• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

ahdurian

Nin28

That was a really fun episode

Only issue for me was
it looks like all the Izayoi Ninja's are gonna be MOTW....i was hoping they'd get at least 2 episodes each, considering Western Yokai didn't

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I'm tempted to say this was the best Ninninger yet---really fun, creative, and with a decent amount of plot movement. The MOTW had a really cool look and voice, too.

Hope this keeps up.

javadoze

Drive 45

-A pretty action-packed episode. The start with all 3 riders fighting together in their base forms with no additional power-ups just felt satisfying to watch.

-Oh, hey. The emergency Drive pit creator being
Shinnosuke's old partner
was a nice touch (though I feel like he could've been better integrated into the main cast juuuuust bit more).

-"Did you like the 3 henshins at once in the beginning? Well... This time we're giving you
FIVE AT ONCE WITH HEART AND MEDIC JOINING IN!
Just like with the intro 3 riders fighting at the beginning of the episode, this episode hits all the right buttons for me in terms of action.

-Finally, the last scene with
Chase dying was pretty well done. The transformation into Machine Chaser was a nice little treat and the resulting wound from the signal axe and his impending explosion made his death seem much more savage in comparison to the sparks+explosion you'd usually get.

vareon

Drive is goooooooooood. Banno's maniacal laugh can deliver everything. The fights are gread, though Heart looks really awkward when running.

(I loved how the three Riders de-transformed mid episode so they can have their epic transforming scene again).

Next, on Kamen Rider Drive!
People yelling!
People yelling!
More yelling!

WarRock

I think I stopped Ninnin at 25, and I'm not missing it. Drive's final is just so good and Ninnin characters so bland.

Oooh, can't remember the last time OT had both Drive and Ninninger out by Sunday.

But hey, did anyone think the opening of Drive was...odd?

Like Gen just nonchalant told us that, oh yeah, Shinnosuke, Gou, and Chase probably died. But everyone was oddly calm.

Hayase coming back was a nice surprise, and sort of justified his absence. I wish they could've got Harley back as well and had him contribute to the second Drive Pit too...
I was sure that the responsible for the
Emergency Pit
would be Harley, yeah.

I didn't think everybody was oddly calm, but it bugged me that
Gen and some other cops were in the scene with Drivers, Gen shouted "let's go gelp them" at some point but they never got near Gold Drive, didn't get affected by the explosion neither were shown during or after it. They kinda just teleported back to the police station.

Drive is goooooooooood. Banno's maniacal laugh can deliver everything. The fights are gread, though Heart looks really awkward when running.
Oh yeah, Heart and Medic running was pretty awkward haha.

Tiu Neo

There's also the Movie Wars though. It'd be kind of odd to bring him back twice like that so quickly.

Also, it's not a "Ghost special", Ghost will be in two episodes, one by Sanjo (the main writer) and another by other writer. So, it's probably not a single two part story.

I see... well, I like Chase, he's probably my favorite of the three, so
I hope they at least give a good reason to bring him back to life. Thinking a bit about it, him coming back to life could mean all the roidmudes could also be revived, no? Unless he's special for being 000 and all that.

Ninninger 28

Oh god, that was a great episode. Silly Ninninger is the best Ninninger.

While I'm not a big fan of most recurring enemies, I think it would be better if Izayoi's ninjas didn't die in one week, like the western Yokai. Would make them feel stronger, imo. Well, maybe he'll be back, since he got his shuriken back at the end.

Ohhh, another dad's powers episode next week, nice!

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
My theory on Chase:

He's the only one of the main Roidmudes whose original human we haven't seen yet. Maybe the Chase we'll get in the Ghost teamup/future teamups will be "human" Chase? I know that's stretching it a bit (hell, it's my theory and I don't even really believe it), but it's one possibility.

WarRock

I see... well, I like Chase, he's probably my favorite of the three, so
I hope they at least give a good reason to bring him back to life. Thinking a bit about it, him coming back to life could mean all the roidmudes could also be revived, no? Unless he's special for being 000 and all that.
000, no core, 3 forms (human/roidmude/machine chaser) besides Rider, memories in the Shift Bike, multiple programmings (000, ProtoDrive, Chaser, Chaser altered by Brain, back to normal to back to normal with memories restored, awakened multiple human emotions instead of a single intense one), he's unique between the Roidmudes.

ahdurian

000, no core, 3 forms (human/roidmude/machine chaser) besides Rider, memories in the Shift Bike, multiple programmings (000, ProtoDrive, Chaser, Chaser altered by Brain, back to normal to back to normal with memories restored, awakened multiple human emotions instead of a single intense one), he's unique between the Roidmudes.

he had a core though.....
you see it blow up at the end

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ninninger 28

Yeah this really does feel like a retool. Instead of just fighting Yokai, they're now fighting a school of ninja. Everyone feels reinvigorated too, with a greater team dynamic than before.

