• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

I think the premise mentioned that he'd need to travel after the Eyecons, so that might be why there isn't much on-location shooting, since they'll be mostly using studio sets to simulate various places around the world, at least for this initial arc.

I think you might be right.

vareon

Have really no good source on this, but I saw someone mention that Ghost has been surprisingly low on on-set shots---some have speculated apparently this might be because there are a lot of scenes shot in studios rather than on location for perhaps more night-scenes.

Maybe that's why there were rumors of all-CG rider early on? Someone tries to extrapolate the lack of information?

Tiu Neo

The retool never bothered me. In fact it was needed to prevent the writer's usual "nothing happens in middle of Sentai" to actually substantial to happen.

Wait, Eiji
is his own terminator
?

I didn't understand that too, but
the trailer shows him transforming into the Dark Drive. Maybe he'll get the powers or something like that?

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
I didn't understand that too, but
the trailer shows him transforming into the Dark Drive. Maybe he'll get the powers or something like that?

Wait, hold on, they spoiled that in the trailers?

Well shit. Movie spoilers below:

Eiji is just straight up Dark Drive. He's a Roidmude. The real Eiji died before the events of the movie. The Eiji we see in the movie is always a Roidmude.

Tiu Neo

Eiji is just straight up Dark Drive. He's a Roidmude. The real Eiji died before the events of the movie. The Eiji we see in the movie is always a Roidmude.

Yes, after the next episode preview, iirc.

That makes no sense,
He... was after himself? Or it was just a ruse?

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninninger 24

The Western Yokai are called barbarians? That's racist, yo.
Thank you Kinji for calling him Frankenstein's monster. Unless he just said Frankenstein and O-T took creative liberties.
I'll admit, I laughed when Franken had all that otaku merch (including the body pillow)
Sooo this was just one big advertisement for a theme park right?

Drive 41

Golden Freeza, and now Gold Drive. Toei has been loving Gold lately (hell, Ninnin has a Gold Ranger)
Pretty cool that we got to learn a lot more about Medic, and there was a major change from Light to Dark.
Poor Brain, being reduced to comic relief.

NeonZ

Yes, after the next episode preview, iirc.

That makes no sense,
He... was after himself? Or it was just a ruse?

Based on the spoilers, it seems like he can remote control Dark Drive. And, yes, it was all a big ruse.

WarRock

I sure hope there's tons of night scenes in Ghost. It's a.. ghost, after all. The last one was, what, in Fourze?

"Ah, Edo, Picasso's old stomping grounds!"
Well, Picasso did study japanese art.

SHT "haha we were just transporting and not killing everybody" shit again. Shyamalan got nothing on Toei.

BatDan

Dino Charge 10 aired in Latin America.
We now know the actor playing Ivan, the Gold Ranger, is Davi Santos. It's been speculated but now it's confirmed. He will likely show up next episode.

Tiu Neo

But
Krim was also in the future as the leader, unless his purpose was to usurp Krim?

Or maybe
it was all part of Future Krim's plans, it was actually Banno/someone else acting as it was Krim.

Are there spoilers in english out there already? I don't really care that much about spoiling myself before watching it, and now I'm curious.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Or maybe
it was all part of Future Krim's plans, it was actually Banno/someone else acting as it was Krim.

Are there spoilers in english out there already? I don't really care that much about spoiling myself before watching it, and now I'm curious.

Yeah, Tom Constantine from Tokusatsu Network and Igadevil were answering questions about it on Twitter a couple days ago.

https://twitter.com/TomConstantines/status/629803600437338112

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I sure hope there's tons of night scenes in Ghost. It's a.. ghost, after all. The last one was, what, in Fourze?

The finale of the Volt Arc in Drive, Mach vs. Brain before the former's "turn", but that was a pretty short scene.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ninninger 24

Man Fuuka sure is a spoilt brat...I don't like her, but it's nice to know that her role can easily be replaced by Kasumi.

Also Fraken confirmed to be an otaku

Drive 41

So the boyfriend gets no response but the dog does, man that is some tough love.

I also love it how they trolled us by keeping 006 true form a secret and just killed him off before he used it.

Also Gold Drive is not messing about.

