• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I think they're from a magazine, but there's scans of Gabaride cards showing off the pre-W Legendary Rider Souls---

Necrom Faiz really needs to happen in the actual show.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 03

Poor Yamato. Poor random guy who thought a stone cube was a good gift for his GF, too.

Anyway he's
getting powers too! Eagle's sharp vision! I wonder if him/they'll get powers for their second forms too.

Using the fur suits for stunts is an interesting solution. The robot fight was cool too, good to see them not using a lot of CG for the main robot.

Next: Good to see the first few focus episodes won't be all red + someone.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 3

Still so good. Amu is too cute, and she has some surprising depth despite her shallow interests. Interesting to see a cynical genki girl.
Sounds like Yamato's time as Zyuoh Eagle is causing a bleeding effect, giving him Eagle Eyes. With the first auxiliary Cube found here, it does lend credence to the theory that humans are evolved Zyumans.
Speaking of the auxiliary Cube, this is appropriate.

Dethgaliens are still brutal as fuck. They didn't even pretend all those people died. I have to imagine that if this is adapted, Saban is cutting all of that. This also seems to make up for how low key the past few villains were. Deboss were all about feelings, Shadow Line was all about darkness, and the Yokai were just kind of assholes.
Anyone notice the 8-bit sounding Zyuohger theme? Beating Studio Megaane to the punch.

Next week
boxing! I wonder how the Dethgaliens will show their brutality there

WillyFive

The Linkara Gokaiger video was not as horrific as his previous videos have been, miraculously. He actually had one or two jokes that actually humored me, and he brought up a point that I had when the show originally came out (the Gokai Changes should have been incremental across the show instead of being everywhere). It was also good for him to go back to a scene in Megaforce that is now even more nonsensical now that he saw it's source material (which if he wasn't so against watching the Sentai it wouldn't be such a missed opportunity in his reviews).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm I guess I'm one of thoee few that have a high tolerance on his voice.

Also are they implying Yamato is becoming a Zyuman slowly

Hmm I guess I'm one of thoee few that have a high tolerance on his voice.

Also are they implying Yamato is becoming a Zyuman slowly

Thing is, I say that and I bet if someone here talked to me, they might find my voice annoying so there ya go. It's just a personal preference thing. I shouldn't be so mean to people I don't know.

vareon

Why do people like this guy?

The early History of Power Rangers were fun and he also poked fun at the inconsistency and weird tropes the series used to have. Post his nostalgia seasons (where he admitted he dropped PR, I think it was Lost Galaxy above) it became the usual internet personality rant and the whole thing was no longer a labor of love.

Boss Doggie

His Lightspeed Rescue, Wild Force, Mystic Force, and Jungle Fury reviews were pretty good tho

WarRock

Cats making biologists go bankrupt 3
I still don't care about any of those characters, but the show is fun. Yamato pulled a Fourze after the roll call, haha.
Villains and action is really cool so far and the whole mech sequence was fun. Cube Giraffe worked way better than I thought, going out there and kicking ass on its own.

delSai

Done with Fourze. One thing all Kamen Rider series seem to have in common are strong or at least charismatic villains. Whoever is doing the casting is doing a pretty good job lol.
And Meteor is the shit.
I'll watch OOO next, dunno what i'll watch after that tho.

Tiu Neo

Oh, apparently today it's Flashman's 30th anniversary! Still waiting for the sequel/30 years after movie. Patiently.

Ok, they'll never get back to earth, unless you count Legend War :(

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
THIS IS NOT A DRILL, ULTRAMAN GINGA AND GINGA S ARE AVAILABLE ON CRUNCHYROLL RIGHT NOW!

Ginga is a good, campy show and Ginga S hasn't been picked up by anyone, so I love that Crunchyroll went through with this.

Man, they really want me to get into Ultraman now. Apparently the fact they keep adding more series tells me that there's a Toku following on Crunchyroll (or at least Ultraman).
*cough*Rider simulcast*cough*. Really though, doing that would get me to subscribe.

