• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2015 | Japanese live action superheroes hiding in shadows driving cars

Slayven

Kiva is such a strange beast, including Wataru in the present makes it such a lesser show then if it had focused totally only the past. I never got who exactly the blue sky group was.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I still think the Kiva Movie went in a good direction the show should've...

Dropping the drama with the Fangire and introducing a common enemy in the Legendorga.

Also Blue Sky was literally just three people.

NeonZ

There was one episode where people who were supposed to be Blue Sky members were being attacked, and there's also that one shot of a cargo bay when they brought Ixa's mecha. So, there seemed to be more people, they just were never on screen. Still, Blue Sky was basically just an excuse for Ixa, it's clear that Inoue had no interest in developing it.

Tiu Neo

I still think the Kiva Movie went in a good direction the show should've...

Dropping the drama with the Fangire and introducing a common enemy in the Legendorga.

Yep, it was really weird. It's like... they are those guys who meet on a café, and once had a lab or something like that.

And that's it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Kiva is such a strange beast, including Wataru in the present makes it such a lesser show then if it had focused totally only the past. I never got who exactly the blue sky group was.

kivas largest failure is including otoya in the series. he outshone the main character by a huge margin

vareon

kivas largest failure is including otoya in the series. he outshone the main character by a huge margin

I still think
time travel
is the culprit. The story about a father and son who never met each other yet so much connected was poetic.
Then they met, which missed the point entirely.

Slayven

Otoya should be in jail for all the scenes he stole

tumblr_n3e7afZZAP1rbv1bco3_r1_500.gif

Kurita

Kamen Rider Gaim 11

Looks like shit is starting to get real after that whole incident. Pretty excited to see where this is going!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So Ghost and the Ganma are invisible to those out of the loop it seems, that's kind of neat---so, presumably Ghost will be an unsung hero.

vareon

So Ghost and the Ganma are invisible to those out of the loop it seems, that's kind of neat---so, presumably Ghost will be an unsung hero.

I liked it when KR showed how the world reacted to monsters and men in funny suits fight each other in their world. Obviously not every KR needs to be realistic (otherwise every KR would be Kuuga and Agito) so this is good news to me.

Tiu Neo

vs Bestial Battery Go-Busters

2012/2013 had Akibarangers and that? What a great year.

This is kinda of what I wanted of a modern day Carranger. Perfect.

The contrast with the original series only makes it better.

I liked it when KR showed how the world reacted to monsters and men in funny suits fight each other in their world. Obviously not every KR needs to be realistic (otherwise every KR would be Kuuga and Agito) so this is good news to me.

I feel they're going the opposite of Drive, where Shinnosuke is public and known as an officer of the law.

javadoze

So someone apparently stood in front of a Ghost Driver demo stand and "hacked it" by inserting Q-tips and got these sounds out of it.

Don't click if you don't want to get spoiled on Ghost's future forms.

CPS5OrzWEAA9XGg.png:large

WarRock

vs Bestial Battery Go-Busters

2012/2013 had Akibarangers and that? What a great year.

This is kinda of what I wanted of a modern day Carranger. Perfect.

The contrast with the original series only makes it better.
Yes! It's so fucking good!

So someone apparently stood in front of a Ghost Driver demo stand and "hacked it" by inserting Q-tips and got these sounds out of it.
If
Ishinomori form
doesn't happen, or is bad-written-movie-exclusive, I riot.

If
Ishinomori form
doesn't happen, or is bad-written-movie-exclusive, I riot.[/QUOTE]

That and
Santa Claus
will definitely be one-offs. I'm wondering if there will be a
movie-only female Rider using the Ghost Driver given the Himiko and Nightengale souls

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So someone apparently stood in front of a Ghost Driver demo stand and "hacked it" by inserting Q-tips and got these sounds out of it.Don't click if you don't want to get spoiled on Ghost's future forms.

ishimori form has me excited

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Those alternate Ghost forms sound awesome.
No Den-O in the Rider list. That's weird.

javadoze

Those alternate Ghost forms sound awesome.
No Den-O in the Rider list. That's weird.

Yeah, that's basically all the forms the guy could get out of the Driver for now. Seeing as how Specter and Den-O aren't on the list, there's probably more sounds to be discovered.

BatDan

Yeah, that's basically all the forms the guy could get out of the Driver for now. Seeing as how Specter and Den-O aren't on the list, there's probably more sounds to be discovered.

Ah I see.
Then yeah it's possible Den-O is in there.

yami4ct

None of those really sound like major upgrade forms either to me, so that would make sense.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe

Don't click if you don't want to get spoiled on Ghost's future forms.

didn't know cotton buds could do that

Faiz

Ok it's finally all comin together with me. Even the Soda belts.

