• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Tiu Neo

Kiva, just watched the episode where
Wataru is possessed by Otoya's spirit, or something like that.

Wataru's actor was really good on this episode. I wonder if Ghost will have something similar to that.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Why would you give your son a lawnmower for when they're headed to boarding school? It's not like they make the students mow their own lawn!

Whose lawn was Yakumo mowing at the beginning of the episode, does he just mow random lawns in Japan?

Why was the Lawnmower Yokai's ability mind-control? And no, the Otoroshi has nothing to do with mind control either.

f2266g9.jpg

It just doesn't make any gosh-darn sense, I tell ya what.

Why would you give your son a lawnmower for when they're headed to boarding school? It's not like they make the students mow their own lawn!

Whose lawn was Yakumo mowing at the beginning of the episode, does he just mow random lawns in Japan?

Why was the Lawnmower Yokai's ability mind-control? And no, the Otoroshi has nothing to do with mind control either.

f2266g9.jpg

It just doesn't make any gosh-darn sense, I tell ya what.

That sounds like it should have been Star's episode. But he's gone back to the states. Where lawns are more prevalent. The hell?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Just caught up with Drive/Gaim movie... watching movies like this especially when we get them during home video release is a bit hard to adjust to - since you got stuff like early season plot elements.

It really makes no sense... They could at least acknowledge Zeo.

I wonder if Goranger nostalgia is this bad in Japan

This is what I mean before with regards to pop culture criticism in USA.

As for Goranger nah. At most they're the target of parodies, but even then parodies tend to look more at overall / common theme of Sentai than Goranger itself.

vareon

It's a bit frustrating when a PR comic could be used as a true Super Megaforce, e.g. actual crazy Rangers crossover without being burdened with real life logistics, but instead they go MMPR.

Pluto

It's a bit frustrating when a PR comic could be used as a true Super Megaforce, e.g. actual crazy Rangers crossover without being burdened with real life logistics, but instead they go MMPR.
They have to start somehwere and currently we don't even know what plans they actually have for the story, so isn't it a bit early to complain?

But I'd prefer a continous story focusing on one team over a clusterfuck of cameos of every ranger ever anyway. Just because a comic isn't burdened by budget limitations and actor availability and can do literally everything doesn't mean it should.

vareon

Man, Drive is really good isn't it? All the protagonists are in danger and I don't see an easy way out
outside of bullshittery

I feel like the SCP is one of the best supporting team for Kamen Rider we have for years.

They have to start somehwere and currently we don't even know what plans they actually have for the story, so isn't it a bit early to complain?

But I'd prefer a continous story focusing on one team over a clusterfuck of cameos of every ranger ever anyway. Just because a comic isn't burdened by budget limitations and actor availability and can do literally everything doesn't mean it should.

I don't say it has to be a clusterfuck, but you're right about a bit early to complain.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Hey, do you guys remember Golem, he was kind of a big deal...

i was hoping that a new powerup came with golem. him being shy and all. but nope. another lost character in that series. if there was ever a kr series i wanted adapted, it would be wizard, because it would be hard to fuck up sans the saban method of plugging 1 to 1 while making the actors take a dive on acting their way out of a wet paper bag

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.

Yikes, that's exact.
I'd hate to see what he would have done with Dino Charge.
I know he wouldn't have been able to pull of his "diversity pattern". In his last three seasons:
Red was a white guy (Cole, Jayden, Troy)
Blue was a black guy (Max, Kevin, Noah)
Black/Green was a different minority (Danny, Mike, Jake)
Yellow was a blonde (Taylor, Emily, Gia)
Pink was an Asian (Alyssa, Mia, Emma)

I was considering watching Den-O because I like to have seen both series before I watch the crossover movies but after those Decade episodes I highly doubt I could put up with a whole series of that. Hibiki looks cool though so I'll probably watch it after I'm done with Decade.

WillyFive

I was considering watching Den-O because I like to have seen both series before I watch the crossover movies but after those Decade episodes I highly doubt I could put up with a whole series of that. Hibiki looks cool though so I'll probably watch it after I'm done with Decade.

Den-O is probably my favorite, but I can understand.

WillyFive

That's a very true point, we should be more careful with spoilers.

But at the same time....a villain having a fate on a Kamen Rider show isn't something I would consider a spoiler; at this point it's a premise.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
That's a very true point, we should be more careful with spoilers.

But at the same time....a villain having a fate on a Kamen Rider show isn't something I would consider a spoiler; at this point it's a premise.

Oh, of course, of course. It's not so much knowing that it happens, anyone could guess that, it's knowing when.

Top Bottom