• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

vareon

4FhLJZM.jpg

(from Ryoma Takeuchi's twitter).

Poor Kouta.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Double post because RTA ExAid 8 is out

Fuuuuuuuck.

So the riders got special surgery to be able to transform. Except Emu.
Also I bet despite the jerkassness we see Taiga's "double face" theme
he wants to be the only one to carry the burden of being a Rider

Ex-Aid 8

Continues to deliver. This series is either going to cover a lot of ground, or there is going to be a long ass arc somewhere in the middle because damn. Emu's Genius side better make an appearance because Taiga kicked into their asses.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 39

The monster was secondary to this episode, but still, interesting use of the powers. That was a fun episode. The way they played the tropes a bit, the effects, the team reactions.
AND THAT SCENE WHERE THE GUY "DIES" AND HIS FACES SHOWS UP IN THE SKY, OMG.

I think Sera was one of the least used characters up to now, and normally got the lesser role on her shared focuses, but that was a good episode for her. I guess this kinda counts as the Sera/Amu episode? Every combination had a focus now, impressive.

Kubar experimenting with his new hand, creating plans with his powers. This is getting interesting.

Next episode's monster looks cool. They're getting really weird with the stereotypes, I like that.

WillyFive

From /krg/. This is from that talk show (the guys that always had rider belts)

QFA2zYp.jpg

Looks like the number theory people were almost right, their problem is that they focus solely on the toys

Drive uses the kana (heh, 777/sevenz) and for Ex-Aid they use "emergency"/"first response" which is "kyukyu" (a la kyukyu sentai gogov), kyu = 9.

It always amused me when people said they dropped the number system, despite there being literally no there being no reason for making a car toy that spins 180 degrees into an acute angle, or a toy that opens up to show two orbs on top of one another, or a lock for a theme based on fruit.

Heck, using names as matches for numbers has been a Toei thing since Goranger being five rangers.

Slayven

ANyone catch the continuity errors in Zyuoh 39. One of the civilians from the opening battle walks past Sela at the 12 minute mark, but when it flips to the guy the same civilian is walking past him in the completely opposite direction

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 39

Welp, some Japanese kids just got their inflation fetish awakened. Fuck you deviantArt and Andrew Dobson for telling me that's a thing.

Wonder what Kubar's final plan will be. He's obviously got something cooking. I did appreciate the scene where he tested Bunglay's power, finding the limitations and all that.

ANyone catch the continuity errors in Zyuoh 39. One of the civilians from the opening battle walks past Sela at the 12 minute mark, but when it flips to the guy the same civilian is walking past him in the completely opposite direction
I need to rewatch those scenes again but you might be right.

Boss Doggie

Kamen Rider V3 from The Next, Drago Hunter Ex-Aid, Lv3 Brave, Drago Hunter Brave, and Kamen Rider Heart confirmed in Revolutions.

Tiu Neo

So, that Orb spinoff thing is actually more than it looked like! Twelve episodes, prequel, Gai and Juggler's story.

I hope it's not Prime exclusive worldwide, since we don't have Prime Video here at all.

So, that Orb spinoff thing is actually more than it looked like! Twelve episodes, prequel, Gai and Juggler's story.

I hope it's not Prime exclusive worldwide, since we don't have Prime Video here at all.
From the Tokusatsu Network article they posted said that the Origin Saga will be in both English and German. I would assume it would be available worldwide.

Tiu Neo

From the Tokusatsu Network article they posted said that the Origin Saga will be in both English and German. I would assume it would be available worldwide.

Yes, but they also said it'll be Prime exclusive. There's no Amazon Prime here on Brazil, for example, but we have a few things on Netflix/Crunchyroll that other countries do not.

Tiu Neo

Alpha, what did they do to you?

It's even worse than I expected, and I still don't like the new suits. I wonder what they'll do with Zordon.

All of Ex-Aid's outfits have the most horrific colour schemes. Its beyond bad taste at this point.

At least Snipe still looks respectable.

Still enjoying the show!

Boss Doggie

Thats the powerup everybody can use right?

apparently DKHZ can duplicate itself and so everyone can use it at the same time

also Brave only has the sword, Sniper has the railgun, Lazer has both + wings and legs, Ex-Aid has full version

Also apparently DKHZ has no lv1 music

Looks like some Super Sentai suits for the new show got leak today. I highly doubt they're the final product.
In other news, I got the discord for the tokugaf up. If you want to join in, send me a pm and hopeful you have discord account too.

javadoze

Ex-Aid 8

Oh boy, that revelation in the episode. I can imagine the spring movie Rider Taisen this time.

Rider 1: "Videogames!? You're not worthy of being called a Kamen Rider!"

Ex-Aid: "I got an operation to become one, though."

Rider 1: "COME HERE AND GIVE ME A HUG, SON!"

Zyuohger 39
Pretty meh episode. Kubar stuff happening in the background was intriguing, but they really need to reign things in on the main plot as we're heading into the 40s.

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 8

This week's VotW and solution was Ghost-level meh, but the parallel Rider vs Rider conflicts were good.

And the plot is already at a level that Ghost never really reached, lol.

So, after so many years, Kamen Riders are actually cyborgs again? Or something like that? Cool. And it makes Emu the special snowflake, too (unless he was the first to receive the operation, as a kid.)

Pluto

According to dukemon from rangerboard 9 rangers are confirmed, Crane Joe has begun posting listings for the gashapons.

The rangers are:

Red lion
Blue wolf
Yellow swordfish
Green chameleon
Black bull

Those seem to be the main five because they make the first mecha

Additional rangers are

Pink eagle
Orange scorpion
Gold scales
Silver snake charmer