• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Watched the final episodes of Toqger overall I actually really liked this show, I did not like the first episodes but grew on me. I liked that it wasn't red heavy Blue and Yellow seemed to have gotten more episodes and development.

The only explanation I have for Grita surviving death is she got absorbed into the sword and then broke free when Right sent it flying

Tzmhero

Did Decade!Wataru ever come back? The kid would be a bit older now... makes me wonder if he'll be back in Rider/sentai at any time.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
wasn't decade wataru in a toku show in the last few years? Or some other kid that looks like him.

Cross-checking the various Wikis, he also played Young Jan in Gekiranger.
Which predates Decade...
It's possible that it's another kid that looks like him

ReiGun

Just watched the second episode of Dino Charge. Man why does Kendall have it out for Shelby? Talking bout "who knows why you're the Pink Ranger?" and "I mean, you probably aren't up to this anyway tho." Even Keeper had to step in and say something.

BatDan

Just watched the second episode of Dino Charge. Man why does Kendall have it out for Shelby? Talking bout "who knows why you're the Pink Ranger?" and "I mean, you probably aren't up to this anyway tho." Even Keeper had to step in and say something.

From the first episode, Kendall doesn't seem to think highly of Shelby. The first scene together had Shelby drop a dinner roll in her soup, and she casually acknowledges her like this has happened before. So from that you can gather Kendall thinks of her as an absent-minded klutz.

From the first episode, Kendall doesn't seem to think highly of Shelby. The first scene together had Shelby drop a dinner roll in her soup, and she casually acknowledges her like this has happened before. So from that you can gather Kendall thinks of her as an absent-minded klutz.

It probably doesn't help that Shelby's been working there for A YEAR and still gets stuff like that wrong. Puts it into perspective, doesn't it?

ReiGun

I mean I get all that but damn. She just starting going in on ol girl. lol

Also, the morphing call is way too long.

jwk94

I actually like Kendall having something against Shelby. It opens up a lot of room for character development between the two.

I mean I get all that but damn. She just starting going in on ol girl. lol

Also, the morphing call is way too long.
Agreed.

BatDan

I don't know, it seems to be the same length as Kyoryuger

Brave In!
GABURINCHO *Dinosaur name*
Kyoyru Change! *dance dance dance dance dance*
Fire!

Dino Charger Ready!
*Dinosaur name* CHARGER ENGAGE!
Energize!
Unleash the Power!

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
What episode do they say Kouichiro is the leader of Megaranger? I feel like I missed an episode, the one where Mega Silver shows up he seems to call Kouichiro the leader out of no where and then the episodes after that he starts to actually matter.

jwk94

Brave In!
Fire!

Dino Charger Ready!
Energize!
Unleash the Power!

It's the "It's morphin time" that makes it long.

jwk94

Finally finished ToQger.....that ending was the poor man's Gokaiger ending with Den-O mixed in. Speaking of Den-O, I kinda teared up remembering that show's ending. Man did it end up surprising me in the end.

But back to Toqger, you're seriously telling me the five others survived that point blank shot to Z? Cmon son. And they just let Z get away with that Deus Ex Machina crap? Ugh, I'm glad this season is over.

Ugh double post. Sorry.

WillyFive

Den-O kicks ToQger's butt in everything.

Just like Fourze does to Megaranger. *runs*

Brave In!
Fire!

Dino Charger Ready!
Energize!
Unleash the Power!

http://youtu.be/bHZ_BkkaOdI

They are actually very close in length. Whatever amount of time Dino Charge saves in skipping the dance is lost on saying so many different phrases to morph.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
This episode of Megaranger where Chisato's Grandmother shows up was pretty fucking awful up until the grandmother decides to steal a patrol car.

Annd back to awful, nevermind

Tiu Neo

Ninninger 1 looks awesome. Even if I couldn't understand almost anything of what they were saying, it looks like It's off to a great start, imo.

Lots of action, the vehicles/robots look great, and we even got the combination on the first episode!

Their use of ninja powers is awesome too.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Yeah Ninnin is already more entertaining than ToQ

Good:
Action
Henshin sequence
Omg fast moving robo
White is a great character. Sentai character who cant really do anything.

Bad:
Red needs to work on his annunciation combination of his country accent and inability to separate words makes him hard to understand.

Honestly I liked most everything about it! Yay.

Yeah Ninnin is already more entertaining than ToQ

Good:
Action
Henshin sequence
Omg fast moving robo
White is a great character. Sentai character who cant really do anything.

