• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

vareon

That wasn't the DoReFaMi Bugster, it was a Collabos Bugster (basically a blank "super" mook with a gashat slot, it gains the gamer armor of whatever gashat is inserted on it)

also I'm digging this concept art

THAT'S THE HIGHER RES thank you for this

Edit: redisplayed for new page. Sorry Doggie!
CBXhS8C.jpg

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ex-Aid

Kamen Rider Chronicles---that seriously makes me think they're gonna use all those Legendary Gashats in the actual show.

Zynx

Damn, Gemn Level 10 is my favorite rider suit so far. Looks really stylish, great colors, menacing, the whole package.

We're also getting so many different forms. Just 12 episodes in, and we have Level 1/2/3 for the 4 riders, Level 3 Gemn, the Level 5's, and now Level 10 Gemn. Depending on how you count the Level 5's, we've got 19 different rider forms already, and even more to come.

Even when last week's previews I was wondering if the show would actually follow through with the implied event in a Christmas episode, and it did. Hurray for not letting special episodes disrupt the story. The Santa tie-in also felt a lot more natural than in other Rider series. I can't believe we're only a quarter of the way into the show. If the story pacing is as good as Gaim, I'll be so happy.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Interesting, the Bugle Driver plays a shorter Lv2/3 music

Heh, BIKE BIKE BIKE GENOCIDE

Ex-Aid

Kamen Rider Chronicles---that seriously makes me think they're gonna use all those Legendary Gashats in the actual show.

isn't there a Genm webseries? They might feature them there.

THAT'S THE HIGHER RES thank you for this

Edit: redisplayed for new page. Sorry Doggie!

from what I heard the suit designer is a manga artist, it explains why they look so different and why they looked so groovy in the concept art. Man look at Ookami Blue for instance - he's so fluffy even in suit mode!

vareon

from what I heard the suit designer is a manga artist, it explains why they look so different and why they looked so groovy in the concept art. Man look at Ookami Blue for instance - he's so fluffy even in suit mode!

Yes, Masato Hisa is a manga artist. I knew his work through Nobunagun--average show but had some really cool and--dare I say it--edgy designs. Hiring a person with this style to design a Super Sentai is incredible.

Tiu Neo

So, it's just five actors after all, plus four in-suit rangers. Zyuohgers was a way of testing the waters for that after all, lol.

...will this beat Kyoryuger's ranger count? It only needs one extra to tie.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ex-Aid 12

Now that's some grade-A Kamen Rider whiplash.
Fun Christmas episode with singing and Santa forms!
Oh... Kiriya's dead now, and Kuroto Dan has a new more powerful form. Fuck...

This season has just been too good.

If it weren't for toy catalogues and Kiriya's actor getting his flowers, I'd have guessed that Kiriya is in some Bugster dimension and would be coming back.

Delio

K i REALLY like Genm's level ten a ton. Looks really deadly and the way he was jerking all around when he transformed was awesome.

Btw does this episode mean Level 5 is pretty much nerfed from it's full power of four player mode. Then going by next episode Emu wont even have much of a reason for using it anymore.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 43

A much more uplifting Christmas episode than Ex-Aid, though considering the circumstances...
About time Mario learned the truth, and next week it looks like he's taking it in stride, in the only way he can.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 43

Another good Christmas episode. Took some time, but uncle Mario finally knows the truth!

Some tips about Azald's past too.

Next episode:
Uncle Mario becomes the first male pink. A worthy successor for Abare Pink!

This reminds me, what the hell is SIC Ex-Aid going to look like?

Given SIC styling, probably pretty strong. I'm pretty happy with how the SIC Gaim turned out, playing up the armor styles of each Rider.

Regardless, that's still two years from now. Still have to get through Ghost too.

I wonder if they will try to incorporate Level 1 in some way.

My guess is it'll be like SIC Kabuto, a shell that you place over the core Rider body.

I'd guess there'll be no SIC version, like Fourze.

Is Ex-Aid's popularity and sales rather low?

NeonZ

Fourze had the 2nd highest merchandising sales for Kamen Rider, only a little behind OOO, the number 1. SIC's staff just didn't think the general style of Fourze's Rider designs would fit well with SIC versions.

Fourze had the 2nd highest merchandising sales for Kamen Rider, only a little behind OOO, the number 1. SIC's staff just didn't think the general style of Fourze's Rider designs would fit well with SIC versions.

Their stated reason was both the design issue and popularity of Fourze, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Found it here:

Speaking of SIC, they plan to skip Fourze series. For one it's because Fourze is not really that popular and other reason is due to the design problem.

Slayven

Given SIC styling, probably pretty strong. I'm pretty happy with how the SIC Gaim turned out, playing up the armor styles of each Rider.

Regardless, that's still two years from now. Still have to get through Ghost too.

My guess is it'll be like SIC Kabuto, a shell that you place over the core Rider body.

No Zector Mizer?

NeonZ

Their stated reason was both the design issue and popularity of Fourze, if I remember correctly.

