• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Tiu Neo

According to dukemon from rangerboard 9 rangers are confirmed, Crane Joe has begun posting listings for the gashapons.

The rangers are:

Red lion
Blue wolf
Yellow swordfish
Green chameleon
Black bull

Those seem to be the main five because they make the first mecha

Additional rangers are

Pink eagle
Orange scorpion
Gold scales
Silver snake charmer

All nine are based on constellations.

Kinda weird. Animals again? Eagle and Lion repeats?

Dunno, sounds fake. Maybe it isn't, but eh...

Wait, is that the rumor with a female green? When I first heard this, it sounded more like a wishlist than anything, lol. Kinda like the Zyuohger will be a sequel to Gaoranger/similar to Sun Vulcan rumors last year.

Some pics of Dekaranger vs Gavan floating around: Retsu and Doggie confirmed!

And, even more important, MAD GALLANT! Now we just need that Juspion cameo.

Pluto

Dunno, sounds fake. Maybe it isn't, but eh...
Crane Joe has been a reliable source in the past and the conference were retailers got to look at the toy catalog was yesterday so the information is out there.

And it's hardly the first time they repeat animals. Gaoranger and Hurricanger both had lions and Gao's eagle and Hurri's hawk weren't that different. Gekiranger, Go-Onger and Shinkenger had lions three times in a row.
Edit: I forgot Goseiger, GoseiKnight was a lion header and Magiranger had a lion too, so that makes five years in row.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
And, even more important, MAD GALLANT! Now we just need that Juspion cameo.

Well apparently despite saying vs. Gavan, it will feature the other space sheriffs (since we see the respective females for Episode Zero). Who knows? Maybe they'd extend it to Juspion. Though I know his actor isn't an actor anymore for a long time.

Apparently they're planning Space Squad: Dekaranger vs Gavan to be Toei's "Avengers".

Tiu Neo

Crane Joe has been a reliable source in the past and the conference were retailers got to look at the toy catalog was yesterday so the information is out there.

And it's hardly the first time they repeat animals. Gaoranger and Hurricanger both had lions and Gao's eagle and Hurri's hawk weren't that different. Gekiranger, Go-Onger and Shinkenger had lions three times in a row.
Edit: I forgot Goseiger, GoseiKnight was a lion header and Magiranger had a lion too, so that makes five years in row.

Hm, true, and it was just a case of switched colors, like in this. The other rumor was from a different source, so this could be true.

Interesting color combination too. Either we get a new female combination (and possibly color), or a core team with only one female again (I hope not, but eh).

Well apparently despite saying vs. Gavan, it will feature the other space sheriffs (since we see the respective females for Episode Zero). Who knows? Maybe they'd extend it to Juspion. Though I know his actor isn't an actor anymore for a long time.

Apparently they're planning Space Squad: Dekaranger vs Gavan to be Toei's "Avengers".

Yeah, he's a diving instructor right now. But that doesn't mean we can't get a new Juspion!

And Toei's Avenger sounds like a cool idea.

Pluto

Interesting color combination too. Either we get a new female combination (and possibly color, or a core team with only one female again (I hope not, but eh).
Green has been rumored to be female for some time and the chameleon fits that.
Red will definitely be male and black too, I just can't see a woman getting a bull mecha in sentai ... but Kyoryu Pink got a Triceratops which isn't exactly graceful so who knows.
I hope blue wolf is female because I like female blues and male yellows.

Tiu Neo

Green has been rumored to be female for some time and the chameleon fits that.
Red will definitely be male and black too, I just can't see a woman getting a bull mecha in sentai ... but Kyoryu Pink got a Triceratops which isn't exactly graceful so who knows.
I hope blue wolf is female because I like female blues and male yellows.

I think both Blue/Yellow combination or Female Green (with Chameleon, which fits!) would be so cool.

I saw the rumor, other strange animals too. Scorpion, Snake Charmer, lol. This could be different.

Boss Doggie

That rumor could be false, because apparently we got shit like two reds, Red Planet and Big Sun.

Boss Doggie

I think Crane Joe's extensive toy listings are more believable than someone saying "two reds ...".

true enough I suppose, though the one with two reds (and blue planet, yellow planet, with blue planet being the leader) has a helmet scan

we'll see how it ends though

EDIT: Ah wait, apparently it's just 2ch fooling around

I think both Blue/Yellow combination or Female Green (with Chameleon, which fits!) would be so cool.

