <(^_^)>

Overall the episode wasn't that bad.

Drive 23

-Poor Gou, his body and ego is bruised.
-Type Formula is slowly growing on me but I still don't like the design.
-Medic continue to be cute but scary.
- I was like "Oh No" when Mach belt was destroyed.
-I wonder what Rina was working on?
-Too bad we have to wait two week because of the cross over special. <(¬_¬)>

Wonder why drive didn't use technic when looking for the bombs. That's like the entire point of that form.

When was the last time we saw type techinc?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
241cWQ1.gif

Tiu Neo

Ninninger 05:

Red being annoying. A bit better than on last episode, but yeah. Kasumi and Yakumo are getting better and better each episode, Fuuka and Nagi are... there.

And yeah, Kasumi should've been the one who used UFOmaru.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
-I wonder what Rina was working on?

Wasn't it the Pit Crew for Formula? Spanner (as in wrench), Jacky (as in to jack up your car) and Mantan (as in... full tank I think?).

You know, type formula straight up had a pitstop before catching the fourth rocket.

Mr-Joker

Banned
The first part of the two parter where he gets Formula he uses Technic

There was a fight between those reaper Roidmudes where he just shows up in Type Technic.

Huh, guess Technic just sort of blends in my mind as I can't recall it appearing in those episode.

The last memory I have of type Technic, was when he used it against Heart. Then Gou/Mach showed up and shortly Type Deadheat.

Wasn't it the Pit Crew for Formula? Spanner (as in wrench), Jacky (as in to jack up your car) and Mantan (as in... full tank I think?).

You know, type formula straight up had a pitstop before catching the fourth rocket.

Might have been... man I need to pay more attention in the show. <(-_-)>

NeonZ

any leaked info on mach's next upgrade? Hope he doesn't turn a Beast.

There's no "Mach next upgrade". At least not in the toyline. I guess he'll just get a story power up after his belt is fixed, like how Black was stronger after resurrecting or Decade was one shotting monsters after recovering his memories, but with no design changes.

Mr-Joker

Banned
There's no "Mach next upgrade". At least not in the toyline. I guess he'll just get a story power up after his belt is fixed, like how Black was stronger after resurrecting or Decade was one shotting monsters after recovering his memories, but with no design changes.

Honestly I think Dead Heat will be Mach upgrade since Drive doesn't really need it anymore.

BatDan

I'm hearing that the Zyuranger boxset is selling pretty decently, and Shout Factory will have the option to release more Toku (maybe Kamen Rider?)

LostAnkh

Huh, guess Technic just sort of blends in my mind as I can't recall it appearing in those episode.

The last memory I have of type Technic, was when he used it against Heart. Then Gou/Mach showed up and shortly Type Deadheat.
That one just stuck to me because it was an awkward transition. He just walks into the scene while Mach is fighting, in Type Technic. Other than that, I don't recall him using since he defused a bomb with it.

Corgi

Banned
Accel trial training was... random stuff. I mean it kinda made sense... kinda.

crying and turning your tears into OP form... that was literally Wizard :p

WarRock

Cyclone Joker Extreme and perhaps Accel Trial, too, then? Kind of a weak example but at least they had to do something before given the power. Instead of, say, crying and turning your tears into an OP form.
Joker Xtreme had more effort put into it than Fang, no doubt.

BatDan

I would think Dairanger next?

According to Brian Ward at Shout Factory, that is the plan.

My guess is they want to get the Mighty Morphin seasons out of the way (so Kakuranger after that) then they can do what they want.
I'm hoping Kamen Rider alongside Sentai. Maybe Shout Factory can release V3 at a reasonable price.

According to Brian Ward at Shout Factory, that is the plan.

My guess is they want to get the Mighty Morphin seasons out of the way (so Kakuranger after that) then they can do what they want.
I'm hoping Kamen Rider alongside Sentai. Maybe Shout Factory can release V3 at a reasonable price.

I hear ya. I paid the $150 for the V3 box set :(

Mr-Joker

Banned
I'm hearing that the Zyuranger boxset is selling pretty decently, and Shout Factory will have the option to release more Toku (maybe Kamen Rider?)

Ysssssss, this pleases me greatly. Here's hoping that they do Kamen Rider.

Cyclone Joker Extreme and perhaps Accel Trial, too, then? Kind of a weak example but at least they had to do something before given the power. Instead of, say, crying and turning your tears into an OP form.

Yeah Cyclone Joker Extreme was earned.

Joker Xtreme had more effort put into it than Fang, no doubt.

I remember that episode, I actually enjoyed it and it really stuck with me when Shotaro was trying to stop Philip for slicing Ako head off.

ReiGun

Eiji had to earn every one of his forms since he had to fight the Greeed commanders for the proper medals. TaJaDor took a little more doing obviously, and he kinda earned/kinda was gifted PuToTyra.

WillyFive

Fantastic interview.

It was hilarious how Mei reacted when Boi was asked about him being a girl in PR. It's too bad that those actors did return to do their own voices on the Dinosaur War movie, but they did not appear on-screen. Possibly an earlier example of the most of the cast for both shows being absent during a large part of the ToQger and Kyoryuger teamup.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
9khm0Kd.png

Is this guy like extra famous or something that he got videos made for the ToQGer opening last year and the Ninninger ending this year?

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Chief and Grandpa meeting is gonna rock. I'm hyped.

This week's episode of Drive was kind of dull, but the end was wacky enough with the hi-speed hi-jinks and Mach's belt getting bashed it wasn't too bad. Disappointed they didn't pun off Jacky and have Formula Type-2 pull of kung-fu moves. Was hoping he would use the jack like a tonfa or something.

The COTD dude seemed...I dunno, like he's gonna end up playing a larger role than simply being the Roidmude host? He's giving me 'reoccurring character' vibes.

jwk94

I want a CW made/adapted Kamen Rider show. Use the suits, and the monsters (maybe?) and give it a go. I can't watch The Flash and not think about it smh.

jwk94

So I told my friend (who lives in Japan, ironically) that he should watch Kamen Rider. He asked me what time etc and I told him to forget Drive and go for Gaim or Kabuto. The problem here is that I know I only have one shot to hook him but idk which one to choose? I know once Gaim gets rolling he wouldn't stop, but the beginning is probably enough to make him not continue in the first place. Kabuto on the other hand is good but doesn't hit Gaim levels of good. IDK WHAT TO DO!

Top Bottom