• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Judging by the bigger scans, it seems like this Gashat is like Kachidoki -> Kiwami.

I did not expect them to go that direction. Guess that makes his final form another Cast-Off-style upgrade.

Snipe and Brave share the same Level-50 game
? Huh.

yeah it's same as Paradox's,
Kiriya
got the shaft

ALSO KAMEN RIDER GENM YOUTUBE SERIES

Boss Doggie

Kyuranger's synopsis is that Earth has been taken over and 9 aliens from 9 planets must work together to free Earth.

Tenumi

Banned
flyer

PGVufHi.jpg

Kyuranger's synopsis is that Earth has been taken over and 9 aliens from 9 planets must work together to free Earth.

With the wings on Pink and the extra bulk on Black (and maybe Blue), I can certainly believe that.

jwk94

Kyurangers look amazing. Praying this and the PR adaptation are good.

New on the Dino Super Charge Christmas special: it takes place AFTER the finale! And we might get a Ninja Steel trailer.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The Dino Super Charge Christmas special taking place after the finale is a surprise. I won't get my hopes up that they address some of the insanity but I would like a little more closure.

A Ninja Steel trailer would be nice.

vareon

This is one of the rare feeling where I'm hyped for the next Sentai season but I don't want the current season to end yet.

NeonZ

The most interesting bit here is that they're adding chest armor to the base suits, which is a huge break from tradition (there are even some fully armored ones too, like Gold and Black, but they don't seem to be the standard).

WillyFive

The most interesting bit here is that they're adding chest armor to the base suits, which is a huge break from tradition (there are even some fully armored ones too, like Gold and Black, but they don't seem to be the standard).

Seems like they compensated hard for the criticism of the Zyohger T-shirts.

I'm just absolutely astounded that they are going to this length to make the designs so unique this year. Even if the show ends up crap, this first impression really impressed me, and I haven't been impressed by a Sentai design in years.

WillyFive

Sentai tends to get really experimental after an anniversary series

Yep, just from the last few, we got:

*Leather suits, real time morphs, and a new formula for mech fights in Go-Busters.
*Villains as colored heroes, female green, and unique colors for sixths in Gekiranger
*Two different dueling Sentai in one show, and mechanical helmets with Hurricanger.
*Sixth Rangers from Zyuranger

Tiu Neo

So, they're aliens saving earth? Yeah, a Gokaiger crossover would fit, even if we just got one.

You know what else would fit? Flashman crossover with closure for their story.
Unfortunately, that ship probably has sailed years ago :(

And yeah, I love how unique each member design is. I heard some people comparing the suits to Chinese knockoffs, and I can see where they get that from, but this is one thing some Chinese knockoffs did better: More elaborated, unique suits.

Boss Doggie

I really hope that they play up the alien aspect, like not everyone is human or human "alien"

like make Ookami Blue the Doggie-lite or have Taurus Black or Tenrin Orange the new J

Tiu Neo

I really hope that they play up the alien aspect, like not everyone is human or human "alien"

like make Ookami Blue the Doggie-lite or have Taurus Black or Tenrin Orange the new J

I'm expecting, at best, something like Zyuohger - Alien forms that are not used that much, and then human forms.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I've been trying to think of why this series seems so familiar and I figured it out. It reminds me of that Chinese sentai space saver deleter.

Boss Doggie

I'm expecting, at best, something like Zyuohger - Alien forms that are not used that much, and then human forms.

but the premise makes it sound like they would barely be on earth though

I've been trying to think of why this series seems so familiar and I figured it out. It reminds me of that Chinese sentai space saver deleter.

I70IG7e.png

huh, you're right, it does give me those vibes, their theme is horoscope constellations?

NeonZ

I'm pretty sure they'll have some excuse, like the villains moving their base to Earth for some reason. I doubt they're about to completely dump Sentai's Earth based setting. It would be cool though if we actually get a space faring Sentai.

Tiu Neo

I'm sure they'll have some reason, either for them to stay on earth, or in their human forms.

A couple non-humans? Sure, we got J and Doggie. But a whole team? That wouldn't work for the aspiring actors who are trying to use sentai to start their careers :p

Ex-Aid 9

(Opening: So, Takeru will die again? Not surprising.)

Hm, the guy who saved Emu is CR's boss? I hope this has something to do with him being a special snowflake. At least what I said last week looks more likely, with the operation looking like something simple, it could be that Emu was one of the first Bugster victims, maybe patient zero, bugster resistance or something like that - and that's why he does have antibodies.

The rider conflicts keep getting better and better, there are no allies here, lol. Even Emu is an asshole to the others here.

WillyFive

The fact that is a TV show means this will not happen. They can't afford to green screen every episode; they will only be able to film on location in Japan in the same six or so locations they use for every TV show, so it's going to take place almost entirely on Earth.

Jaeger

Years ago I sketched out various Sentai themes, the ones I remember off top were;

Japanese Folklore Monsters (Oni, Tengu, Kappa, etc)
Various natural disasters (Earthquake, Hurricane, Tornados, etc)
And another was... you guessed it, Constellations. Needless to say I am excited about Kyuranger. I have not been this excited about a Sentai in YEARS.

Pluto

The fact that is a TV show means this will not happen. They can't afford to green screen every episode; they will only be able to film on location in Japan in the same six or so locations they use for every TV show, so it's going to take place almost entirely on Earth.
They can do what Power Rangers in space did, throw a color filter on the footage and pretend it's an alien world or put rubber suits on a western (or in their case edo) set. Having scenes in space doesn't have to be expensive if you're okay with suspiciously earth looking alien environments. Stargate did 10 seasons with the same 28 pine trees standing in for dozens of alien worlds.

Although I agree that the majority of the action will take place in earth, if bad guys have taken over it would make sense if the majority of battles take place on earth, that's where the Kyrangers enemies live.

Boss Doggie

Nah not green screen, more like either frequent set scene (like say, their home base, which I assume is a starship) or just filter over a regular shot of say, the quarry (I think they did this before).

it wouldn't be too different from what we had anyway, since most of the time we see on-live locations are fights right

Years ago I sketched out various Sentai themes, the ones I remember off top were;

Japanese Folklore Monsters (Oni, Tengu, Kappa, etc)
Various natural disasters (Earthquake, Hurricane, Tornados, etc)
And another was... you guessed it, Constellations. Needless to say I am excited about Kyuranger. I have not been this excited about a Sentai in YEARS.

That is very interesting.

Jaeger

I think I'm gonna do something I've never done before. I'm going to attempt to collect every bit of merchandise related to this series.

Blasters morphers keychains whatever.

Boss Doggie

and nah not everyone is gonna be full alien, maybe a token alien or two. three!

hope the season won't disappoint though! Then again most post-celebration seasons have been good!

Top Bottom