• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

WarRock

VtTEQ9l.jpg
So, Kaijumax is a pretty good comic, you guys.

Tizoc

Kaijumax is one of my fav. comic book series of the past 2 years. Great characters, plot and a lot of moving scenes. While I've not watched many Kaiju movies myself I still loved it and all the references.

At any rate, Yoshihiko Ep. 3 was not shy with it's unsubtle-y-ness.

Tiu Neo

If the main mecha can't separate in battle for weird attacks. I will be disappointed

Well, they can mix and match the arms and legs, so that's a possibility?

I hope to be wrong, but even if they do that, it'll be for one episode in the first few, and later the mecha battles will be same old.

Slayven

Well, they can mix and match the arms and legs, so that's a possibility?

I hope to be wrong, but even if they do that, it'll be for one episode in the first few, and later the mecha battles will be same old.

Remember when final attacks had some style?

WarRock

Kaijumax is one of my fav. comic book series of the past 2 years. Great characters, plot and a lot of moving scenes. While I've not watched many Kaiju movies myself I still loved it and all the references.

At any rate, Yoshihiko Ep. 3 was not shy with it's unsubtle-y-ness.
The kaiju lingo is amazing. Took me a few seconds to get why they use Goj instead of God, not to mention all the mecha references. "Don't go all five lions on me", heh.

https://www.amazon.co.jp/dp/B01M1UU9CQ/

I don't know how I missed this earlier, but Zeiram 1+2 is getting a bluray release in Japan coming this February.
I don't know this, but what a gorgeous illustration.

Remember when final attacks had some style?
RIP practical effects.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
to be honest the only mecha finisher I like is Maskman's Galaxy Robo. That flying aura chop is so unique to it, I don't think even Gekiranger had that.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Also the level of puns Para-DX has

DX (deluxe) is used generally as a marketing hype suffix, but it also means "better" as far as its context in gaming is, so essentially Pallad's Rider form is "better", at the same time you could argue it's selling the "DX" version of the multiple Dual Gashats

Para is a medical suffix much like "-aid".

And of course, pronouncing it is "paradox" - a self-contrarian state (maybe because he is both a fighter and a puzzle-solver?)

Tiu Neo

Kyuranger starts Feb. 12, so we have... five more Zyuohger episodes to go, unless Golfgom or their allies have other plans. 48 episodes, pretty much the norm the last few years.

Jaeger

Me too; but modern Kamen Rider has taken their niche on TV and the actual franchise stays on movies nowadays. Their next one is this summer at least, with Gavan vs Dekaranger.

Better than nothing, for sure. It would be awesome though to see an actual modern take on what a Metal Hero show would look like nowadays. With modern design aesthetics (unlike the zero changes done to the 70's era costume design of the movie "rebirth" of Gavan, etc), and modern special effects techniques.

Shit would be amazing.

Tiu Neo

Hm, last series that wasn't a decline in ratings was... Shinkenger, if I remember correctly?

Well, let's hope Kyuranger's uniqueness helps the series, at least to keep it alive for a few more years.

(And yeah, I want another Metal Hero, even if some of the modern KR series do a lot of things like older MH series did. Do something like Amazons, but for a new MH, please, Toei)

WillyFive

Toku on Japanese TV is dying without stopping. Children don't watch on-air TV.

Meanwhile, the genre is flourishing on American TV with The Flash and the Netflix Marvel shows.

The Hentai Kamen movies are weird(not just for the obvious reasons). Yuki from Fourze is in them but she almost never smiles, she always looks sad like Koyomi from Wizard.

Also, Escape from Go-Busters is in the 2nd one in a role she's perfect for, "Fine ass Professor".

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Don't forget about Ultraman too. I think that franchise is growing.

Part of that is Tsuburaya being cool with simulcasting the series on Crunchyroll.

KR and Sentai might have a wider reach if Toei allowed that, but Toei and their IPs are like pulling teeth. It took far too long for Dragon Ball Super to get a simulcast.

Part of that is Tsuburaya being cool with simulcasting the series on Crunchyroll.

KR and Sentai might have a wider reach if Toei allowed that, but Toei and their IPs are like pulling teeth. It took far too long for Dragon Ball Super to get a simulcast.

At least we have the Sentai box sets coming out. I think Toei's deal with Amazon might help them in the long run.

WarRock

The Hentai Kamen movies are weird(not just for the obvious reasons). Yuki from Fourze is in them but she almost never smiles, she always looks sad like Koyomi from Wizard.

Also, Escape from Go-Busters is in the 2nd one in a role she's perfect for, "Fine ass Professor".
Waaaaaaait they made a second one? I loved the first.

vareon

Toku on Japanese TV is dying without stopping. Children don't watch on-air TV.

Meanwhile, the genre is flourishing on American TV with The Flash and the Netflix Marvel shows.

It's not like the number of children in Japan is growing, too. Couple that with the shitload of alternative entertainment they have.

What I would like to see is just an agreement to use the fansubs going forward like how Xseed used the fan translation for some of the Y's games. Not exactly a 1/1 thing here, but it's a nice thought.

That is what I hope they do. I feel like they might talk to the people who made the fansubs for future projects.

Slayven

THose are legit movies?

Top Bottom