• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

shaowebb

Casshern Ep 2

Folks are dying. Dudes are blind. Casshern's family keeps getting smaller and Casshern is apparently solar powered and running missions at night like a dumbass.

Current Plot Point...get Casshern a better power supply and watch as his entire family gets fucked over.

This thing is dark.
IpM9GPn.jpg

^most fucked thing I've seen in awhile.
Casshan's Dad and Mom are held captive by Braiking Boss. The mother is as good as dead no matter what soon so the father gets her to agree to let him kill her and put her spirit into the robot swan that is Braiking Boss's pet. This way she can be the eyes and ears to help Casshan. She can never be human again and can only communicate if the moonlight is shining on Swanee. Her only hope is that her husband can put her in another body someday. Her husband is being used to build stronger machines for Braiking Boss...the moment he stops being useful he will be killed. He agreed to serve him in hopes of finding an alternate power source for Casshan who is going blind as he runs out of energy extremely quickly. A power source that is perpetual and will never run out. To pursue that goal he has to stay alive by creating machines to destroy all of humanity and Casshan.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Just watched Gaim x Drive movie, I actually enjyoyed it and I found myself laughing during the final part.

Lupin was also an interesting villain.

I haven't watched a kamen rider movie since Fourze, they just seemed like extended eps

Gaim summer movie is the only one that I chose to skip, since it was set in another universe and was centred around football.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Casshern Ep 2

Folks are dying. Dudes are blind. Casshern's family keeps getting smaller and Casshern is apparently solar powered and running missions at night like a dumbass.

Current Plot Point...get Casshern a better power supply and watch as his entire family gets fucked over.

This thing is dark.
IpM9GPn.jpg

^most fucked thing I've seen in awhile.
Casshan's Dad and Mom are held captive by Braiking Boss. The mother is as good as dead no matter what soon so the father gets her to agree to let him kill her and put her spirit into the robot swan that is Braiking Boss's pet. This way she can be the eyes and ears to help Casshan. She can never be human again and can only communicate if the moonlight is shining on Swanee. Her only hope is that her husband can put her in another body someday. Her husband is being used to build stronger machines for Braiking Boss...the moment he stops being useful he will be killed. He agreed to serve him in hopes of finding an alternate power source for Casshan who is going blind as he runs out of energy extremely quickly. A power source that is perpetual and will never run out. To pursue that goal he has to stay alive by creating machines to destroy all of humanity and Casshan.

Yeah that part is fucked up. And even then that's not yet the worst!

javadoze

Kouta and Shinnosuke together were way better than expected.
"I am a space god"
"I was afraid this would happen"

CHWrknSUYAA6VrL.png:large

So let me get this straight... Shinnosuke's closest fellow riders are: a baby, a roidmude, a Space Fruit God, and next year... a ghost?
I can only hope...

Can't wait for the next movie war if it contains banter like this one.

NeonZ

CHWrknSUYAA6VrL.png:large

So let me get this straight... Shinnosuke's closest fellow riders are: a baby, a roidmude, a Space Fruit God, and next year... a ghost?

Nah, Shinnosuke bonded much more with Faiz and Zeronos in Kamen Rider 4 than any past Rider here.

KamenRider4_ep03_03_zpsfy8lrwkx.jpg

Not as much funny banter though.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Good to see more Blade episodes, have a huge softspot for that show...

Sort of feel Drive's kind of like it a bit...slow beginning with a quicker pace after the midpoint, multiple Riders (and I guess you could sort of say Gou's Mutsuki and Chase is like Hajime , with Tachibana mixed into both of them...), and kind of similar villains I guess. Or at least I get that feel...remember getting that with Gaim too early on when it seemed like the four main Riders would be more of a team.

Still wish we got one more in-series Rider in Drive though, four's a neat number.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninninger 16

The dad got an episode to shine. That's kind of nice. I wonder if this plot point will be revisited.
I thought the Youkai's verbal tic was hilarious for the wrong reasons. I know it's the second half of "umbrella", but it sounded like he was saying "hella", like "that was hella good".
Takaharu is getting better with his acting. Slightly.

Drive 34

So much for a heel-face turn... Nira is a bastard through and through.
And now we have Ultimate Brain. I don't see him Brain lasting much longer now.

Tiu Neo

Ninninger 16

Nice to see everyone getting a little better at... being ninjas.

Would be nice if dad got his powers back for good and became an member. Even if it's an movie thing or something like that.

Drive 34

Whoa, I thought the series would slow down a bit with 001 dead, but nope. Hope it keeps this momentum until the end!

Serious/badass chief is as good as funny chief. The killer revelation was pretty good too.

Brain just got his death flag? Or maybe Ultimates will become more common now?

Slayven

My guess is Medic will get her finale form from Kirko.

And did the Roidmode build team quick half way through the show? Fuck are thew new designs lazy

Watch Da Birdie

Well, looking at preview screens for next episode of Drive...

Brain and Medic are shown on the ground as if they're dying...so...

