• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Slayven

it's not the catchphrase or the "method" we hate, it's the acting

your kid most likely could deliver it far better than Taka

Yeah, it is a great catchphrase but dude is like half way through his first acting class. reminds me of the voice actress for Digimon Savers, she clearly didn't give a damn

Slayven

The rider systems interchangable stuff sucks because of budget reason we won't get cool combos.

Like if mach used his monster cycle and the monster car in his gun would we get a super kajiu bullet?

Watching Wizard for A Day from MMPR S3. This has been a weird episode.

1. I have never heard of the concept of students and teachers switching places before. Also, Zedd and Rito switch roles. What is this, Boxing Day?
2. 6 year old kids may not appreciate this, but Mr. Winton is answering questions about D-Day.
3. Speaking of which, here's this character we've never seen before, and will probably never see again. His focus on discipline makes me want to call him Mr. Strickland.
4. Tengas attack Mr. Winton simply because he's wearing red, like Rocky does. So not only is color-coding outfits a weird thing to do, it actually works against the Rangers.
5. It's come to my attention that no one ever recognizes the Rangers' voices.

Slayven

Funny how the flashiest one of the 6 is the one that prefers hiding in the shadows.
He seems super competent. Like if the main crew is in ninja high school, he is working on his ninja PHD

It's kinda weird. In the shot with the three of them standing by the wall, Chase is still there. But then when it shows them one by one, it's Medic instead of Chase. Guess they didn't want to reshoot the first scene.

You would think they would shoot all that kind of stuff before hand because they know what is coming.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Rodeo-maru is legit. His whole part of this episode is one big gif.

Also is toei priming kids for another magic series or what.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
*watching Go-Onger*
*a woman calling herself "Sanachu" appears*
... I think that's enough internet for me today.

I know it's a coincidence... but jeez

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Drive was pretty intense this week. Not sure if it's accurate, but the reason Gou hates Roidmude...

Dr. Banno was apparently his father or something. Didn't see that coming. 0.o

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Went to a cosplay, found no toku reps, am sad.

However there'sa Power Rangers Super Mega Force event where the mall toystore chain sells PR merch and has people in Gokaiger suits pose with kids... all while playing Gokaiger background music.

BatDan

Hypothetical scenario time.
Say you had the money and the means to re-adapt Shinkenger, Goseiger and Gokaiger into better seasons of Power Rangers (the ones we got no longer matter), what would you do?

WillyFive

Say you had the money and the means to re-adapt Shinkenger, Goseiger and Gokaiger into better seasons of Power Rangers (the ones we got no longer matter), what would you do?

Hire Genndy Tartakovsky to handle the franchise.

Slayven

So those leaked Rider Chase pics were from yesterday's ep. So the lead time between epsiodes is a lot shorter then I thought.

javadoze

For Shinkenger, I think Amit Bhaumik's original proposal for Samurai seemed solid enough.

For Goseiger and Gokaiger, I think it would be neat to have the two teams coexist at once. The first season focusing on the Goseiger team and the second the Gokaiger team. I would basically have the former be a bunch of goody-goods following their mentor and the latter be antiheroes of sorts focused on gathering ranger powers.
The whole plot twist being that the Gosei mentor is the true villain and the Gokai team is gathering powers to use against him.

A bit of a barebones concept, yeah, but anything is better than Megaforce.

jwk94

So I decided to gt back into Shinken 2.0. I'm on ep 4 and Takaharu just did his laugh after the simulation ended....his acting is so bad. Actually, Im not really fond of the ninjas at all. If they could take the Shinkengers and mix them with the villains from Shiken 2.0, that'd be a damn near perfect sentai.

Speaking of which, Takaharu's first fight with Juuzou 2.0 was boring as sin. Nothing can touch Shinken Red's first fight with Juuzou.

WarRock

Just because Mike mentioned Toru Nakayama's toku illustrations in the USGamer podcast:
1318955453736e8uds.jpg

jwk94

As someone else said, use Amit's vision for Samurai.

From there, I'd more or less go with what we already have with Mega and Super Mega, but give them a better story and more interesting characters. And for the love of god, explain the rangers keys and why Gosei held them back. I'd also throw in some quest because PR/Sentai quests for powers are always fun.

Orion would also have a better revenge plot that didn't get dropped and sixth rangers would have a stronger presence in the show.

jwk94

Wow. Just wow. I got done with the UFOmaru episode and my jaw dropped at the audacity of the showrunners. They really gave UFOmaru to Takaharu when it wasn't even close to being his episode? Hell, pink didn't even question this at all or try to take the disc to summon UFO. WTF?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Ninninger 09

Hey, we finally get an episode that's focused on somebody else than Red. Red had almost no screen time and all he did was carry the other members around/do a combined finisher that the most impressive part was the part of the other member (sick dragon cg)
Also, this was more like a Rodeo Maru reveal than a StarNinger reveal. We know literally nothing about him, but we know everything about his mecha, his different forms and attacks.

I guess mecha toys sell better than toy shurikens and swords afterall... I liked the "Who are you?" in place of the "Dareja Dareja"

Now.... All I need is Drive

vareon

Yeah Toru Nakayama's insanely good. I haven't seen his drawing in years but it might be the time to hunt his artworks again.

BatDan

Ninninger 09

Yep, Star Ninger best character. Everything about that giant fight was badass. Though I'm sure there's a reason he attacked Grandpa... if it's really him.
You know, with the appearance of another Ninninger parent, I just realized that Grandpa had at least four kids (five if Star is related). Does the Last Ninja mean have as many babies as possible? He could teach a few things to real life Japan.
The magic aspect from Yakumo is still odd. Interesting that they're going for Zatanna style incantations.

Next week looks amazing too.

WarRock

His Gekiranger stuff was pretty good too. Would love to see a henshin hero action/action RPG game with his designs.

You could customize your transformation with enemy drops like in Monster Hunter and advance special attacks with XP and story decisions/NPC interactions. Oh yes, dream right here.

Defuser

Nininger ep 9
Rodeomaru = FUCKING GOAT.
Starninger = Awesome.
Kasumi = Awesome, should inherit the title.
Yakumo = Dumb, should have cut to chase and tell the mom on the phone about the end shuriken instead of beating around the bush.

Top Bottom