• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
TRA's ExAid 10 is up.

It's a bit weaker than the first half, but still good and shows how Emu really is deserving of the Genius Gamer.

Has anyone ever noticed that Gingaman-Abaranger all only have one female team member? That's a fairly long time.

to be fair we only had one female from Gorenger to Dynaman, and between those is Sun Vulcan which had no females.

Then we had one female for Turboranger, then back again from Zyuranger up to Kakuranger.

Tiu Neo

Has anyone ever noticed that Gingaman-Abaranger all only have one female team member? That's a fairly long time.

Yep. Maybe something to do with sales at the time? Maybe the girls toys didn't sell enough for Bandai?

Some one female seasons have the problem of two (or more) of the males being too alike, but at least for those seasons (didn't watch Gingaman yet) they didn't fall at that trap.

EDIT:

Orb 23

Great episode, even if the resolution was a bit cliche. A bit more on Gai/Juggler, but it was pretty much what Juggler told last week.

That ending was awesome. And next episode looks great too.

Zynx

Ex-Aid 10:
Playtime's over for Dan, it seems. Wonder if the show's structured like Gaim where shit keeps getting realer with every plot advance? I have high hopes for the show.

javadoze

Zyuohger 41

Finally getting into the endgame. Lots of solid moments this episode, particularly with
Kubar trying to corner Genis with the Zyuohgers and failing spectacularly.
Though Azald and Bard feel like the odd men out in this situation, I'm firmly strapped in to see how the last 7 episodes go.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 41

It took time, but Gennis is finally being a really menacing villain again. He is kinda scary, when he does something. Kinda like La-Deus, in that point, but still in control of the situation.

The whole Kubar plan and setting was really good too, with the Zyuohgers having to form an alliance with him,
thanks to the fake Misao
, and even then failing to defeat Gennis.

If this really is the endgame (and it looks like it is), it'll be either awesome or will drag on forever. Six/Seven episodes? Well, it's a good start, but it'll be weird if there are fillers in the middle. Maybe Zyuland will somehow be involved in this too?

Boss Doggie

I find it weird it was Bard of all people who notices Azald's peculiarity.

If this really is the endgame (and it looks like it is), it'll be either awesome or will drag on forever. Six/Seven episodes? Well, it's a good start, but it'll be weird if there are fillers in the middle. Maybe Zyuland will somehow be involved in this too?

There's a christmas episode after the next one (Zyumen learn the meaning of christmas!) and a two week break (Ex-aid too)

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 41

Did not expect THAT out of Genis. I predicted that Kubar would kill him and he'd take over, much like Dr. Hinelar and the eyeball thing from Megaranger. Been a while since we had a real "holy shit" villain in Sentai.

There's definitely something to Azald if Bard is curious about his body.

Are RTA's Ex-Aid subs good? They must be if /m/ is singing their praises.

Boss Doggie

It's pretty good for speedsubs. Basically it has some grammar quirks here and there and has some translation errors (i.e. Poppy says her favorite genre is rhythm games vs the accurate her favorite game is DoReMiFa Beat) but otherwise is really decent. Unlike TVN vs OT, due to how RTA and Excite release themselves and RTA's general quality, the two synergizes with each other. You can watch RTA then rewatch with Excite.

Boss Doggie

The funny thing is that it's also somewhat of a twist

you'd expect the data was something for say, GIFT 3.0, but nope it's for Genis!

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 10

The story is taking the turn I wanted it to, and it's excellent. Emu's second personality IS something else, not just a kirk. I wonder what the doctor implanted on Emu (or if it was what actually caused his sickness).

This team is pretty interesting too. Even to work together they have to fight between themselves first, lol.

Fun way to make every rider still be important. We know that at in the end, Emu will have all the power ups, but eh.

Next episode looks interesting.

KingDirk

Need to catch up on Ex-Aid, weekend goal.

Does it seem likely that Shout! is going to do Carranger? I watched it a while back and it is my favourite sentai.

BatDan

Need to catch up on Ex-Aid, weekend goal.

