• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Drive 26

CAST OFF! CHANGE CHASER!
I will miss the awesome "BRAKE UP" voice though.
So yeah, that episode was a lot of fun, and we got a peek at the big bad of the season. That's going to be tough to take down, especially with all the bureaucracy involved with police work.
Can't wait for the annoying high-pitched captain to get his teeth knocked in.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I don't ever remember it being used in the show, but according to the Kamen Rider Drive Soundboard Chaser's Belt also had the incredibly badass "BREAK YOUR BODY!" shoutout.

Defuser

Nininger ep 8
I seriously want to punch the actor for Takaharu every damn time he says he is fired up. It's so fucking terrible. Are they seriously gonna cram in Starninger and Aoninger character development in one episode? Fuuka showing why she is best character.

Drive ep 26
Man, I never knew Chase got a nice ass and his Kamen Rider Chase looks so buff.This show feels much more better now everyone is involved in the office trying to help each other out.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ninninger 8

Fuuka really is great. Episode was okay. With that five star helmet, english speaking, cowboy hat and guitar, StarNinger might as well be called SheriffNinger

Drive 26

Man, We're never getting a clear look at Proto Drive suit, are we? He looks much better than Rider Chaser.

BatDan said:
CAST OFF! CHANGE CHASER!I will miss the awesome "BRAKE UP" voice though.

At least we still have the "GUN" voice.
And again, I really wish Kiriko would get a Belt. Minako was a nice proper, female Kamen Rider, but we need to get a more main character one and Kiriko is perfect for the role.... *sigh*...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So a Ninninger episode is good if Taka doesn't get too much screentime!

Also I wonder if Medic knows 001 and Brain's shenanigans.

Tiu Neo

Drive 26

Kamen Rider Chaser! Good episode, we finally get a conclusion to the whole Chase saga! Wanna see Gou's reaction on the next episode. More Brain next episode will be cool too, if that was Brain. Roidmune 001 being the puppetmaster is a nice touch.

And yeah, Kiriko should become a Kamen Rider.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
8jHw9aL.png
Hey! I remember this wonderful sound

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ENrrBbehzk&feature=youtu.be&t=52s

The part with Chase holding Kiriko in the rain would probably be better if they didn't have two flashbacks to when he did it as Proto Drive and also have Kiriko say "HEY IT'S LIKE THAT TIME WHEN"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Watch Type Zero. That's one of the main reasons it exists.

It also ties into this episode because it was where Shinnosuke actually mentioned his father, whereas in the show he never really brought him up to now. I've seen a lot of people sort of think last episode marked a retool for the show with all these new elements suddenly being introduced. Who knows if there was a purposeful retool, but if it makes the show more fun to watch, I don't mind.

Speaking of Type Zero, I also read apparently the fact it has so much plot information in it like Shinnosuke's father and Proto-Drive is done on purpose, as apparently they wanted the bonus DVD's to flesh out the main plot as opposed to being one-off joke stuff like they've been in the past. A cool idea, but to a lot of English fans it might become problematic when we miss out on the bonus material.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Having plot related theatrical movies are problems for english speaking fans, not like Toei cares for us anyways lol. The bonus dvds are great for us, especially if they are plot related

Mr-Joker

Banned
Nininger ep 8

This was actually an enjoyable episode, since it was a Fuuka heavily episode and Taka was more of a side character.

Drive 26

The début of Kamen Rider Drive was nicely done and Heart is waaaay too nice to be a villain.

ahdurian

oh god...i just re-watched the Kyoryuger 100 Years After special....

I forgot how much I love future Utchy
everything he does is so awesome

javadoze

Fuuka Sentai Ninninger 8

Pretty good episode. Although it bugs me how they're throwing in StarNinger after this episode, I think the show is finally getting into its groove. Added Fuuka focus was just what her character needed (not to mention I like how they're using her and Nagi for school plots). Also, I feel like the other Ninningers improved acting-wise this episode (Takaharu benefited from being scaled back in my mind).

(I kinda like how Fuuka's embaressment with Takaharu felt a bit meta. That plot wouldn't have felt as effective as it did if Takaharu's actor were good.)

Boss Doggie

Sadly I doubt they'll scale Takaharu in all eps

Imagine how the older focus eps would have been if Taka had less focus.

ReiGun

The only thing I didn't like in Ninnin was Fuuka being all "I wanted to be a ninja when I was a kid, soooo...guess I still want to be one." Just felt like a weird resolution.

Finally Drive is going to explain why Gou hates the Roidmudes so much.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Shinosuke went HAM on heart. If he had went Formula he would have killed him

He went Dead Heat because he was pissed, the same way he has to have a "cool mind" (DekaBlue anyone?) to become Technique.

