• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So why did they give away that Rider 3 is a good guy

Yeah I heard about that. Aren't the other Disney Princesses visiting her for some reason?

Yep, there's a joke that she has FINAL FORM PRINCESS that she transforms the other princesses into tools like Decade lol

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Did Mach "die" in SHT GP?

Or was Rider 3 saying that hinting at something that will happen in Drive since all signs point to something bad happening to Gou.

NeonZ

Did Mach "die" in SHT GP?

Or was Rider 3 saying that hinting at something that will happen in Drive since all signs point to something bad happening to Gou.

He
dies in GP, and doesn't return afterwards even though the world is seemingly restored
. The first episode of Kamen Rider 4, which follows directly from the movie ending, is all about Drive being stuck in a Groundhog Day-like scenario that
always ends with Mach's death. This whole scenario is caused by that machine from Shocker that can change history. Also, Drive can't remember the previous cycles in the beginning, although he starts to keep some memories after various resets, usually only triggering them when he meets the Riders from other series though. The Kamen Rider 4 mini-series probably will end with Mach surviving and the cycle being broken.

So, basically, timeline-wise, it goes Episode 22 -> Drive vs Ninninger -> SHTGP -> KR4 -> Episode 23.

Tiu Neo

Crossover Episode:

The first part was meh. They shouldn't had focused all the Ninninger part on Takaharu. The second part was kinda cool, seeying the old footsoldiers and enemies was funny. In general, weaker than the normal episodes of both series.

Corgi

Banned
hmmm... picked up a used decade decadriver and k-touch. Good stuff!

Problem is i didn't get any manuals. Can't seem to figure out where the battery compartment is on the ktouch :(

2015-04-01%2018.34.02.jpg

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
If anyone sees that Kamen Rider Megaton Smash trailer and starts to get excited, don't. It's a browser-based online game. Nothing to get excited for, trust me.

Slayven

the crossover bothered me in the fact that Mr.Belt was like "Fuck those ninjas". Can Toei do a crossover without someone being wildly out of character?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
the crossover bothered me in the fact that Mr.Belt was like "Fuck those ninjas". Can Toei do a crossover without someone being wildly out of character?

The chief was too. Its like the drive cast was hit with the asshole virus.

vareon

Yeah, that's disturbing. This is why I never liked vs movies where the heroes fight each other first.

WarRock

Ninnin 5
Ok, so Pink is awesome and we have the perfect setup for a Fourze Returns with Shinobi Fusion States.

What's not to like?

Slayven

The chief was too. Its like the drive cast was hit with the asshole virus.
4307650-2898573238-axis-.jpg

Yeah, that's disturbing. This is why I never liked vs movies where the heroes fight each other first.

Heroes should only fight over simple misunderstandings. The beginning of the crossover did it perfectly. Then they should discover some cray cray shit is going on and teamup to beat it. That part is where it failed.

ReiGun

I figured it was the result of Shocker messing with reality and everyone slowly becoming their "evil" selves.

One thing I think the Gaim/ToQger crossover did better was more interaction between the two casts. Sure the second part was all Right for the most part, but this one felt like every Ninninger not named Takaharu might as well have disappeared with Pops and Gramps.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I figured it was the result of Shocker messing with reality and everyone slowly becoming their "evil" selves.

One thing I think the Gaim/ToQger crossover did better was more interaction between the two casts. Sure the second part was all Right for the most part, but this one felt like every Ninninger not named Takaharu might as well have disappeared with Pops and Gramps.

I thought it at first... but then apparently it hasn't happened yet

the crossover is just weird in general, hell the ToQ vs Gaim did it better and the tones of those two are far more clashing

NeonZ

I don't think it's that unbelievable. He's the same guy who has kept secrets throughout the series for little reason aside from having control of the information. It's not strange that he'd basically panic by completely unforeseen factors appearing.

