• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
What.

This is every space thing ever crossoverr?

Well in the main movie, we only see Gavan and Gavan G + their actors and Juspion, but the villain is from Juspion too. We don't know if they'll reveal more. In the Episode Zero which are all female leads, we see Sharivan and Shaider gals join the fun and they are fighting Spielban's recurring villain (who would later become an ally in Spielban). Both will feature also a female villain, looks original but some claim she is based on Benikiba from Jiraiya but I don't see the semblance.

Tiu Neo

Well in the main movie, we only see Gavan and Gavan G + their actors and Juspion, but the villain is from Juspion too. We don't know if they'll reveal more. In the Episode Zero which are all female leads, we see Sharivan and Shaider gals join the fun and they are fighting Spielban's recurring villain (who would later become an ally in Spielban). Both will feature also a female villain, looks original but some claim she is based on Benikiba from Jiraiya but I don't see the semblance.

...wat.

Maybe we'll see Diana Lady too? Even Helen Lady form, later?

Tiu Neo

Orb 25

Naomi
being still alive because Juggler let her live was kind of a cop-out, but eh, better than POWER OF FRIENDSHIP/LOVE/BELIEVING.
Then they went and used that anyway, of course.

Not that much of a surprise, but Juggler
isn't that bad after all. I kinda want to see the spin-off series with him and Gai's origins.

Best moment:

BtpjvTo.png

Also, Shibukawa is actually important? Didn't expect that, haha.

That was a good ending, for a very good series. It's my first Ultra in years, so I can't really compare it with other series, but I'll probably watch any new series that come up after that, and maybe even some older series, someday.

vareon

Zombie Genm might be the best designed Toku suit in a long time.

For real. It's the only suit in Ex-aid that doesn't look like a bunch of toys mashed up together, too.

Edit: Damn, Ex-Aid.
I guess that's one way of removing bike sequences!

Boss Doggie

Kiriya's death
is hitting big in twitter and apparently even caused a shitstorm on multiple levels, one particular because the Toei PR guy referenced a line in Grave of the Fireflies which alludes to nuclear bombing survivors.

Boss Doggie

So we got actor scans

Blue, Black, Pink and Gold are suits
the others are actors, though I feel Silver and Green will have make up

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid 12

That was fast. Good job from Excite.

The first parte part was really funny. Even Poppi was kinda funny here. The revelation she was a bugster (and everyone already knowing that) was great, in an anti-climatic way. I wonder if this will be something more.

The story is progressing fast and in an interesting way.

Then, that second part. FFS, Toei, you don't
kill the best character on the christmas day :(

NeonZ

False rumor.

http://www.cinematoday.jp/page/N0088564

The actual writer is Mori Nobuhiro. Secondary writer for OOO, Go-Busters, Gaim and Ghost. He also wrote the Gaim x Wizard movie, Kamen Rider Baron's and Kamen Rider Knuckle's V-Cinemas and the Kamen Rider 4 mini series.

This is his first work as the main writer of a tv show.

I just went on the Tokusatsu Network and saw the cast for the new sentai and the non-human rangers look great. I really dig that they are going all out with this new series.

vareon

Masato Hisa (Nobunagun, Area 51) is the suit designer. The official art is super baller and I really wish there's a hi-res version available.

IfO3Azy.jpg

WillyFive

is carranger any good?

Also where do you watch it subbed.

Carranger is fantastic. It takes the most weird and ridiculous aspects of Sentai and revels in it in a super witty and surreal experience.

Hopefully it gets released to DVD next year, but until then HaroRangers has it.

WarRock

@Kyuranger
Oh boy, I wasn't 100% in, but now I am. Great art.

How Toei Stole Christmas 12
Lazer tried to 360 jump kick Zombie out of his finisher. If that isn't the mark of a goddamn badass Kamen Rider, I don't know what is.

Is this the best Ex-Aid episode so far? I think so. Script-wise and toy-advertising-wise everything was so on point. Zombie debut blows everything from Ghost and Ex-Aid out of the water IMO. Drive is safe (so far) thanks to Tridoron Type (and Mach's original debut).

And his design is REALLY great. Better than Eternal, I would say :V

NOW THAT'S SOME NEXT LEVEL ASSHOLE MOVE

it's christmas ffs

vareon

@Kyuranger
Oh boy, I wasn't 100% in, but now I am. Great art.

How Toei Stole Christmas 12
Lazer tried to 360 jump kick Zombie out of his finisher. If that isn't the mark of a goddamn badass Kamen Rider, I don't know what is.

Is this the best Ex-Aid episode so far? I think so. Script-wise and toy-advertising-wise everything was so on point. Zombie debut blows everything from Ghost and Ex-Aid out of the water IMO. Drive is safe (so far) thanks to Tridoron Type (and Mach's original debut).

And his design is REALLY great. Better than Eternal, I would say :V

NOW THAT'S SOME NEXT LEVEL ASSHOLE MOVE

it's christmas ffs

It's great, isn't it? "Oh, this is one of those quirky christmas episodes" and BAM.

Top Bottom