Bad:
Red needs to work on his annunciation combination of his country accent and inability to separate words makes him hard to understand.

Honestly I liked most everything about it! Yay.

I felt the henshin sequence was a bit complicated, mostly because of the two hands needed to activate the shuriken.

isny

napkin dispenser
Just now finally watching episode two of Dino Charge...Shelby totally pulled a J, lol, that was pretty epic.

Still not liking the gabu revolvers being pulled out of thin air though, they should really have them on their belts at all times, sigh.

WillyFive

Kinda late for this, since it's ninja day, but the ToQger Hyper Battle DVD was great, would have been one of the best episodes of the show if it actually was one.

isny

napkin dispenser
Hammerspace is a long-running Super Sentai/Kamen Rider thing.

I've only really been exposed to the past few years of Sentai/Rider and they've all had the henshin devices on them at all times, so that's my frame of reference (hence why it's strange to me.)

I've only really been exposed to the past few years of Sentai/Rider and they've all had the henshin devices on them at all times, so that's my frame of reference (hence why it's strange to me.)

Drive is actually pretty odd for Riders, in that Mr. Belt is a physical object that fits into a certain space when not being used.

Wizard did "Driver On" to make his appear. Where did Kouta hold the Sengoku Driver? Go back and watch Gaim. They pull the drivers out of nowhere. The Fourze Driver wouldn't fit anywhere on Gentarou. The OOO Driver is one of the few that could theoretically fit in a pocket.

Faiz is the biggest one when it comes to having a physical belt. They literally had to lug the Driver around in suitcases in that show.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Drive is actually pretty odd for Riders, in that Mr. Belt is a physical object that fits into a certain space when not being used.

Wizard did "Driver On" to make his appear. Where did Kouta hold the Sengoku Driver? Go back and watch Gaim. They pull the drivers out of nowhere. The Fourze Driver wouldn't fit anywhere on Gentarou. The OOO Driver is one of the few that could theoretically fit in a pocket.

Faiz is the biggest one when it comes to having a physical belt. They literally had to lug the Driver around in suitcases in that show.

didnt kouta pull it from under his vest at times?

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Fucking Wizard could have done something interesting with him pulling weapons out of portals. Like, oh I need my sword let me go grab it, then cut to a dead phantom from last week with the sword in him then see the portal form with a hand reaching out of it to grab.

WillyFive

Gaim is the worst offender of Hammer Space. At one point, one of Gaim's staff was literally handed to him by an off-screen person in the most obvious way possible.

Anyway, Ninninjer premiere was great. I loved how focused the episode, only focusing on the 5 Rangers and their mentors, with side characters not appearing and villains only getting very minimal screen time. It allowed for the pacing of the episode to be both chill and compelling. Also, I love how fast paced the action is; especially that awesomely kinetic roll call and how there's no slow motion used at all, not even for the mech fights, which were great looking, fast moving, and had no horrible ToQger CGI in them.

ReiGun

It's weird because they can't exactly lug the things around if they're trying to keep their identities a secret. The Kyoryugers didn't have that problem since outside of Nobuharu's sister, they didn't care who knew their identities. On the flip, hammerspace can be a little disconcerting.

Also, this episode we saw Tyler morph without even pulling out his gaburevolver so who knows.'

As for riders, I think it's when they pull out the entire belt and not just the driver part that gets me. That and when the belt just appears on them. Like, no Shotaro. You were not wearing that at all a second ago.

jwk94

So how do you guys think a CW Kamen Rider series would do? Yes I'm asking because of the recent episode of The Flash lol.

BatDan

Fucking Wizard could have done something interesting with him pulling weapons out of portals. Like, oh I need my sword let me go grab it, then cut to a dead phantom from last week with the sword in him then see the portal form with a hand reaching out of it to grab.

Wizard was loaded with wasted potential.
By the end I just didn't care. It says something when
Koyomi dies
and I just don't have it in me to care.

So how do you guys think a CW Kamen Rider series would do? Yes I'm asking because of the recent episode of The Flash lol.

You mean Kamen Rider Dragon Knight?

vareon

Gaim is the worst offender of Hammer Space. At one point, one of Gaim's staff was literally handed to him by an off-screen person in the most obvious way possible.

I find Ixa's driver most disturbing, given the story even makes a point that the driver can be shared.

But yeah, the handing over of weapon by staff (I think it's the Banaspear?) is lol.

Top Bottom