Regarding the cops, the newspapers talked about "giant robot rampage" from the Ninninger, so it's clear that the Ninninger "giant robot fighting in the middle of a busy metropolis" had a very different reaction from the one they'd see in the Sentai World. Really, think about it, the explosion created by their robot's finisher attacks likely were bigger than any attack from the Roidmudes aside from the initial worldwide attack (and in that case it'd be spread, not a big explosion in one of the biggest metropolis in the world).

The effort to differentiate the Rider and Sentai worlds was one of the things I really enjoyed about this, especially after they failed to do anything regarding that in the previous crossovers.

I think the secondary Ninninger actors just weren't available for whatever reason. Their only out of suit appearances were in the final battle, in scenes in the Ninninger's house set itself and one scene where they were by themselves in the construction set. We get them appearing transformed in the beginning, continuing transformed even after being knocked down out of mind control, being jailed transformed, insisting to Drive that they're human without removing their transformation...

I felt like Toqger vs Kyoryuger had a similar problem too. I don't get what's happening with the schedule over there.

Slayven

There couldn't be a worse pairing then Shinosuke and Red. Red can't act, and Shinosuke's actor was trying hard to carry him.

Slayven

Why isn't there a gif of Grandpa talking to aliens? It cracks me up every time.

Speaking of Fourze, now i imaging Fourze's actor as Red. Damn it he would be damn near Banban level.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I don't think it's that unbelievable. He's the same guy who has kept secrets throughout the series for little reason aside from having control of the information. It's not strange that he'd basically panic by completely unforeseen factors appearing.

Regarding the cops, the newspapers talked about "giant robot rampage" from the Ninninger, so it's clear that the Ninninger "giant robot fighting in the middle of a busy metropolis" had a very different reaction from the one they'd see in the Sentai World. Really, think about it, the explosion created by their robot's finisher attacks likely were bigger than any attack from the Roidmudes aside from the initial worldwide attack (and in that case it'd be spread, not a big explosion in one of the biggest metropolis in the world).

The effort to differentiate the Rider and Sentai worlds was one of the things I really enjoyed about this, especially after they failed to do anything regarding that in the previous crossovers.

massive explosions aside, there didnt seem to be any casualties unlike the roimude attack where they were just cleaning humans out. and it wasnt like the giant robot wasnt attacking a giant monster. there was no need to see them as antagonists as far as i know

NeonZ

massive explosions aside, there didnt seem to be any casualties unlike the roimude attack where they were just cleaning humans out. and it wasnt like the giant robot wasnt attacking a giant monster. there was no need to see them as antagonists as far as i know

The global freeze was months ago at this point though. The Roidmudes haven't done something with a similar profile for a while. What the Ninninger did would be bigger, from the point of view of people who aren't main characters, than anything the Roidmudes have done since then.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Since it's confirmed that Hideaki Anno is going to direct a new Godzilla movie, what route do you think he'll take?
I have to imagine it will be an insane deconstruction. You don't hire the man behind Evangelion just to have a straightforward monster movie.

BatDan

Vote for Wonder Red darn it.

I have no expectations, but as far as AmeriToku goes The Flash has dethroned Agent Carter as the best one on TV. That Mark Hammil episode was legendary.

#WonderRed4Smash

I find it hard to call Agent Carter AmeriToku, same with Agents of SHIELD. They lack the over-the-top fun of The Flash (so I hear, still need to watch), Doctor Who (I know, BritToku, but still applies) and hell... Dino Charge. I guess the Agents shows still count since they're part of the same universe as the Cinematic AmeriToku.

I am looking forward to Daredevil though.

BatDan

So I just had this weird idea.
If I had the money to adapt Kamen Rider for Western audiences, and made it to Decade... I would turn Decade into Deadpool. This balls out insane Rider that constantly breaks the fourth wall and acts like a loon in front of the other Riders. But only when he's transformed, when not, he's completely normal. But he needs to transform in order to survive monster attacks and help the other Riders.

Top Bottom