• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Tiu Neo

Ghost Legendary Rider Souls 3 and 4

Lord Baron! Gaim form is pretty cool, and it even played the (wrong?, but best) jingle after the henshin!

Saggitarius was pretty good in this too. I get why Makoto got Fourze's eyecon (the order), but yeah, it would fit Takeru better. Anyway, anything Fourze is always good.

The whole plot with the two girls... makes no sense at all. And they knew exactly where they wee? Ghost City must be pretty small. (But yeah, watching this for the fanservice, so whatever)

Ghost 21

The villain plot is getting interesting. I like how they are giving personalities for the ganmas. I wonder what's sage's objective (if that is really sage at all, that is. Would explain a lot if he is). Was that the belt/eyecon for the mid-series form?

And... things will probably change a lot soon. Like, next few episodes.

JLynn

People! Amazon Japan now ships internationally! Look at that Battride War Genesis price!

ajDqCNH.png

You can get a JP PS4 game for about the same price as a US PS4 game.

Gotta love the exchange rates!!

NeonZ

Read this impression, and remember the premise of Ghost: Tenkuuji Takeru dies, temporarily revived and needed to gather the spirit of 15 "heroes" in 99 days or he'd be back dead.

I think that's why I felt a disconnect with Ghost, its themes are all over the place. The heroic spirits are just there, and Takeru's fascination with them were only brought up if it involves them. The second "collect the eyecons and get back to life" arc (weird enough as it is) is forgotten until the next convenient moment. Ganmas started from monsters with real world motif (parallel to the legendary heroes) and now they're beings from a parallel world with its own politics and intrigues.

I don't think the Ganma have really changed. It has been said in recent episodes that their world is pretty much hell and that human souls go there after dying. So, it's not like they forgot about all that.

As far as their motif goes, the main issue is that they're only named after objects because the staff at some point decided against using actual historical names for their villains (see Movie Wars Genesis, where the movie's new standard Ganma had historical names), but their historical basis is still evident - well, not with the Ganma Superiors, but the weekly ones - like how the Sword Ganma recognized Musashi and used Sasaki Kojiro's personal technique, and in the recent episode the Armor Ganma was an honorable female knight that mentioned a "holy fire" completely unrelated to her armor motif, but which makes much more sense if you consider her Joan of Arc.

Tiu Neo

There is a teaser for a new KR movie after #1. Looks like
Amazon.

Is that
the return of Enrique Sakamoto? Heh.

Tiu Neo

giphy.gif

Never been the biggest
Amazon
fan.

Never watched it, but the premise sounds interesting.
Decade episodes kinda soured it to me, but I'll still watch it someday. I know Decade isn't the best way to know the original series quality.

NeonZ

There is a teaser for a new KR movie after #1. Looks like
Amazon.

Is that
the return of Enrique Sakamoto? Heh.

It'll be revealed before the Rider 1 movie is out, so I don't think it's necessarily a movie, it could be just a net-series like Rider 4.

Either way, I hope it's really Amazon with a new transformation, since it'd pretty much confirm that all Showa Riders are going to get new forms eventually. I really want to see Stronger with a new suit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbcKctLP_Zc

Edit: Also, I hope people aren't taking your mention of Enrique Sakamoto seriously. Rider 1 is still Rider 1, not some new guy. They might recast Riders with dead actors, but they could even keep them suit-only, like Rider 4.

Tiu Neo

It'll be revealed before the Rider 1 movie is out, so I don't think it's necessarily a movie, it could be just a net-series like Rider 4.

Either way, I hope it's really Amazon with a new transformation, since it'd pretty much confirm that all Showa Riders are going to get new forms eventually. I really want to see Stronger with a new suit.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jbcKctLP_Zc

Edit: Also, I hope people aren't taking your mention of Enrique Sakamoto seriously. Rider 1 is still Rider 1, not some new guy. They might recast Riders with dead actors, but they could even keep them suit-only, like Rider 4.

I don't think anyone could take that seriously, hahaha. And the original actor is still alive, isn't he? Maybe it's one of those cases where he doesn't want to reprise his role, but even then, there are... better options.

The only way I see they using another actor for him is either in those cases, or in a remake/retelling of sorts... which I'm not sure if it's a good option, at least considering this year's event.

Wasn't TimeRed's actor like that for a while?

That actually turned out to be a misunderstanding. After Timeranger he ended up with a new talent agency that wanted to basically present him as a fresh talent, so his records with them made no reference to his past with Sentai.

Late last year, he went on a Toku hero themed episode of Vs. Arashi, and he recently had a wedding where he invited a lot of his former cast mates.

jwk94

Are there any Toku actors that are like "Fuck that shit" and don't even acknowledge they were in it?

Isn't Joe Odagiri (OG Kuuga) refusing to do anything Rider related the reason Toei went with the alternate universe schtick for Decade?

Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis, which I ordered on the 9th from Amazon Japan, got here today.

We live in a glorious future, brothers and sisters.

NeonZ

If it's an old Rider, it's obviously Amazon (or a really weird Rider 2 redesign). They aren't going to skip all the famous Showa Riders and make a new Shin out of all things.

ReiGun

Watching the last Zyuohger. The Deathgaliens are great in how cruel they are. The MOTW's plot is actually a little unsettling, which I'm not used to from Sentai.

Kamen Rider: Battride War Genesis, which I ordered on the 9th from Amazon Japan, got here today.

We live in a glorious future, brothers and sisters.

Mine shipped today I should be getting it on Monday!

Good to know we've finally been liberated in a way from our import overlords!

Speaking of Genesis is Spectre's out so I'd figure I'd supply the links to PS Store so everybody doesn't have to go looking for them and have more time to Rider Kick things into oblivion.

I'll have the links for Chaser & Tokon Boost as they drop and I'll cross-post them in that thread that exists in Gaming.

Enjoy!

Vita

PS3

PS4

Good to know we've finally been liberated in a way from our import overlords!

Speaking of Genesis is Spectre's out so I'd figure I'd supply the links to PS Store so everybody doesn't have to go looking for them and have more time to Rider Kick things into oblivion.

I'll have the links for Chaser & Tokon Boost as they drop and I'll cross-post them in that thread that exists in Gaming.

Enjoy!

Vita

PS3

PS4

Yeah, I still have to create a Japanese PSN account before I can get that sweet, sweet DLC.

How much did you pay for shipping? Seems like Amazon Jp is pretty fast.

You can see what I paid in my post. Around $8.

NeonZ

I'm starting to think that these villains are just Warstar 2.0, rather than the real threat. They have no connection to the Zyuohger and now
a general dies very early.

Top Bottom