Boss Doggie

I'm really surprised Crunchy's getting all Ultraman stuff.

Did Tsubaraya finally cleared that Thai licensing crap?

shaowebb

Slooooooowly finishing out Kuuga. Last 9 episodes left. Show kept a solid tone the whole way. Torn on what to watch next.

• Ryuki
  • Black
  • Agito
  • Kiva
  • Hibiki
  • Spectre

Thoughts on each series?

Slooooooowly finishing out Kuuga. Last 9 episodes left. Show kept a solid tone the whole way. Torn on what to watch next.

• Ryuki
  • Black
  • Agito
  • Kiva
  • Hibiki
  • Spectre

Thoughts on each series?

I would recommend Kiva out of those. Ryuki is a tournament with Kamen Riders, which is pretty good.

• Ryuki
  • Black
  • Agito
  • Kiva
  • Hibiki
  • Spectre

Thoughts on each series?

Roll right into Agito, since it was an indirect sequel to Kuuga. Similar tone and feeling. Then probably Ryuki. Then Hibiki. Then Black.

shaowebb

Roll right into Agito, since it was an indirect sequel to Kuuga. Similar tone and feeling. Then probably Ryuki. Then Hibiki. Then Black.

Any particular reason for that order? Like whats up with the tone of these shows? Is Black campier than Kuuga? No Kiva? What are some things that stood out in these shows?

I'm agreeing with these gentlemen and saying go with Agito.

Black is a late 80's show, so if you consider that "campy" then yes? But if you like shows from that era, then it fits in nicely.

shaowebb

I'm agreeing with these gentlemen and saying go with Agito.

Black is a late 80's show, so if you consider that "campy" then yes? But if you like shows from that era, then it fits in nicely.

I mean is it worse off than Kuuga by any margin in terms of the effects? Kuuga has some bad suits and action but phenomenal writing so I didn't mind it at all. Just figured I'd ask if they were about the same in terms of quality in that respect.

WillyFive

I mean is it worse off than Kuuga by any margin in terms of the effects? Kuuga has some bad suits and action but phenomenal writing so I didn't mind it at all. Just figured I'd ask if they were about the same in terms of quality in that respect.

Black has almost no protagonist and an almost no supporting characters. The main character is just there to help victim of the week and that's it. I thought the manga version was far better.

But that's just me; I know there's a lot of nostalgia for it.

Effects wise? I felt the effects were good for the late 80's. The first few episodes especially. I really like Black's design. Also when I was little I wish I had cool hair and had a jacket and fingerless leather gloves like Tetsuo Kurata. <I was not a cool kid by any margin>

And no, it's NOT as bad as Wizard by any means. Wizard is junk in it's own level ugh...

shaowebb

Fair nuff. Seeing a lot of Agito. Whats the deal with it? Seeing some love for it and a little for Kiva so far. Ryuki to date always seems to be stated as "Rider War" and left at that. Never heard anyone say anything bout Hibiki ever cept something maybe bout the ending being a mess? Not sure...

WillyFive

Fair nuff. Seeing a lot of Agito. Whats the deal with it? Seeing some love for it and a little for Kiva so far. Ryuki to date always seems to be stated as "Rider War" and left at that. Never heard anyone say anything bout Hibiki ever cept something maybe bout the ending being a mess? Not sure...

The first section of Hibiki is really special. If you want something new, try that out; but Toei's pushback for it being so different resulted in it becoming a mess near the end.

I felt like Agito held it together without going too wildly into left field with the storyline. Likeable characters, the plot was well paced, and some of the concepts presented in the show were enjoyable. I don't want to go too much into it because I'll just start blabbing away at the storyline, but I really liked Team SAUL and G3/G3-X for example.

Agito is your best bet here. If you like Kuuga then you will like Agito.

Ok am I hearing things or is the Saizo Eyecon sound effect when activated sound a little bit like parts of "Monkey Magic" by Godiego?

Top Bottom