Tiu Neo

Ninninger 24

This was a good episode. The first part was almost a Dad Focus episode pt2, which I'm ok with. Didn't expect Franken to be an otaku, hehe. The whole setup to not make Fuuka notice was fun, and Kasumi replacing her at the roll call was great.

On those last two episodes Nagi pretty much went from "character I want to like but does nothing" to "character I genuinely like". He's a nice guy, and I like his silly fighting style when transformed.

The giant battles are as entertaining as ever. Shinobimaru was a great idea.

This was almost an anti-Fuuka Focus episode, with a Fuuka focus next week, eh?

drizzle

Axel Hertz
UY2nsim.png

NeonZ

...wait.
Everyone was 108? Hahahahahahahaha.

Regarding Future Krim,
it seems like he was just a lie from 108 and just plainly doesn't exist, only appearing in exposition scenes from 108/Eiji... which is kind of odd considering the tv scenes which seemed to show him as a real person walking around in the present.

javadoze

Heart is going to pull the swerve and help the riders right?

I guess momentarily the show will turn into "Everybody Hates Banno" until he's killed off for good.

Drive 41

Just like I said last week, the introduction of Banno as a primary villain gave the show the big villain that it needs. While I'm not so hot on the return of Brain as comedic relief, it's always nice to see him.

And finally, an evil prediction I'm going to make right now:
Banno use Chase as a body for Gold Drive and the others will have to take him out.

Ninninger 24

Franken is perfect, though I would've loved to see him last longer. The weekly plot around Fuuka going to the amusement park
kinda went nowhere?
Though I shouldn't complain since it gave us a great mech fight this episode and there'll be a Fuuka focus episode next week.

Watch Da Birdie

Press Conference usually happened on Thursdays in the past, right?

Seems like it'd be a good time with Ghost since Surprise Future is out now and everything.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Regarding Future Krim,
it seems like he was just a lie from 108 and just plainly doesn't exist, only appearing in exposition scenes from 108/Eiji... which is kind of odd considering the tv scenes which seemed to show him as a real person walking around in the present.

maybe
holograms
?

NeonZ

Basically, as far as I understand.
108 is Dark Drive, Eiji, and Evil!Krim. The Next System that Dark Drive uses can be put on autopilot (without a person actually wearing it).

So yeah... Everything is 108.

See,
the issue based on the spoilers I've been reading is that it seems like, in the movie, there's no Evil Krim in the present. He only appears in exposition scenes when Eiji/108 is talking (and lying about) the future he came from. It's apparently not a form that 108 actually takes physically, just a lie told by him, which makes his tv show cameos kind of odd.

And, actually, rewatching the cameos of the supposed "future" Krim in the tv show, there's a scene where he wonders whether humans or Roidmudes will win in the end, which doesn't make much sense if he came from the future.

Tiu Neo

See,
the issue based on the spoilers I've been reading is that it seems like, in the movie, there's no Evil Krim in the present. He only appears when Eiji/108 is talking (and lying about) the future he came from. It's apparently not a form that 108 actually takes physically, just a lie told by him, which makes his tv show cameos kind of odd.

And, actually, rewatching the cameos of the supposed "future" Krim in the tv show, there's a scene where he wonders whether humans or Roidmudes will win in the end, which doesn't make much sense if he came from the future.

...so, maybe
Future Krim is actually another plot point in the series? We still have 6 episodes, right?

Or it's just inconsistent as hell, wouldn't surprise me too.

WarRock

My English skills failed me again orz

Catching up with Ninninger.

22 had some nice scenes, and Yakumo has more chemistry with Kin than with Takaharu.
23 was amazing, that snowman! Also cemented that no matter who gets the power ups, Kasumi is the best ninja in the team.

Mr-Joker

Banned
My English skills failed me again orz

Catching up with Ninninger.

22 had some nice scenes, and Yakumo has more chemistry with Kin than with Takaharu.
23 was amazing, that snowman! Also cemented that no matter who gets the power ups, Kasumi is the best ninja in the team.

Agreed.

Kasumi and Ariakenokata are my two favourite characters, though I like everyone on the show.

So how did the American Yokai get past TSA in those robes?

Either Dracula used his hypnotic powers or magic.... I am going with magic.

Cool, I will check it out later. Waaaay too late to watch a grown man rage at a children show.

BatDan

Watch Da Birdie

Top Bottom