• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Man, poor Kiriya

Kusaka Cometh 38

Well shit, I never expected Zyuland to be this hardcore. Though at least the guy is not Yamato's father, so bird guy being Yamato's dad can still hold water!

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 38

Surprise surprise, Zyuland is a corrupt hellhole that covered up a human's death and possibly many many many others. We'll see if the diplomatic route works or they'll just overthrow the government.

Great action scenes this week.

Next week:
Oh hey Akira Date, good to see you ag- what the fuck is going on with their bodies?!

Tiu Neo

Whoa, I was so busy this weekend that I almost forgot about Orb's new episode.

Orb 20

Juggles focus! With his own story, finally. But wait,
so Juggler is also an Ultra? Or Gai was just someone chosen to host an Ultra? How does it work?

I like where this is going. Funny episode too, with all the misunderstandings. The MOTW wasn't even evil, just didn't share the same views as Orb =\

"Hey, the character that's always in the middle of all trouble just screamed at the phone and dropped the call. It's probably nothing". Heh.
Also, "What you are doing is wonderful, but haven't you noticed the evil that lurks, and it would be probably easier to overcome if you knew about it? Oh, forget about it, got something else to do, and I'll probably never tell you about it."
And then, the guys following the saucer the whole episode.

Oh, Juggler, your magnificent bastard.

Zyuohger 38

Those horse mask zyumen, lol. Well, that's a way to save a bit of the budget?

I liked the Bird revelation, didn't expect something like that at this point. Hope it's not forgotten at the end.

Funny how those silly, stereotyped monsters are actually the hardest Deathgallien to beat, up to now, lol.

Next is a Sera focus, nice! I felt she's the one that got less focus, up to now, even if she had the same amount of pair focus episodes as the others.

Tiu Neo

Can we agree that Juggler is one of the best Ultraman villains in the past decade or so?

Can't really compare to the other Ultraman series, but I'd say he's one of the best toku villains in the past decade, easily.

EDIT:

Eh, since I don't really want to double post...

Ex-Aid 07

So, stage change is a teleport now? That Level 1 -> 3 transition, heh. I really like how this series does things like that, or that Poppy going to the real world scene. They are using the theme well. Some nice camera work and actions on this episode, too.

And Kiriya's thing is lying either to protect someone, or sometimes to hide his feelings? Again, using and explaining the character's way of being in a nice way.

That enemy plot, lol. Well done.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ex-Aid 7

Poor Kiriya. Even if he brought it on himself with all his lying, that didn't end well for him. Wonder what his endgame is.

Ex-Aid is getting better and better.

Boss Doggie

looks like we got confirmation of Haruto, Shinnosuke and even Kouta's actors being in the movie, even if for a short while

and man, Haruto looks weird

Bl2FJqI.jpg

vareon

Movie's out in two weeks and they're announcing this now instead of hyping it from the start. I guess it's just for some brief scene of them probably transforming. Hopefully on one scene cause that's gonna be wild,but I'm not holding my breath.

Boss Doggie

Movie's out in two weeks and they're announcing this now instead of hyping it from the start. I guess it's just for some brief scene of them probably transforming. Hopefully on one scene cause that's gonna be wild,but I'm not holding my breath.

they confirmed they only appear for a short scene live, but at least they get to voice the riders still

Beast even reprises his role even though he's just a voice

Boss Doggie

Onari has his hair growing back!

Also I really hope Kouta's actor could get back. He was apparently unable to join the photoshoot.

Tiu Neo

Hey, seeing Tomari reminded me... Weren't the Kamen Rider Drive Saga movies supposed to be released this month? I hope someones subs them.

Slayven

What are the chances Asuna will be a rider? Been a while sense we had a female rider that wasn't just a bootleg version of another rider.

same chance they explain her backstory and it will be interesting.

I bet she is the sister of Genm who was patient zero, and he turned her digital to save her

I kinda of expect them to do something like that. They would have to explain why she is digital later on in the story one way or another.

vareon

What are the chances Asuna will be a rider? Been a while sense we had a female rider that wasn't just a bootleg version of another rider.

From 1-100 scale I'd say the chance is "lol".

it's even more genius if the name is true

Emu = M
Ell = L

Last time that happened Kanzaki went nuts. Wait...

They need to show more of M the gamer than Emu the doctor. His M persona has been relegated to explaining game titles and smiling before henshin.

We will get a
split version of Ex-aid
though...

Boss Doggie

Just like Wario, M is upsidedown W!

Also looks like Kouta's actor really wasn't able to squeeze in, he is unavailable live but will provide voice in the film, and Mighty Brothers XX is already in the film so I guess by the time it comes out, it has already debuted in the show

Tiu Neo

Well, Ex-Aid has good potential. If it keeps being this good, it'll probably be one of the best series easily.

And Asuna being a Rider? Wouldn't bet on that. At least her transformed form is not as irritating as I expected it to be after the first few episodes.

