• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Tiu Neo

Orb 22

I like how casual they are about UFOs leaving earth, at this point, lol.

What a curious setting. Nice way of fleshing out the world, too.

Is this a setting from a previous Ultra series? It sounds like the owner is an old villain or something like that.

The guy's commentary on Kaiju and how simple is the best, lol.

I'm confused, but I still, I think this is one of the best episodes thanks in good part to the owner.

javadoze

Wow. These extra shots of the suits and toys are really selling the show to me. I even love how the "pants" of the suit have these extra silver rings for the guys.

so what will be tokugaf 2017's OT?

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Space Invaders
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Nine Riders, Nine Rangers
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| =Press Start= Rangers IN SPACE!

TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Too many balls 9/10
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Space Channel 9
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Nintendo Space World
TokuGAF 2017 |OT| Doctorate in Space Travel

oh yeah the official romanization is Kyuranger with the english title looking like a video game logo lol

These are all pretty great, but Space Invaders or Space Channel 9 has my pick.

Tiu Neo

I like Space Invaders more, but Space Channel 9 is pretty great, yeah.

I wonder if the Kyurangers will have a 6th (or in this case, 10th, lol) member. Probably not. Maybe an extra hero.

WillyFive

I wonder if the Kyurangers will have a 6th (or in this case, 10th, lol) member. Probably not. Maybe an extra hero.

They need to do something for the 2nd quarter toys; the sixth ranger (or equivalent) is usually the thing they bring out for that season.

One thing they could do is upgrade everyone to a new form, just like Gaim did in it's 2nd quarter.

javadoze

At this point, I wouldn't mind if they had the twist of an evil Kyuranger. Anything to avoid the typical 12th or 18th episode ranger debut.

delSai

Yeah it looks like trash, was hoping it would turn out to be alright but it doesnt seem that way.

Whens Climax Heroes EXtreme tho. Its time for a new CH.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
RTA ExAid 09 is up.

FUCKING SHIT THIS IS SO MUCH PLOOOOT! I am really reminded of Gaim's continuous plot related episodes.

Tiu Neo

Well, finally...

Kamen Rider Heart

A lot of fun scenes, I liked this. It was unexpected, but pairing Heart with Gen was a great idea.

The first henshin too, it's almost how Gen imagine how Drive was before everyone knew, lol. The Kamen Rider Heart suit is kinda messy, but it's actually better in action than it was on the scans.

Kamen Rider Mach

Completely different tone, hah. I guess this represents both sides of the series.

So, Chase came back as a memory, but didn't resurrect. Mach got some closure. And we even had a W-Style henshin with one of the "halves" passing out, lol.

Was there anything else with Kannou/Real Chase? This movie makes it look like we are supposed to know his name and everything, but he only got one scene in the series.

Cute ending. Kinda sad we'll never see anything officially Drive anymore, but that was a nice way to wrap it up.

---

I liked Heart a bit more, but both are good. I'll probably watch again, if we do live commentary on Discord.

Well, finally...

Kamen Rider Heart

A lot of fun scenes, I liked this. It was unexpected, but pairing Heart with Gen was a great idea.

The first henshin too, it's almost how Gen imagine how Drive was before everyone knew, lol. The Kamen Rider Heart suit is kinda messy, but it's actually better in action than it was on the scans.

Kamen Rider Mach

Completely different tone, hah. I guess this represents both sides of the series.

So, Chase came back as a memory, but didn't resurrect. Mach got some closure. And we even had a W-Style henshin with one of the "halves" passing out, lol.

Was there anything else with Kannou/Real Chase? This movie makes it look like we are supposed to know his name and everything, but he only got one scene in the series.

Cute ending. Kinda sad we'll never see anything officially Drive anymore, but that was a nice way to wrap it up.

---

I liked Heart a bit more, but both are good. I'll probably watch again, if we do live commentary on Discord.

It's planned for this Saturday at 4:00 PM PST.

javadoze

Drive Saga Heart/Mach

Overall, a pretty average v-cinema (or should I say, double-feature of v-cinemas). Heart's half was pretty nice with him doing some out-of-character stuff alongside Gen. I always thought Heart and the roidmudes in general were some villains with huge missed potential. While this doesn't quite fix the big flaw of the show itself, more development for Heart is always better. Both of the Kamen Rider Heart forms are still pretty butt-ugly, though.

Kamen Rider Mach is... well... average. Which is a shame, because they touch upon some interesting aspects of his character they never bothered to mention. Heck, he even TALKS to Kiriko at one point like a sibling. Still, Mach's half of the double feature is also fairly subpar, probably less-interesting than Heart's. The fighting scenes of both were nothing to write home about either.

Finally, the less said about Gou saying this, the better...
Cy2X7pjWIAIwf0_.jpg

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 40

Leo's actor is very... dedicated to his role. Not that good episode, quite filler-ish and not that interesting... until that ending.

Now the villain plot is getting interesting, and next episode's preview looks good.

WillyFive

As bad as the movies are, I like that Transformers movies have gotten to the point where they can adapt the crazier and least mainstream parts of their franchises; gives me hope for one day having a Time Force or SPD movie.

Zyuohger 40

Leo's actor is very... dedicated to his role. Not that good episode, quite filler-ish and not that interesting... until that ending.

Now the villain plot is getting interesting, and next episode's preview looks good.

I'm thinking Shunpei Namba is looking to become a stunt actor, if you look at his twitter, you'll see a few videos of him doing short fight routines with the suit actors.

Tiu Neo

I'm thinking Shunpei Namba is looking to become a stunt actor, if you look at his twitter, you'll see a few videos of him doing short fight routines with the suit actors.

Oh, that explains a lot. He does the whole physical aspect of the character very well, like doing poses, fightings differently and even running on four "legs" sometimes. It really adds to the character.

vareon

Recent scans for Ex-aid.

LMAO Ex-aid Maximum Gamer Level 99 is insane. I had to recheck whether it;s fake or not but it isn't.

Honestly, using Stage Select to explain the insane set changes was genius.

It allows the show to fight in cool locations without having weird story jumps so I'm all for it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
flyer

PGVufHi.jpg

Recent scans for Ex-aid.

LMAO Ex-aid Maximum Gamer Level 99 is insane. I had to recheck whether it;s fake or not but it isn't.

I also didn't understand the other gashat
the one with wheels
. Does it upgrade
Snipe and Brave to level 50?
What about
Lazer
?

I did not expect them to go that direction. Guess that makes his final form another Cast-Off-style upgrade.

Snipe and Brave share the same Level-50 game
? Huh.

Top Bottom