Formula requires something else that I forget.

Edit: Also, I don't think I was ever aware that "Jasmine" Deka Yellow/Kyoryu Cyan was also a (different) future cop that (almost didn't) wore leather:

Travelers: Dimension Police Trailer

It also appears to be a Sakamoto project? Seems like it has everything to be terrible.

Tiu Neo

I wonder if Heart will get a powerup now that he is no longer the master of the Deadzone

Or maybe they'll just make 001 be the big bad, and Heart will continue as he is. He's kinda likeable, even if he wants all the humans dead, right now.

Slayven

Or maybe they'll just make 001 be the big bad, and Heart will continue as he is. He's kinda likeable, even if he wants all the humans dead, right now.

He doesn't wants humans dead, he just want his friends to evolve. I think that is an important difference.

Tiu Neo

He doesn't wants humans dead, he just want his friends to evolve. I think that is an important difference.

Hmmm, the impression I had is that he doesn't care too much for humans/wanted Roidmunes to evolve so they could rule the humans, but what you say makes more sense, yeah.

NeonZ

Heart said that he wanted to rule over humanity when confronting Drive in the deadzone's introduction around episode 10. Not kill all humans, but he wants the Roidmudes to be evolve to a higher level than the humans.

ReiGun

I think Heart will eventually switch sides. Brain and Medic seem way more down for the cause, whereas I could see him being swayed by Chase to give up trying to rule over humans and instead living alongside them.

Slayven

sasori hara is in the new Garo? That cool, glad to see she is doing alright. Heard she had a nervous breakdown after the big earthquake

WarRock

The part with Chase holding Kiriko in the rain would probably be better if they didn't have two flashbacks to when he did it as Proto Drive and also have Kiriko say "HEY IT'S LIKE THAT TIME WHEN"
Obviously, but children's show and all that jazz.

Travelers: Dimension Police Trailer

It also appears to be a Sakamoto project? Seems like it has everything to be terrible.
It's way worse than it looks. I never stop watching movies in the middle and barely endured the first half hour of that. And I watched Kungfu Cyborg: Metallic Attraction in its entirety.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
The scans hint at
Gou going off the jealously deep end. Perhaps Kiriko can strap on that Mach Driver.

Yikes. I thought it'd just be a one-week thing, with Gou getting used to Chase being a hero now. But from the looks of the scans...yeah, this is gonna be an ongoing thing. Gou's straight up going nuts here.

Tiu Neo

The strangest part of the scans are that
it looks like Gou is teaming up with Brain? If true, that "I hate Roidmudes" thing is just an excuse for his jealousy, or he'll be manipulated by Brain. Interesting.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
The strangest part of the scans are that
it looks like Gou is teaming up with Brain? If true, that "I hate Roidmudes" thing is just an excuse for his jealousy, or he'll be manipulated by Brain. Interesting.

theyre probably playing their insecurities against each other, using each as a means to an end before planning on wiping each other out

vareon

Hoping that they retire Mach costume, Gou becomes Kamen Rider Chaser and Chase becomes Kamen Rider Proto Drive for the finale.

sasori hara is in the new Garo? That cool, glad to see she is doing alright. Heard she had a nervous breakdown after the big earthquake

Don't worry, our favorite hero Masahiro Inoue is with her!

Tiu Neo

I know they're a small studio and got mandhandled by Saban's lawyers, but... Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers when it wasn't? Bummer.

At least it's small enough to ignore. Still, it's a shitty precedent.

Can't wait for this game, wish they gave all of us backers beta keys, or at least they gave us the option to pay the difference to get the beta.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I know they're a small studio and got mandhandled by Saban's lawyers, but... Inspired by Saban's Power Rangers when it wasn't? Bummer.

yeah, thats some fuck shit. saban continues to prove hes a dick

but i am so fucking down for this.

and ill double dip if it goes mobile

WarRock

Fun little game. I have a copy currently and i'll probably be reviewing it. It's very strategy-lite, but fun if you're a toku fan.
That works for me. Very rarely I have the energy to go trough an entire turn based strategy game.

Just not sure if I'll be able to grab it at launch, let's see how well college costs treats me the next weeks.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Btw i know you all hate Takaharu and his "moetekitaaaaa" thing but my kid says it all the time and its a thing at his preschool.

Toei 1
GAF 0

Boss Doggie

Btw i know you all hate Takaharu and his "moetekitaaaaa" thing but my kid says it all the time and its a thing at his preschool.

Toei 1
GAF 0

it's not the catchphrase or the "method" we hate, it's the acting

your kid most likely could deliver it far better than Taka

Top Bottom