• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

javadoze

Grateful looks, good? I feel like it's one step away from looking too silly, but thankfully includes all the eyecons in a not-too-distracting way (that helmet, though).

This is like All Dragon in Wizard. His final will probably be an upgrade of his own soul, like Boost. His ascension into one of the great Heroes.

This makes sense, though I'm sad that his standard "self" eyecon has no reason to be used again (I really loved the black/orange color scheme and how nicely it blended with the parkas).

In before, "his ultimate power is a hug".

WarRock

OOO has the best cast in the franchise bar none. The fact they didn't back step on
Ankh's death
like they did with
Philip
is great too.

NeonZ

Also Ghost x Zyougher crossover incoming.

And one of the scans show Ghost and the Zyouger vs Yamarashiroid from Badan, with the redesign from Showa vs Heisei. I wonder if they'll somehow tie in Badan being the "Kingdom of the Dead" with the Ganma world Hell from Ghost.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
OOO has the best cast in the franchise bar none. The fact they didn't back step on
Ankh's death
like they did with
Philip
is great too.

I kinda wish Hina did more though, but compared to Kanon, Hina was much better.

Also too bad Cakeboss lasted only for OOO.

Boss Doggie

has he done other shows lately?

also is it true Eiji's actor hasn't gone into any other roles and Gotou's actor quit acting?

Zynx

And don't forget:

latest

Are these examples of survivors from super sentai? I'm pretty much only a Kamen Rider watcher so I guess I would have missed these if they are.

WarRock

has he done other shows lately?
He's in Ultraman... Gaia, I think.

And, yeah, Hina ended up not having a good role, but the actress pulled it off anyway. I still think that, all things considered, the character was slightly better written than the usual female sidekick too.

javadoze

Now that it's official, I'd be down for this "Kamen Rider Pokemon". Collect all the Kamen Riders and make them fight.

It'd be like the Invess game from Gaim except more interesting to watch.

That'd be a cool show idea actually. Riders only existing as fictitious characters in a game played by people and the main character being able to don certain aspects of their powers (kinda like Decade, but not quite so).

WillyFive

Now that it's official, I'd be down for this "Kamen Rider Pokemon". Collect all the Kamen Riders and make them fight.

Tried that already with Decade and Kamen Rider Taisen.

The next crossover show should be all about multiple Riders actually working together. Imagine a year-long Legendary Riders show.

WarRock

Remember that rumor about Gaim? Protagonist was an actor at feudal Japan, and each samurai clan was based on a Rider? Each clan leader had a sword (or two) with the respective Rider power, and the protagonist would win some of those?

That was a great idea.

vareon

It'd be like the Invess game from Gaim except more interesting to watch.

That'd be a cool show idea actually. Riders only existing as fictitious characters in a game played by people and the main character being able to don certain aspects of their powers (kinda like Decade, but not quite so).

This takes me back to the really weird pre-Decade rumors, where Decade is a high-schooler Kamen Rider otaku who collects Kamen Rider cards. Retrospectively that might have been a better Decade.

WillyFive

This takes me back to the really weird pre-Decade rumors, where Decade is a high-schooler Kamen Rider otaku who collects Kamen Rider cards. Retrospectively that might have been a better Decade.

That sounds like what would later become Fourze.

WillyFive

Yes. I think one of the early eps touch on that concept, but never got back to it.

Yeah, the earthquake changed the focus of the show a lot to be more about the kids and how they were getting along despite adversity around them. Also, the earthquake inspired more former actors to return to Gokaiger, which is why the pool of returning characters are weighted more near the end of the show than near the beginning.

I wish we had more behind the scenes creative information about the shows than the small tidbits that come out every few years from interviews, the usual merchandise reports, and the constant (and sometimes bogus) rumors that float around. The shows are not made in a vacuum and it's great to learn why parts of the show are the way they are (like the reason Hurricanger has that name is because it sounds phonetically like Harry Potter).

Yeah, the earthquake changed the focus of the show a lot to be more about the kids and how they were getting along despite adversity around them. Also, the earthquake inspired more former actors to return to Gokaiger, which is why the pool of returning characters are weighted more near the end of the show than near the beginning.

That is what I figure. It was quite a surprised to see how many people came back at the end.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
We picked up Cube Kirin today. For 900 yen its pretty cool. Each step of the transformation has this spring effect that feels real good when you do it. Jyuoh toys so far 2 for 2 with the robos. Can't wait for Tiger and Elephant.

Boss Doggie

I wish we had more behind the scenes creative information about the shows than the small tidbits that come out every few years from interviews, the usual merchandise reports, and the constant (and sometimes bogus) rumors that float around. The shows are not made in a vacuum and it's great to learn why parts of the show are the way they are (like the reason Hurricanger has that name is because it sounds phonetically like Harry Potter).

Now I'm curious what the original draft of Gokai was

Boss Doggie

oh god this image is cringey, found it online

rJEXXZ2.jpg

"less pretty" as in flashy subs I guess, but don't they know about encodes?

