• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

javadoze

Ghost "Preview"

It's basically some weird music video, but we get to see the Ghost Forms in action...

Also, uh...Eyecons are space aliens?

I have no idea what this is, but Ghost can't come soon enough. (I like how the suit actor has to hold the driver in place so it doesn't move around when form-changing.)

Ninninger 27

While having some interesting episodes, the western yokai were rather lackluster as an "arc". Though next week...
I have to wonder if the Kibaoni Ninja Corps will pose the beginning of a new story arc.

Tiu Neo

Ninninger 27

Everything about Kinji's family is both silly and awesome at the same time. That guitar shotgun, the fact that they lived on a western town and eat cheeseburgers all the time.

The story has taken an interesting turn, with a bit of Kibaoni's backstory and Kinji
becoming a yokai/werewolf? That's what it looked like, with the purple eyes.

I hope Kibaoni Corps are a bit stronger than the western yokai. Maybe they'll be this season's Flowery Kunoichi/Gouraiger.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
4KYwiRL.gif

Aw, now I hope the Eyecons are sentient!

Maybe that's just for that music video, which seems to be a dream sequence? They don't move in the "real world" shot.

Maybe...actually, I wonder if that scene at the end is meant to be before he actually becomes Ghost? From the summaries, it seems like he finds the Ghost Eyecon and such but doesn't use it till he dies---so maybe they're not active at that point.

javadoze

http://i.imgur.com/4KYwiRL.gif

Aw, now I hope the Eyecons are sentient!

Maybe...actually, I wonder if that scene at the end is meant to be before he actually becomes Ghost? From the summaries, it seems like he finds the Ghost Eyecon and such but doesn't use it till he dies---so maybe they're not active at that point.

I just realized that sentient collectibles means a possibility for backstories for the eyecons. (Sadly, I feel Drive didn't go all the way with the shift cars.)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Ninninger was disappointing. Seriously even ToQger's important moments were important rather than shoehorned.

Now Drive... holy fuck ;_;

Chase always suffering.

NBpv7wZ.jpg

WarRock

Drive 44
I was going "BRAIN WHERE THE FUCK IS YOUR PLAN" for a full minute during the Sigma Circular scene and started to believe it was too late
, I got played like a fiddle )=

Chase and Brain have come such a long way since Drive started, I pity whoever abandoned this midway. Those final episodes are strongest final stretch I have seen for a Rider show (so far), each week is better than the last and they're having a nice balance of light hearted scenes, character development and plot development.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Drive 44

Chase... Brain... everyone is suffering.
The last several episodes have been "Fuck You Banno", and this was the biggest of them.

Next week
looks to hit hard too. Fuck.

So Power Morphicon has Keichi Wada as a guest. Problem is I'd have to go to Power Morphicon to meet him. And I'll have 8 month old twins at that point. No go :/

BatDan

So Power Morphicon has Keichi Wada as a guest. Problem is I'd have to go to Power Morphicon to meet him. And I'll have 8 month old twins at that point. No go :/

That's cool, I imagine in response to the Dairanger DVD.

Optimally the release schedule should be three a year. Two that became PR seasons, and one pre-Zyu.

This week's episode of Drive.. I realized I was subconciously clenching my fists pretty hard. I haven't done that watching an episode in a long time. Next week's episode is going to be tough I think.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
For those who care, Netflix Japan has some of the more recent Kamen Rider movies (from W to Forze).

Tiu Neo

Drive 44

Another episode with the perfect mix of funny, sad and touching moments, and shit getting real(er).

Chase. ;_;

BRAIN! ;_;

Watch Da Birdie

I can't get that fucking "B~ACCHIRIMINA!" jingle out of my head.

Apparently it's voiced by m.c.A.T., who sung the rap portion of Faiz's "People with no names".

BatDan

I don't think that controller will allow you to henshin into a Kamen Rider, sorry

Now there's an idea. Kamen Rider Vidya
His alternate forms are popular video game archtypes. The platformer hero, the RPG hero, the monster trainer

WarRock

You guys really think that Chase
is going to bite the dust? I mean, everytime they announce someone's death it kinda... doesn't happen. See: Gentaro and Shinnosuke.

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
is going to bite the dust? I mean, everytime they announce someone's death it kinda... doesn't happen. See: Gentaro and Shinnosuke.

My thoughts exactly. You know someone isn't
going to die when the episode title outright says they will.

Plus he's in the scans for the Ghost crossover episode.

javadoze

Well...

Judging by the scans of the Drive/Ghost special that will air between shows, Chase looks alive and well.

vareon

Do we ever have a character that died in preview and actually died afterwards?

Edit: Put on spoiler tags, just to be nice.

javadoze

Do we ever have a character that died in preview and actually died afterwards?

Edit: Put on spoiler tags, just to be nice.

Jetman
...technically even if Gai dies way long after the episode titled "Gai Dies!".

And then there's Zyuranger.

Reishiki

Banned
I watched 3 of the SHT movies this weekend, all I got out of it was that glorious HD Faiz henshin in the third(?) one.

Can't get enough of that Faiz gear voice...

alvmew

I really really hope Chase dies. Not that I don't like the character - I actually like him a lot
and dat-ass.jpg
, but I like it when characters in these shows actually die and stay dead (which probably won't happen). I mean it makes no sense to have a war between good and evil where all of the bad guys end up being killed, but the good guys get off without a scratch. That's just not how life works lol.

That's why I like that by the end of it, Gaim killed off (Spoilers, duh)
Yuya and probably millions-billions of Earth's denizens with the invasion of Helheim and the thing with those atomic bombs, as well as Kamen Riders Baron, Duke, Sigurd, Marika, Kurokage I, Mars/Jam, Kamuro, Idunn, Tyrant, and Bujin Gaim (I'll count him lol).

Watch Da Birdie

NeonZ

It's interesting though. So far, the Ganma had just been described as creatures from another dimension. So, the other dimension might actually be the world of the dead, and they're just ghosts too like the Eyecon?

I guess their skull themed grunts also match that idea. In that case though, I wonder why they didn't outright reveal it, if it's going to be relevant so soon...

Slayven

people complained about the recent clips episode of Ninnger, Ultraman just did one 7 episodes in. And it wouldn't be so bad if it like covered all Ultramen, but no just the first 7 episodes of this series.

ahdurian

i never realized until I watch a review of the DX Shift Next Special car....but the Drive Driver and Mach Driver use different languages for the same cars

in the video, Drive Driver used English to say "Super Dead Heat" while the Mach Driver does it in Japanese "Chou Dead Heat"

one word difference, but just neat to me

WarRock

I really really hope Chase dies. Not that I don't like the character - I actually like him a lot
and dat-ass.jpg
, but I like it when characters in these shows actually die and stay dead (which probably won't happen). I mean it makes no sense to have a war between good and evil where all of the bad guys end up being killed, but the good guys get off without a scratch. That's just not how life works lol.
How do you feel about Agito? :3

The only fake death that bothered the hell out of me was
Philip's in W. My headcanon dictates that none of the last episodes scenes with him and Wakana (spelling?) happened.

Top Bottom