Pretty big plot bomb at the end there. I guess the subtitles also confirmed Kyuuemon is male (unless he was using gender-neutral pronouns and OT just went with the scans)

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Another thing regarding Chase:
There was no picture of him with the flowers on the Toei site this week. He got his flowers when filming on the series wrapped along with Shinnosuke and Gou's actors. He'll be back before the end, for sure.

Tiu Neo

The second one was proven fake this episode. Medic also had her memories and emotions messed up with a few times, for different reasons. The others may be because he was a prototype, but yeah, I kinda feel that's
the reason he can come back to life and other roidmudes no.

WarRock

he had a core though.....
you see it blow up at the end

The second one was proven fake this episode. Medic also had her memories and emotions messed up with a few times, for different reasons. The others may be because he was a prototype, but yeah, I kinda feel that's
the reason he can come back to life and other roidmudes no.
...oh yeah. I feel dumb now.

alvmew

Another thing regarding Chase:
There was no picture of him with the flowers on the Toei site this week. He got his flowers when filming on the series wrapped along with Shinnosuke and Gou's actors. He'll be back before the end, for sure.

Of course, it could just be that
Chase "comes back" for the final episode, which we know is the crossover with Ghost not written by the main writer and it therefore might not be canon with the show.

NeonZ

Of course, it could just be that
Chase "comes back" for the final episode, which we know is the crossover with Ghost not written by the main writer and it therefore might not be canon with the show.

Ghost is debuting
in 47 though, even though 48 is the one more focused on him. And
47 is by the main writer and part of the main story.

BatDan

I wonder if Ghost appearing for two episodes is another attempt at making a shared Kamen Rider universe.

javadoze

Sofubi Sentai Ninninger 28

-The team's toy infiltration and sofubi AkaNinger at the beginning already had me sold on this episode.

-Another appearance of the ED dance? Why do I feel like Ninninger's going to pull a "Song of the Earth" twist and have it turn out to be important later on?

-The running sequence was admittedly pretty clever.

-Of course, we cap it off with a running roll call. I wouldn't be surprised if they keep finding new ways to do one like every 5 episodes or so.

-The plot twist at the end
with Tsumiji's powers actually has me intrigued if they're going to end up having another team member soon.
Even then, it's actually nice that the show is continuing along that character arc and not forgetting about it.

ahdurian

Sofubi Sentai Ninninger 28
-The plot twist at the end
with Tsumiji's powers actually has me intrigued if they're going to end up having another team member soon.
Even then, it's actually nice that the show is continuing along that character arc and not forgetting about it.

I would think
so, if only because the roll call seems off with Star on the side and no one on the opposite side

javadoze

I wonder if Ghost appearing for two episodes is another attempt at making a shared Kamen Rider universe.
I miss this from Kamen Rider Double-Fourze. I don't mind if Ghost wants to be a self-contained story, but it'd be nice if Takeru hears of the term "Kamen Rider" because of Shinnosuke being the first public one.

I would think
so, if only because the roll call seems off with Star on the side and no one on the opposite side

The symmetry must be fulfilled! I was just thinking this around Kinji's debut.

NeonZ

Drive in general seems to be trying to make everything "count". There was a tv magazine special that was a direct sequel to Type Zero, and later it was referenced in the tv show; there's the extra episodes with the blu-ray boxes; they've killed Roidmudes in almost every tie in video and crossover to make them 'count'. So, I'm not surprised that they'll have Ghost in the finale itself, rather than only a special crossover episode.

I only wonder if this will be only something for Drive or if they'll keep it up from now on.

Watch Da Birdie

So...apparently the top three dudes in Kamen Rider among gay men in Japan are Date, Ryuusei, and Tendou.

I would think

We're gonna have three more Ninningers, with Kyuuemon switching back over to the good side to become the ninth. Or that's what I'd do for the pun on Kyuu...

javadoze

We're gonna have three more Ninningers, with Kyuuemon switching back over to the good side to become the ninth. Or that's what I'd do for the pun on Kyuu...
I'd dig it...

Tsumiji=Violet
Kyuuemon=Green
Gramps=Rainbow/Big One

Drive in general seems to be trying to make everything "count". There was a tv magazine special that was a direct sequel to Type Zero, and later it was referenced in the tv show; there's the extra episodes with the blu-ray boxes; they've killed Roidmudes in almost every tie in video and crossover to make them 'count'. So, I'm not surprised that they'll have Ghost in the finale itself, rather than only a special crossover episode.