Somehow
Ryouma Warring admitting he's a big dork and is having fun with the goofy things the belts say and do makes it all work

So yeah.

SOOOOOODAAAAAAAA

BatDan

Ok it's finally all comin together with me. Even the Soda belts.

Somehow
Ryouma Warring admitting he's a big dork and is having fun with the goofy things the belts say and do makes it all work

So yeah.

SOOOOOODAAAAAAAA

It's Ryoma Sengoku.
Aesir were idiots for not correcting the Sengoku Driver and instead changing his name. No sense at all.
Hence why Ryoma has the nickname "Warren Statesmen"

Faiz

It's Ryoma Sengoku.
Aesir were idiots for not correcting the Sengoku Driver and instead changing his name. No sense at all.
Hence why Ryoma has the nickname "Warren Statesmen"

lol. Fair enough.

Though if there's one thing that's never stopped annoying me about fansubs over the past twenty years it's dumb arguments over translations.

ahdurian

guys...what KR series should I watch now?

I've watched

Drive
Fourze
Gaim
Kiva
Kabuto
OOO
W
Wizard

What I have downloaded but haven't watched is

Agito
Blade
Den-O
Faiz

Kinda leaning towards either Den-O or Faiz

WillyFive

Den-O is my favorite Rider show. Faiz starts out intriguing for the first 10 or so episodes; but then the writing just falls apart in the teens with MISUNDERSTANDINGS and other contrived excuses for drama that ruins the show.

I've watched

Drive
Fourze
Gaim
Kiva
Kabuto
OOO
W
Wizard

Agito
Blade
Den-O
Faiz

Either Den-O or Agito personally(the latter being one of my top favorites), yet to have seen Blade, but heard some people enjoying it. Faiz is well...I enjoyed the fights
and the Spider Orphnoch's schtick with the rapping.
BUT, Paradise Lost is arguably of the best Rider films.

shaowebb

I've watched

Drive
Fourze
Gaim
Kiva
Kabuto
OOO
W
Wizard

Agito
Blade
Den-O
Faiz

Den-O. Definitely Den-O. Its got a completely different tone than most shows and its cast pulls together sooooooo heavily as it goes. One of the most entertaining things Kamen Rider has ever had. There is a reason it was one of the most successful things they ever did and why it appears as often as they can make possible. Its just that good. Heck Momotaros even announced the bumpers for Super Hero Time forever. He literally became synonymous with the Kamen Rider franchise as a face for it.

ahdurian

Den-O is my favorite Rider show. Faiz starts out intriguing for the first 10 or so episodes; but then the writing just falls apart in the teens with MISUNDERSTANDINGS and other contrived excuses for drama that ruins the show.

Either Den-O or Agito personally(the latter being one of my top favorites), yet to have seen Blade, but heard some people enjoying it. Faiz is well...I enjoyed the fights
and the Spider Orphnoch's schtick with the rapping.
BUT, Paradise Lost is arguably of the best Rider films.

Den-O. Definitely Den-O. Its got a completely different tone than most shows and its cast pulls together sooooooo heavily as it goes. One of the most entertaining things Kamen Rider has ever had. There is a reason it was one of the most successful things they ever did and why it appears as often as they can make possible. Its just that good. Heck Momotaros even announced the bumpers for Super Hero Time forever. He literally became synonymous with the Kamen Rider franchise as a face for it.

Den-O it is!

You should watch Kamen Rider Black.

I would if I had I the subs to the full series downloaded

Tiu Neo

Drive 47

That was a nice ending.

Human "Chase" showing up at the end was a nice touch.

So, Chase won't be back? And Tomari will not transform in the special? Or Krim will show up one week after he sealed himself "until the humanity was prepared"?

ahdurian

Drive 47

So wait....were
those things that Ghost were fighting repurposed Roidmudes? I guess that means they're......Ghosts

the human who Chase copied showing up was a nice touch as well

Also, that was a great way to end the series. Going to be so sad if Ghost doesn't turn out that good :(

Though, also wondering
what's with the Episode 48 preview, if the Driver's have been sealed and Chase was destroyed. It seemed like Shinnosuke knew Ghost, but doesn't make sense

BatDan

Drive 47

Very nice finale. Everything wrapped up nicely.
Seeing Chase's human counterpart was a great touch. Though I'm surprised nobody knew he was in the police.
Ghost's cameo was pretty pointless. Could have easily saved his appearance for next week. Next week looks non-canon as fuck... but we'll see.

WarRock

I'm betting in dream world/time travel shenanigans.

Anyway, great final episode for Drive. Gou, Heart, Krim, everybody got closure. But
no Genpachi x Rinna? lol

Top Bottom