I saw the rumor, other strange animals too. Scorpion, Snake Charmer, lol. This could be different.

No kidding. I didn't expect them to do animals again, but it seems they're going weird with some of them.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ex-Aid 8

Compatibility operations? This is right out of the Showa era.
Drago Knight Hunter! Is this Monster Hunter?

Is Ex-Aid's final form going to be Dai Dai Dai Dai Dai Dai Dai Henshin?

Boss Doggie

Yeah it's definitely Monster Hunter. The video game mock up is literally monster hunter except dragons and knights

EDIT oh god Mighty Action Bros XX

c4ZLAd6.jpg

yrIQLPw.jpg

javadoze

The rumors for Kyuuranger sound rather cool. The 9 rangers remind me of Kyoryuger, the Gauntlet Changer sounds like a really cool idea, and the supposed plot reminds me a lot of classic Sentai that involved space or aliens in some way. With the right head writer, everything seems it could hold some promise
(inb4 Takuro Fukuda or Kento Shimoyama is confirmed to be head writer for Kyuuranger).

Tiu Neo

The rumors for Kyuuranger sound rather cool. The 9 rangers remind me of Kyoryuger, the Gauntlet Changer sounds like a really cool idea, and the supposed plot reminds me a lot of classic Sentai that involved space or aliens in some way. With the right head writer, everything seems it could hold some promise
(inb4 Takuro Fukuda or Kento Shimoyama is confirmed to be head writer for Kyuuranger).

I want it to remind me of Flashman/Changeman/Bioman, but I'm not expecting this to happen.

Tiu Neo

If those are real (and I hope they are), this is a good start.

They do kinda remind me of Ninja Captor, lol.

Here's the logo:

zdKpZZZ.png

Tiu Neo

It would fit, but it would also be unprecedented. Deka x Gavan is for a different age group from the TV show.

Yeah, maybe a future crossover or something like that.

I don't think it would be totally unprecedented, but it would probably be the inverse of what I said: Gavan and Dekarangers showing up at a couple episodes of Kyurangers.

Boss Doggie

they do remind me of gransazers
data-top-gransazer.jpg

shit man what happened to all those 2000's toku that were outside toei and not Ultraman

javadoze

Crane Joe now states there's going to be 42 Kyutama (the collectible for the season).

Bandai doubling-down on the toys again after Zyuohger's performance, I guess.

Boss Doggie

Crane Joe now states there's going to be 42 Kyutama (the collectible for the season).

Bandai doubling-down on the toys again after Zyuohger's performance, I guess.

so the kyutama are gonna be like the spheres from hurricaneger/ninja storm I assume

I remember subbing the first Gransazers for TV-Nihon. Those were the days.

was it part of the network that had ryukendo

Tiu Neo

Wait, everything is looking good? The robot looks nice (but the ultimate form will either be a mess or will not use all the tamas at all).

I didn't expect that at all.

I hope it's not another Ninninger, where everything looks good, but the content is... eh.

My biggest fear here is the member overload. If the nine are part of the core, they could either get creative (episodes focused on sub-teams, more shared focus), or some members would probably be more like extra members (ala Kyoryu Cyan, Violet, Gray and Silver).

I like how the poses show a bit of their different personalities. Oh, and Green IS a girl!

Boss Doggie

The mecha looks weird tho, like from blocks we go spheres.

Core members are 1 (lion) 3 (wolf) 5 (bull) 7 (chameleon) 9 (swordfish)

Boss Doggie

so what will be tokugaf 2017's OT?

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Space Invaders
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Nine Riders, Nine Rangers
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| =Press Start= Rangers IN SPACE!

so what will be tokugaf 2017's OT?

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Space Invaders
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Nine Riders, Nine Rangers
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| =Press Start= Rangers IN SPACE!

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Press A for Space Invaders
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Like a bit of 80's in your Mass Effect?
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| We are all Stars now
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Uchu Kita Times 9
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| A New Player has joined: Kyuuranger17

Kyuuranger costumes are looking good...but that doesn't bode well with the recent pattern.

Boss Doggie

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Too many balls 9/10
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Space Channel 9
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Nintendo Space World
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Doctorate in Space Travel

oh yeah the official romanization is Kyuranger with the english title looking like a video game logo lol

Top Bottom