I only wonder if this will be only something for Drive or if they'll keep it up from now on.

The writer/producer combo on Kyoryuger and Kamen Rider Drive seem to be pretty continuity-minded, which, I guess, is the reason why they're pretty insistent on having a connected universe and doing things like having a specific number of roidmudes.

With that said, Ghost's connection to this "universe" is entirely dependent on whether or not the next producer/writer are willing to go through with it. Kazuhiro Takahashi's assistant producer credit on Fourze has me thinking it might continue on... But then again, he and the show's writer might just want to create a more self-contained story (like Gaim) and not bother with stuff like that.

BatDan

My Facebook feed keeps mentioning Superhenge, related to something found near Stonehenge. But I keep thinking it's Kakuranger related.

alvmew

So...apparently the top three dudes in Kamen Rider among gay men in Japan are Date, Ryuusei, and Tendou.

Date I can see
I still think Eiji is hotter though
, but the other two - really? Blah. Eiji > Chase > Kouta > the rest of the trash.

WarRock

Doing some digging for college work and found a master thesis about tokusatsu including mentions to fan made ones: the french France Five, the brazilian Insector Sun and the thai Sport Ranger. Neat stuff!

My Facebook feed keeps mentioning Superhenge, related to something found near Stonehenge. But I keep thinking it's Kakuranger related.
I wasn't the only one!

ReiGun

Doing some digging for college work and found a master thesis about tokusatsu including mentions to fan made ones: the french France Five, the brazilian Insector Sun and the thai Sport Ranger. Neat stuff!

I wasn't the only one!
Yeah it's messing me up too lol

Aizo

Banned
Details on the new Kamen Rider game

A new Kamen Rider title was recently revealed in Bandai Namco’s Tokyo Game Show lineup, and it’s been officially announced in this week’s issue of Famitsu magazine.

Kamen Rider: Battride War Creation will feature many new playable Heisei Era Riders, including some that were enemies or support-only characters in the past. Some of the confirmed Riders include: Drive, Mach, G3X, Knight, Kaixa, Garren, Ibuki, Gatack, Zeronos, Ixa, Kuuga (Yusuke Onodera from Decade,) Diend, Eternal, and Ghost.

The following Showa Era Riders will also appear in the game: Kamen Rider 1, Kamen Rider 2, V3, X, Amazon, Stronger, Skyrider, Super-1, Black, and Black RX.

Kamen Rider: Battride War Creation will release in Japan in 2016 for PlayStation 4, PlayStation 3, and PlayStation Vita.
Source

Slayven

Holy shit Banno, just caught up on Drive. WHen was the last time we had a villain that was just so evil for no damn reason?

BatDan

*watches Gingaman 17*

"The Galactic Light might be hidden in skyscrapers, so let's blow them up using human shaped robots with bombs in them"
WOW! They can NOT make that kind of episode today.

Black Knight/Magna Defender's design is still awesome. We are long overdue for a Sentai with capes, it's been 10 years since Magiranger (and those capes were kind of lame)

Watch Da Birdie

Maybe Sentai could go with Knights? They've never really tackled that, and they could have capes...

Also Dragomaru makes me think perhaps to fit that theme all the Mecha being different Dragons from across history's legends would be neat.

Tiu Neo

Maybe Sentai could go with Knights? They've never really tackled that, and they could have capes...

Also Dragomaru makes me think perhaps to fit that theme all the Mecha being different Dragons from across history's legends would be neat.

Or maybe just go with mystical beasts, like Changeman.

Dragon, Unicorn, Griffon...

Watch Da Birdie

Or maybe just go with mystical beasts, like Changeman.

Dragon, Unicorn, Griffon...

I was thinking a mecha where the gimmick is a centaur---

Like Red gets various mechas that form the upper-body, and the other 4 members have Mecha that combine into the legs. And it ends up being a centaur-style robot.

Tiu Neo

I was thinking a mecha where the gimmick is a centaur---

Like Red gets various mechas that form the upper-body, and the other 4 members have Mecha that combine into the legs. And it ends up being a centaur-style robot.

Or maybe something like a knight mecha and a mount mecha. Mecha jousting!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

騎士戦隊ナイトマン?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
AHHHHHHHHHH

JXfv0S0.jpg
a0BzWnV.jpg
9AqyfcG.jpg

Slayven

You have to lessen your definition of dragon a bit. After Western and Eastern pickings get slim.
Like quetzalcoatl

Australia has a giant lizard myth can't think of the name of it right now

Top Bottom