EDIT: Found it here:

Huh, weird. I guess it might be popularity among hardcore fans?

Here are the merchandising numbers for various seasons up to midway through Drive. I have newer ones too with Ghost from the Bandai financial reports, but they don't have those convenient series breakdowns.

Rider%20Sales%20Numbers_zps1cnxlxal.jpg

Huh, weird. I guess it might be popularity among hardcore fans?

Here are the merchandising numbers for various seasons up to midway through Drive. I have newer ones too with Ghost from the Bandai financial reports, but they don't have those convenient series breakdowns.

Rider%20Sales%20Numbers_zps1cnxlxal.jpg

Hardcore adult fans would make sense. Given those numbers, I'd think they'd skip Drive given sales.

In that case, I'd expect them to skip Ghost too, but the designs lend themselves to SIC. Ex-Aid is a wait and see show. The designs should turn off adult fans, but the story is shaping up rather nicely.

NeonZ

Ghost is getting that Specter/Necrom movie by April. Its sales should tell us how much of a fanbase it has.

javadoze

I sure hope Ghost's crew get SIC designs (seeing as how they were the best parts of that show). Ex-Aid... I dunno. The weird thing is that I can imagine a SIC figure for any other rider in that show except Ex-Aid himself.

Oh wow, that'd be dope. I never knew he came with a shell.

Ex-Aid... I dunno. The weird thing is that I can imagine a SIC figure for any other rider in that show except Ex-Aid himself.

Honestly, Ex Aid is the hardest figure for me to picture. Brave, Snipe, and, especially, DZ Gemn I can easily see in my mind.

vareon

I kinda think SIC is very slow, niche releases that tests the market with one or two products first, then going all in when there's a clear interest. OOO has every Combos released yet they kinda glossed over Wizard. We'll see if Gaim and Drive had interest.

They're much pricier than they used to be, too. I remember Dark Kiva and Ixa were 4700 yen--that's two bodies in one price. Gaim is 8800 yen alone.

I kinda think SIC is very slow, niche releases that tests the market with one or two products first, then going all in when there's a clear interest. OOO has every Combos released yet they kinda glossed over Wizard. We'll see if Gaim and Drive had interest.

They're much pricier than they used to be, too. I remember Dark Kiva and Ixa were 4700 yen--that's two bodies in one price. Gaim is 8800 yen alone.

Gaim they seem to be moving full Steam ahead with. Zangetsu is exclusive and out. Ryugen is the next exclusive release, and Baron is the next release after that.

Drive is out now, Machine Chaser is May. Zangetsu Energy Arms was teased after Machine Chaser.

Gaim is mad expensive, but some earlier releases were cheaper. W Cyclone, Rider 2, and Wizard Flame were my last gets for 5400-6400 yen. No clue why Gaim and Drive are so damned expensive.

vareon

Gaim they seem to be moving full Steam ahead with. Zangetsu is exclusive and out. Ryugen is the next exclusive release, and Baron is the next release after that.

Drive is out now, Machine Chaser is May. Zangetsu Energy Arms was teased after Machine Chaser.

Gaim is mad expensive, but some earlier releases were cheaper. W Cyclone, Rider 2, and Wizard Flame were my last gets for 5400-6400 yen. No clue why Gaim and Drive are so damned expensive.

Yeah, I think Gaim should be a better hit with adults than Drive. We saw prototypes at Tamashii Nations too, which they used to garner interest.

SICs are out of my budget now, I'm just here sitting waiting for SH Figuarts Kiva in 2029.

NeonZ

So, the plot of Shou Super Hero Taisen is confirmed...

A transcendent collaboration born at last!

The Game World launches an attack on the Real World. In front of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid and Uchuu Sentai Kyuranger appears the "Arena of Death" where the destruction of the Earth will be decided.

Trapped in this inescapable dimension, generations of Super Sentai and Kamen Riders must engage in a Battle Royale.
An unprecented battlefield of many puzzles connecting the Real and Game worlds.

And then, "Those Heroes" revive...
Everything is scaled up, all rules are broken! And when it seems like the real world will fall into a disaster, imagination brings forth unimaginable New Heroes!

Cho Super Hero Taisen releases March 25, 2017!

It just makes me think about the upcoming Dragonball Super arc...

Edit: It sounds like the villains will be tied to Ex-Aid itself, rather than Shocker again. Makes me wonder if this will be written by the Ex-Aid writer.

Debirudog

Man, I hope I'm wrong but I have a feeling Kyuranger is going to be the opposite of Ex-aid. Great suits but bland mediocre writing judging from the writer.

Ugh.

WarRock

I'm glad they are throwing the pretense out of the window and making Hero Taisen a straight up tournament/gauntlet with a simple premise instead of trying to create a glamorous and epic mystery to discover why oh why those heroes are trying to murder each other like they didn't have completely different personalities in their own shows.

Tiu Neo

I still have hope for Kyuranger. The setting and characters look good, and there are enough new things for this to be different.

There's a lot of potential, I don't want it to be wasted :(

Top Bottom