Boss Doggie

by the way scans are out

Dat drago suit and Brothers XX suit, no show of Zombie Genm and Paradox tho

I don't see Asuna getting becoming a Rider, though I will admit, it's a possibility due to the belts seemingly being Mass Producable. Or she could get a Bugster Driver.

Y'all got my hopes up during Drive and look what happened there. And Kiriko showed more character by this point than Asuna did.

But, then again, we're still only 7 episodes in. Maybe she'll have her own subplot down the line after we get the main Riders' origins.

Mr-Joker

Banned
it's even more genius if the name is true

Emu = M
Ell = L

So Emu is Mario, Ell is Luigi and black Mighty is Wario.

They need to show more of M the gamer than Emu the doctor. His M persona has been relegated to explaining game titles and smiling before henshin.

I dunno after watching the last episode and seeing Emu fight I notices that his personalty seemed to have changed as he was a lot more playful and brash than when he isn't Mighty.

Looks like we have both Ultraman and Garo news.
http://www.jefusion.com/2016/11/new-ultraman-zero-retsuden-series.html
Ultraman franchise owner Tsuburaya Productions has announced that they will be airing a new program that will succeed their Shin Ultraman Retsuden series plus an upcoming Ultraman Orb spin-off series.

Entitled Ultraman Zero The Chronicles, which will premiere in January 7, 2017. This new series will air all the movies and specials that he has starred and appeared with Mamoru Hiyano, again, lending his voice acting talent as Ultraman Zero who will navigate the series. The list of movies and specials can be seen below:

2009 Mega Monster Battle: Ultra Galaxy
2010 Ultra Galaxy Gaiden: Ultraman Zero VS Darklops Zero
2010 Ultraman Zero the Movie: Revenge of Belial
2011 Ultraman Zero Gaiden: Killer The Beatstar
2012 Ultraman Saga
2012 Ultra Zero Fight
2015 ultraman Ginga S The Movie: Showdown! The 10 Ultra Warriors!

And that's not all, after each episode ends just like Ultra Zero Fight and Ultra Fight Victory, a new mini series will follow entitled Ultra Fight Orb that will also run with Amazon Prime Video's Ultraman Orb.

http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news/2016-11-24/garo-project-gets-new-tv-anime-series/.109147

The "Kinrō Appreciation Festival" event in Tokyo on Wednesday for the Garo franchise announced that a new television anime series in the franchise has been green-lit. The event also announced a film in the Ryūga Dōgai live-action series titled Garo: Kaminokiba, and a film in the Raiga Saejima live-action series titled Garo: Yuena no Tabibito.

Additionally, the event revealed that the live-action series Zero: Dragon Blood (pictured at right) will premiere on TV Tokyo and its affiliated networks on January 6 at 25:23 (effectively January 7 at 1:23 a.m.).

The Garo the Animation and Garo: Crimson Moon television anime aired in 2014 and 2015, respectively, and FUNimation Entertainment streamed both series. Funimation released the first series on home video this year. Garo: Divine Flame, a film sequel to Garo the Animation, opened in Japan in May.

Section 23's Kraken Releasing brand announced last month that it has licensed the original live-action Garo series and plans to release it in 2017. The company also plans to release other installments in the Garo franchise. The first 25-episode series premiered on October 7, 2005 and has spawned multiple live-action films and television series.

WarRock

87% on netmovies/her own show thingie. -218% on the actual rider show.

Gatchaman Crowds 37
Of course the villains could fly as soon as both birds teamed up just so we could get flashy chases and team attacks. I love this season.

Between the lies and lies the coroner is lost 7
First time I cared for the victim of the week, don't even know why. Anyway, this episode made me notice I'm somewhat mad about Ex-Aid. The visual effects are great, the context for the Rider powers are cool and the fights decent. It's actually the most stylish toku I've ever seen. But the rider suits are so ugly and not stylish at all! Fuck, Toei, why do you do that.

At least the Chanbara monster was really great looking, with the subdued BW colors and the masks around his shoulders.

Between the lies and lies the coroner is lost 7
First time I cared for the victim of the week, don't even know why. Anyway, this episode made me notice I'm somewhat mad about Ex-Aid. The visual effects are great, the context for the Rider powers are cool and the fights decent. It's actually the most stylish toku I've ever seen. But the rider suits are so ugly and not stylish at all! Fuck, Toei, why do you do that.

At least the Chanbara monster was really great looking, with the subdued BW colors and the masks around his shoulders.

I actually like how bizarre and eccentric the rider suits are. However, Lazer's Level 3 is way to bulky. He could have gotten a regular suit like the other 4. He looks like an impractical mid season upgrade.

Tiu Neo

Orb 21

Gai doesn't even hide he's somehow involved in all this, heh. And yet, Jetta doesn't suspect he's Orb.

Nice, emotional episode. This was really well done.
I'm just not sure if it's a good idea to let the girl without memories to travel alone, even if she's an alien or artificial lifeform or whatever.

Didn't really expect him to use the Zoffy/Belial form after he got his own form back.

Next week's kaiju, lol.

Top Bottom