• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Xisiqomelir

I'm so happy that I'm co-watching Garo and Faiz.

Are there any other happy cast sharing shows from the 70s? Love seeing the actors in different alignments.

javadoze

Took them 8 years, but they're finally selling the New Den-O belt.
I'm just a sucker for the Strike Form Jingle.

Zyuohger 42

Quite the sendoff for Kubar.
I really dig how he pretty much breaks down and goes on a destructive rampage in the futile hope of being forgiven by Genis. Probably the most fitting end for his character.
Both Misao and Yamato here were pretty good. We even got the in-mech rollcall complete with the theme song. Bard still feels awkwardly tacked on here (hope that changes).

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 42

Good to see them fleshing out the villains a bit more. Genis and Kubar was already interesting, but now Azald also has something interesting about him. It took some time, but the Deathgalliens are finally good, interesting villains. Kubar going crazy was a great way to send him off. That in-robot roll call was great, too.

Misao development was also good. The Zyumans are back!

I didn't expect that situation with Yamato and his father. Uncle Mario was excellent in this - and he'll be important next episode too!

Ex-Aid 11

Well, we are already skipping the big monster part, so soon it'll be RIP Level 1.

This series keeps being so good.
Fuck them if they really kill Kiriya, tho.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ex-Aid 11

Yeah, figured they would eventually skip the CGI monster bit. Surprised it wasn't at like Episode 4 or something.

DANGEROUS ZOMBIE

Kuroto played them all. This season is too good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
nah they'll still need LV1, I think mighty bros has a lv1 form

not to mention
the next upgrade is essentially the lv1 form of the final form

Boss Doggie

new scans

as usual Kyuranger will appear in the crossover, and it's EVERYONE! so none of that "we start at five" stuff. But we got more finer details like only some characters have the lips (Gold and Black doesn't seem to have it - well Black has the visor covering his mouth). Wolf Blue has claws for boots and hands too, and the visor goes to the sides to give him wolf ears. No clear look at his face if he has lips or :3 mouth.

Oh dear Ex-Aid,
Kiriya dead confirmed since Zombie Genm uses his weapon on Brave
and we get to see Paradox
who is Pallad
in action, though it seems he has no transformation device beside the Dual Gashat as it seems to rest on the side of his belt

Slayven

Yeah, I know, but sometimes PR changes things a lot. Probably not this time.

I think Gien was a bit more tragic, a bit more well made, but Kubar's development was good too, and yeah, a bit similar.

Time Force was damn near copy and paste of TIme Ranger.

NeonZ

Not compared to how much SPD was copied from Deka or Samurai from Shinkenger.

I'd say SPD and Time Force are pretty comparable in that sense. You've got an original introductory arc, main villain and final battle, but most of the stuff between them are recycled from the Sentai, aside from the obligatory crossover and Battlizer introduction. SPD had two crossovers against one from TF, and also an original episode leading to the final arc, but TF had the bike's introduction, the time traveling yellow ranger and movie madness which were mostly original too.

Time Force also copied even directional style from the Sentai for the scenes taken straight from it (aside from the high speed blur battles), like camera angles and such, while SPD was mostly original in that aspect. Now, granted, Time Force's original villain was much better than SPD's (and SPD's villain hurt the whole police aspect of the series by often deviating the focus from random aliens criminals with their own motives and goals to the usual destroy monsters sent by evil empire).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
If
Lazer
dies in Ex-Aid
is the bike gonna remain?Like just non-sentient?

javadoze

I could see:
1. Emu will be able to use the gashat to summon the bike
2. We get a a new Lazer
3. The bike never appears again

The last one will probably be it knowing Kamen RIder.

I'm feeling it'll be a combination of 1 and 3. Emu will get the Gashat, but he'll refuse to use it out of respect until he has to or something.

Tiu Neo

Time Force was damn near copy and paste of TIme Ranger.

I don't remember a lot of it, but from the little I do, yeah, I can see that. I kinda remember the villain being cool?

I could see:
1. Emu will be able to use the gashat to summon the bike
2. We get a a new Lazer
3. The bike never appears again

The last one will probably be it knowing Kamen RIder.

That's my bet too, but I'm not so sure. Ex-Aid kinda exceeded all my expectations up to this point, maybe they'll do something with that point too.

Boss Doggie

Another ex-aid scan shows
Lazer is dead but Emu can summon the bike, the bike has no eyes
. So that answers the question.

Also another zyuohger scan! Azald is
the ancient creature Cetas sent to space, is called Azald Legacy

WarRock

Another ex-aid scan shows
Lazer is dead but Emu can summon the bike, the bike has no eyes
. So that answers the question.

GaimCover2.png

THIS IS NO JUSTICE
NO JUSTICE AT ALL

Boss Doggie

More Kyuranger stuff

> red has luck in his side
> orange is a warrior who uses poison
> blue is the space wolf, fierce in battle
> black is a robot wrestler with massive strength
> gold is named "mechaman", a robot who controls machines
> silver is an alien who works with gold, he can paralyze enemies
> green is a ninja who can remain invisible
> pink is a super fast android who doesn't like to lose
> yellow is a chef great with swords

GaimCover2.png

THIS IS NO JUSTICE
NO JUSTICE AT ALL

TATAKAE WA NEVER END

also
Kiriya
is a member of Gekidan Exile, so there's that

Boss Doggie

The announcement by the way has "Aliens! Robos! Beastmen! All join together!"

So with 1 being definitely human to 9 being full suit, how would you rank the probability of the kyuranger to be a suit or actor?

obviously
1 Red
9 Black

Methinks Yellow will also be a full human
Gold, despite being "a machine man" I feel will be mostly human with some make-up or props like a certain Doctor from an 80's Sentai
Orange, Green, and Silver, despite being considered "beastmen", I think they'll be most likely just make up with props. Especially with Gold and Silver being shipper fodder.
Hell even though Blue screams "dress me up as Doggie lite", there's still a wide chance that he'd be a make up with props too.
Pink... you think she'll be a full suit like Colon/Peebo/Wagon, or will she be an actress that is "actually a robot guys!"
Black definitely screams a full suit, especially with being described as a robot, and an obvious different build

NeonZ

My guesses:

Red, Yellow and Green are just the actors. Green's "chameleon" bit might just be her hair style, considering the look of her suit.

Orange, Gold, Silver and Pink are actors with some make up, small props or oddly colored hair strands. Pink is called an "android" rather than "robot", so I think she'll be different from Black.

Blue is a fursuit. His fur is even visible in the Ranger form. He might have a human form in addition to the suit, but I doubt it, in order to reduce the main cast.

Black remains transformed all the time since he's a "robot".

Mr-Joker

Banned
Man the later episode of Ex-aid have been getting good.

Gonna miss Lazor though when he dies. :(

I am so glad that I decided to keep sticking with Super Sentai and give Zyuohger a chance, I have been really enjoying it.

Top Bottom