• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
So I told my friend (who lives in Japan, ironically) that he should watch Kamen Rider. He asked me what time etc and I told him to forget Drive and go for Gaim or Kabuto. The problem here is that I know I only have one shot to hook him but idk which one to choose? I know once Gaim gets rolling he wouldn't stop, but the beginning is probably enough to make him not continue in the first place. Kabuto on the other hand is good but doesn't hit Gaim levels of good. IDK WHAT TO DO!

Why not W? It starts faster than Gaim and doesn't crash and burn at the end like Kabuto. It's a good middle ground.

Corgi

Banned
weird... so ninninger has a cameo in the KR movie. They really are putting more effort combining both series... Wonder if they will do more than 1 collab thing per season later.

would be interesting if they will eventually do some key story moments that rely on the other series and not just for some filler specials.

NeonZ

weird... so ninninger has a cameo in the KR movie.

They really are putting more effort combining both series... Wonder if they will do more than 1 collab thing per season later.
Toqger and Kyoryu had similar cameos in Kamen Rider Taisen, and there was the Gaim vs Toqger special, so it's not really something new. I guess the one thing different is that they might kill some Roidmudes in the crossover and actually count them in the 108 Roidmude line up from the official site.

would be interesting if they will eventually do some key story moments that rely on the other series and not just for some filler specials.

They need to start doing that with Rider x Rider first. The Showa era series often threw past Riders right in final arcs or upgrade episodes, but the modern crossovers are always separate from the main plot, either in movies or more recently self contained episodes/specials.

WillyFive

With Spielberg directing the Ready Player One movie, and if they keep various licensed sequences within the story, this means we could have a Spielberg-directed Ultraman scored by John Williams in the movie!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
So I'm hearing now that the Dino Charge hiatus will be after Episode 8 not 10. Meaning it begins after next week's episode.

Is Nickelodeon run by brain dead slobs? Must be a real cushy job. Airing non-stop Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents.

jwk94

So Steve Cardanas, Hilary Shepherd, Jason Faunt, and Blake Foster will be coming to Tri-Con in September and I'll be getting photos with each of them. $160 total ($20 ticket). Expensive? Yes. Worth it? Highly debatable. Will I be incredibly happy? Hell fucking yes!

So I'm hearing now that the Dino Charge hiatus will be after Episode 8 not 10. Meaning it begins after next week's episode.

Is Nickelodeon run by brain dead slobs? Must be a real cushy job. Airing non-stop Spongebob and Fairly Oddparents.
Son, I'm prayign this is wrong.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Had no clue Kamen Rider GP already hit theaters, any good spoiler summaries for it? I wanna know if Garren got tricked...again.

NeonZ

Had no clue Kamen Rider GP already hit theaters, any good spoiler summaries for it? I wanna know if Garren got tricked...again.

There was a video summary posted by tokusatsunetwork.com's youtube account. The movie starts with Rider 1 and 2's final battle against the Great Leader from the original series, but after they win Rider 3 appears and seemingly kills them. After that, there's a timeskip to the present, where Drive defeats a Roidmude (102, I think), but then the entire world changes into one controlled by Shocker, including the Drive crew now working for them and going after rebels.

Regarding Garren,
in the changed reality, he asks for help of the Riders rebelling against Shocker (Rider 3, Zeronos, Drive) to save Blade, who was captured by Shocker. However, it's all a trap, and the entire Blade crew is working for Shocker in that world. During the battle though, Drive's words make them hesitate, and then they return later on having turned against Shocker.

BatDan

Scans of StarNinger are out.

Kind of hoped he would be a white guy from the whole cowboy motif. But hey, Jiraiya 2.0 isn't so bad.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
omg rodeo maru

YEE HAW BISON
YEE HAW BISON!

Errr, does he speak with a kyoto accent? lol.

Also sounds like he's not related to the 5, just a kid that got apparently met Grandpa and decided he wanted to become a ninja.

Watch Da Birdie

There was a video summary posted by tokusatsunetwork.com's youtube account. The movie starts with Rider 1 and 2's final battle against the Great Leader from the original series, but after they win Rider 3 appears and seemingly kills them. After that, there's a timeskip to the present, where Drive defeats a Roidmude (102, I think), but then the entire world changes into one controlled by Shocker, including the Drive crew now working for them and going after rebels.

Regarding Garren,
in the changed reality, he asks for help of the Riders rebelling against Shocker (Rider 3, Zeronos, Drive) to save Blade, who was captured by Shocker. However, it's all a trap, and the entire Blade crew is working for Shocker in that world. During the battle though, Drive's words make them hesitate, and then they return later on having turned against Shocker.

XMR9UVZ.gif

Glad to see he's keeping it real.

Watch Da Birdie

Looks like a weird looking W to me.

Sort of plain looking as well, like it was an afterthought.

Watch Da Birdie

Drive Scan Stuff

Thank god they're dropping the Drive Secret Identity bit apparently going by the scans, it made no sense with Drive being part of the police no one knew who he was except for two people.

It seems like even regular folks are gonna find out who he is too which is neat. With this, and Tomari's dad appearing, that's some shake-up for the formula.

Zynx

Drive Scan Stuff

Thank god they're dropping the Drive Secret Identity bit apparently going by the scans, it made no sense with Drive being part of the police no one knew who he was except for two people.

It seems like even regular folks are gonna find out who he is too which is neat. With this, and Tomari's dad appearing, that's some shake-up for the formula.

About time.
The secret identity stuff edges along the brink of disbelief considering how little effort they put into hiding things.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
About time.
The secret identity stuff edges along the brink of disbelief considering how little effort they put into hiding things.

Nobody ever stops to ask "hey why are you wearing those weird toys all the time and what is up with those cars"

vareon

About time.

I hope everyone knows this already and goes "well, duh" when Shinnosuke reveals his secret.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So wait, there's still a chance that they can pull the everyone in the force knows who Shinosuke is?

BatDan

I'd like to think the people that don't know, were just pretending to make Shinnosuke feel better about himself.
Kind of like how everyone pretends not to know Bruce Wayne is Batman.
... Oh please, it's obvious! Where else would he get those wonderful toys?

BatDan

Hypothetical fan-wanking
So if next year's Power Rangers movie is successful, and leads to an on-going new continuity that isn't restrained by Sentai footage or outside forces, here are some ideas I think could work.

Tommy dies. Mostly to see Jason David Frank's tears and anger.

Rocky, Adam, and Aisha do appear... as part of the Thunder Rangers (Dairanger). This is so we can see the Dino Megazord and the Thunder Megazord fight side by side. That and it would establish a bigger universe to have multiple Ranger teams running around. Of course, new characters would be created to fill the other three Dairanger slots.

Zedd doesn't turn into a joke. He doesn't marry Rita or turn into a yuppie from the Z-Wave. In fact, Rita doesn't appear again. She stays sealed away, or gets killed off (this is more likely since PG-13)

Kakuranger gets more screen time, and they're not aliens.

isny

napkin dispenser
Wow, did Ian really make a pedo joke? Well, I guess it is Japan after all, lol (in the TOQvsKyoryu movie)

ReiGun

We have to see the kid ToQgers again in the Ninninger team up. You don't use a great idea like that once.

I did like how the movie broke away from the traditional team up formula. We didn't get the usual team vs team fight, there were actually a lot of scenes of the two groups fighting together, the new team cameo was toward the beginning, etc. The downside was the big fights, the mecha and Debius, were complete letdowns.

Top Bottom