Boss Doggie

Would be hilarious if Medic never gets her CHOU SHINKA

also all of this CHOU SHINKA reminds me of Xros Wars

javadoze

Surprise Drive 34

Good continuation of the plot from the last two weeks.
The reveal with Nira was a bit obvious, but otherwise enjoyable to see his actor pull off a good villain again. The Chief also pulled in a strong performance as well. I guess next week will be Brain's death or something.

Now for next week... Golf.

Ella Sentai Ninninger 16

This week marks the first episode not written by series head Kento Shimoyama, instead, it was written by Nobuhiro Mouri (who wrote various episodes of OOO, Go-Busters, and Gaim). Despite that, it didn't feel like much of a difference in character writing. This episode has a nice thing going for it by focusing in on Tsumuji. I honestly hope that his character conflict gets addressed further on in the show (possibly then becoming a Ninninger).

ReiGun

I felt like there was a real finality to Tsumuji's story. He got to live his dream and be a ninja for a moment, but is ultimately satisfied just being Fuuka and Takaharu's father. I don't see them picking up the story later.

Watch Da Birdie

Glad to see Formula still has a place, since I believe it's the only one that can resist the Super Density Shift. And I think based on the stats it's also far faster than Tridoron is...

Poor Dead Heat though. Got kicked out of the OP (although that was Dead Heat Mach---so maybe I should say poor Mach).

Slayven

I am shocked you put Star Nin in the Narration.

Glad to see Formula still has a place, since I believe it's the only one that can resist the Super Density Shift. And I think based on the stats it's also far faster than Tridoron is...

Poor Dead Heat though. Got kicked out of the OP (although that was Dead Heat Mach---so maybe I should say poor Mach).

Dead Heat is now Kirko's protector.

Hitting the home stretch in Kamen Rider Kiva(4 eps left). It really picked up for me around 28-29 & has been pretty good since, wish the show had been this good from the start.

WarRock

Ninnin 15-16
Shinobimaru vs Rodeomaru plus lawyer hijinks were pretty fun. Takaharu is being written way better now, got really surprised with him during 16.

vareon

Hitting the home stretch in Kamen Rider Kiva(4 eps left). It really picked up for me around 28-29 & has been pretty good since, wish the show had been this good from the start.

Did you enjoy the
time travels
? To me that's the lowest point of the series.

Anyway, no Drive this Sunday. I'll use the time to catch up on Ninninger..I've lagged a bit.

Edit: Fun fact, Fourze was revealed this week a few years ago. Since Ghost was confirmed to appear in the summer movie we'll be getting his info very soon.

Did you enjoy the
time travels
? To me that's the lowest point of the series.

Yes & no, Nago's had some funny moments but they both seemed rather pointless.

Finished the series now, a lot of what happens in the latter half on the show makes of for the "meh-ness" of the first half. I liked enough of it that I don't feel as though I've wasted my time but it's duking it out with Wizard for last place of the Kamen Riders that I've finished so far.

On to Decade!

ReiGun

What happen to that lip service that the Mach system was the next evolution and Drive was a deadend?

Steinbelt was full of shit. The Drive System is constantly getting upgraded and evolving. The Mach System? Gou asked for an upgrade and Krim was like "Just believe in yourself :3"

Watch Da Birdie

In subbing news, OrangeLion *who did Gaim Gaiden* are now subbing Den-O, say they're gonna do it one a week. Very nice. First episode is out, and it seems good + better quality than TV-N.

The Signal Bikes don't even have as much utility as the Shift Cars.

There's still like three basic ones recorded on the Mach Driver...I'm hoping maybe Banno will create a few new ones for Gou.

The Shift Cars themselves are probably one of the cooler gimmicks in years---well, the actual toy seems kind of weak, but in the show they rock. I wish I had my own Shift Cars. :(

javadoze

Shame Deco Traveller never go more time to shine

Reminds me that Deco Traveler, Colorful Commercial, and Burning Solar never got used in tire exchages...

EDIT: Well, technically they're going to be used in Type Tridoron's tire mixups so there's that.

WarRock

Steinbelt was full of shit. The Drive System is constantly getting upgraded and evolving. The Mach System? Gou asked for an upgrade and Krim was like "Just believe in yourself :3"
To be fair, Gou is basically being mentally unstable while Shinnosuke gets more decided and focused each week.

So, yeah. Maybe if they switched belts Mach would be miles better?

Watch Da Birdie

Reminds me that Deco Traveler, Colorful Commercial, and Burning Solar never got used in tire exchages...

EDIT: Well, technically they're going to be used in Type Tridoron's tire mixups so there's that.

We never saw Amazing Circus either.

ReiGun

To be fair, Gou is basically being mentally unstable while Shinnosuke gets more decided and focused each week.

So, yeah. Maybe if they switched belts Mach would be miles better?

True. But they also made it seem as though they weren't even researching improvements for Mach. Like Dead Heat was it, even though they still had Formula waiting for Drive.

Boss Doggie

NCw10sp.jpg

kek, even in Pokemon (tokusatsu filming episode) they have height disparity between stuntmen and actual actors (Pikachu in costume is small, Hawlucha in Pikachu suit is the bigger one)

Top Bottom