Boss Doggie

I mean, I don't mind if there are no choices, but there are choices. Better choices.

But I guess there are people who are just new to it.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
The issue with TVN fans is they'd rather watch the subs than the show. They bleat and cry about how they put "SOOOO MUUUUCH EFFORT" into the effects that they don't care how poorly translated or wrong everything is, or the fact that the guy running TVN can barely speak English OR Japanese. I've even mentioned their past in bullying other sub groups but they don't listen.

I'll give TVN one thing, they were honorable enough to remove their Zyuranger and Dairanger subs now that official releases exist.

BatDan

Dino Super Charge 5

Very good episode.
Tyler finally finds his dad, and he's the Aqua Ranger. Very interesting change from Kyoryuger, which only makes me wonder who the Silver Ranger will be
Maybe it will be Torin's counterpart after all?
And we get Carnival, or rather T-Rex Super Charge Mode. I forgot how OP it was in its introduction. Though you'd think Kendall would tell him to put the Charger into Rexy and not his gun, then we could have avoided having Tyler turn into a T-Rex (and I'm surprised they kept this element from Kyoryuger). But at least Tyler reunited with his dad, wrapping up that plot line. Impressive when there's 15 episodes to go (not counting the holiday specials).

DarkWish

Latest Dino Super Charge was disappointing. Lots of things that didn't make sense. And the new ranger debut was pushed aside to sell us toys of the Super Charge Red Ranger. This has been a great season so far, but today's episode was disappointing.

jwk94

Dino Super Charge 5

Very good episode.
Tyler finally finds his dad, and he's the Aqua Ranger. Very interesting change from Kyoryuger, which only makes me wonder who the Silver Ranger will be
Maybe it will be Torin's counterpart after all?
And we get Carnival, or rather T-Rex Super Charge Mode. I forgot how OP it was in its introduction. Though you'd think Kendall would tell him to put the Charger into Rexy and not his gun, then we could have avoided having Tyler turn into a T-Rex (and I'm surprised they kept this element from Kyoryuger). But at least Tyler reunited with his dad, wrapping up that plot line. Impressive when there's 15 episodes to go (not counting the holiday specials).

I gotta aagree with the other dude. This was kinda disappointing. Aqua finally revealing himself was like a side thing to Tyler's Super T-Rex Charger, then we have Rusty AND Tyler's dad saying that Tyler's dad has been a ranger for 10 years? Why hasn't this dude come out earlier? Did he say something about that?

And then there's the issue of Kendall not doing anything now that she has powers. We might has well have given Purple to someone else and then shipped them off to go to school or something rather than having a ranger there not doing anything. Chase's girlfriend probably would've made a better fit.

And then we have the issue of Aqua being held off until now. Why? Why not reveal him in Dino Charge, have him leave to find Silver, then bring him back to help out Tyler? What was so important about keeping him for this? Hell, why didn't that plot go anywhere until now? You only need to watch 3 episodes to get anything from the Tyler missing his father thing. The first episode, last week's and this week's.

BatDan

Huh... those are good points. All I heard was "I was hiding", but why?

Hopefully more info in the next episode.

jwk94

Huh... those are good points. All I heard was "I was hiding", but why?

Hopefully more info in the next episode.

With how little info we've gotten about Keeper and Kendall, I doubt they'll say anything on-screen about why pops hid. Tyler's happy and that's all that matter.

WarRock

Yep, but not in the context of a show. Honestly, a kid who plays Ganbaride becoming his own unique Rider powered by previous Riders? That's easy money for Toei.
Maybe they think it's too much trouble doing that on live action? Or just want to stick closer to the formula, since there is less competition that way?

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
ZyuOh 3

Another fun episode with a surprisingly high budget. I guess all the enemies this season will be blowing shit up, nice change of pace. I like how they're evolving Yamato's Zyu powers (and there isnt even a toy!)

Also, the end of this weeks Ghost o_O

ZyuOh 3

Another fun episode with a surprisingly high budget. I guess all the enemies this season will be blowing shit up, nice change of pace. I like how they're evolving Yamato's Zyu powers (and there isnt even a toy!)

Yeah, I legitimately didn't see that coming, even though I had my suspicions

Slayven

Zyuohger 03
The Deathgaliens are still very brutal.
This week's MOTW flat out blows up cars being driven around several times during the episode
The Deathgaliens give no fucks. This is brutal as fuck
ZyuOh 3

Damn that swerve

BatDan

Kamen Rider ZO

So a small group called Weeaboo Shogun subbed this. It was translated by Sailor Otaku and timed by MegaAnon so I knew it was legit.

Decent movie. Pretty much a 5 episode story arc condensed into 45 minutes. Great creature effects including a freaky looking stop-motion spider. Also a bat. Man, KR loves their Spiders & Bats.

Top Bottom