Does it seem likely that Shout! is going to do Carranger? I watched it a while back and it is my favourite sentai.

No word yet.
If they announce a streaming marathon of the first 7 episodes of Kakuranger, then we'll likely hear about Carranger there.

WarRock

twUzyUR.jpg

I miss Drive ;_;

Mr-Joker

Banned

WarRock

Sorry for the off topic but I feel the need to vent off this somewhere:
boooy was Rogue One bad. What a poorly written script. Hope this helps Donnie Yen for a second season of Into the Badlands at least.

Tiu Neo

Sorry for the off topic but I feel the need to vent off this somewhere:
boooy was Rogue One bad. What a poorly written script. Hope this helps Donnie Yen for a second season of Into the Badlands at least.

Hm, I'm seeing a lot of opinions on both sides. I kinda expected it to be a mess after it was delayed, but quite a few people are loving it too.

Well, I'll see it when it's out in bluray/digital

Boss Doggie

RTA subs for ExAid11 is out, holy shit!

18xgz9b.jpg

Glad Kiriya is finally getting the respect and props, and we've reached another plot high! That hilarious Christmas ep though, next week's gonna be fu-

7BMIse9.jpg

shit

Tiu Neo

Orb 24

Weird things are really normal on Ultraman-Tokyo. Hahaha, the old lady and SSP scene.

Final boss is every previous monster merged up? Appropriate.

Damn, Juggler.
Didn't expect him to pull a Sephiroth at the end, but it was cool. Dunno if she'll continue being dead, but that was a strong ending.

Zynx

Ex-aid is so good. Dan's real(?) motivation is out and makes a lot of sense, and his plans progress despite never winning a fight against the riders. Probably not the biggest baddie though.

Ex-aid catching the gashat and staring at it while everyone else exclaiming that Genm's rider gauge is empty though. Really looking forwards to the next plot arc.

So much nicer not being restricted to 2-episode plotless arcs too.

WarRock

And I thought this joke wouldn't make me laugh.

Didn't know someone else was doing Ex-Aid. Is it preferable over Excite?
It's a single guy doing speed subs. Surprisingly good since he has no QCer, but I prefer Excite's:

It's pretty good for speedsubs. Basically it has some grammar quirks here and there and has some translation errors (i.e. Poppy says her favorite genre is rhythm games vs the accurate her favorite game is DoReMiFa Beat) but otherwise is really decent. Unlike TVN vs OT, due to how RTA and Excite release themselves and RTA's general quality, the two synergizes with each other. You can watch RTA then rewatch with Excite.

Ex-Aid 6
Watched both subs. RTA's are impressive and really well done, but I'll keep waiting for Excite. Theirs are more polished and natural sounding. A couple of things though, I prefer RTA font choices and the Dragon Quest reference when Hiiro activates the ice sword.

Ban from Dekaranger went through a lot of different looks throughout the years. I wonder if he is the only Sentai Ranger to have that many changes in post-show appearances?

WarRock

Zyuohger 42
And Kubar bites the dust. Didn't expect Yamato's father to appear so casually, thought we would get a "oh he's been missing for 15 years" sorta deal. Between that setup, crossing legs Genis, Misato getting solid development (and the first apparition of his Zyumen since... episodes 30ish?), and the Azald setup, Zyuoh's final stretch is some EXCITING stuff, if you catch my drift.

(And I can't get over how Champion of the World and Champion of the Champions sounds)

BatDan

Zyuohger 42

A cockpit roll call! That was too good. I guess having all four Megazords in a fight is an annual tradition now. Unless they do a season where they don't have that many (HA!)

Man, Kubar went crazy. That is the ultimate despair, complete giving up on life.

Naoki Kunishima (Misao) was really good this episode, the genuine fear when he tried to grab his flashlight morpher felt real.

Christmas time next week!

Sandfox

It seems as though we will be getting a new Kamen RIder Girls song as an insert for Ex-Aid. This is interesting because Ghost didn't have any insert songs at all.

Top Bottom