• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
what a waste in that he didn't yell DIOS MIO

EDIT Ghost 22 (huh didn't realize we're already ep 22)

so Ganma Dad has the shortest lifespan of a supposedly important character introduced midway in a series?

vareon

w0YcAgL.jpg

Even Fujioka is swamped by his armor but damn that looks cool.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ghost 22

Bombshells all over!
Adel kills the Emperor. Ganma has tons of people capsules. The real Alain appears. What is going on with this so-called Utopia? Oh man, can't wait until next week.
Also that fight at the end was awesome.

delSai

My copy of Battride War Genesis showed up yesterday. It's a good ass videogame. Specter plays really lame unfortunately, hopefully Chaser is more fun to use.

Ghost 22
The episode was good. The stuff shown in the Ganma world was pretty interesting and the duel at the end wasn't bad either. I definitely enjoyed this episode more than the last one.

Fujioka has such a wee baby face in that 1971 pic. Makes me laugh every time I see some stupid opinion about how Heisei riders are all pretty boys, when Showa riders definitely were dandies back in their day.

NeonZ

At the very least they need to bulk up Rider 2 now. "2 of Strength" doesn't work with that Rider 1 standing alongside him. If Amazon is really that Rider from the silhouette, it seems like we might quickly get redesigns for the other early Showa Riders fairly quickly though.

Tiu Neo

Ghost 22

So, dad is gone already. Ganma world is kinda... destroyed, for a utopia.
Eyecons/Ganma are people and the Ganma world is the matrix?!
How much time until the sister dies in a tragic fashion too?

Very good episode, lots of revelations. Mid-series form coming next episode, too.

Looks like we got some more news about the GARO Retsuden.
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/03/garo-retsudan/
“Will your favorite characters appear? Is it a sequel? Is it some kind of side story embedded in the series? There’s lots of interest involved in every episode of GARO Makai Retsuden.
In 10 years of the GARO series, they’ve accumulated techniques, condensing all the sentiments of the staff and cast crammed together. All of GARO is here. “
They also confirmed about the new Zero series as well.

Boss Doggie

Saw this in /krg/, nothing big and special but an interesting look, a recent survey on Rider popularity

>1. Original
>2. V3
>3. Den-O
>4. Black
>5. Kuuga
>6. RX
>7. W
>8. Agito
>9. Kabuto
>10. Ryuki
>11. Amazon
>12. Fourze
>13. OOO
>14. Faiz
>15. Decade
>16. Hibiki
>17. Gaim
>18. Drive
>19. Stronger
>20. X

Surprised Black is popular there, not that I mind

and like most polls, they showed demographic differences

Male votes:
1. Original
2. V3
3. Black
4. Black RX
5. Kuuga
6. Den-O
7. Amazon
8. Kabuto
9. Agito
10. Ryuki

Female votes:
1. Den-O
2. W
3. Kuuga
4. Original
5. V3
6. Fourze
7. Agito
8. OOO
9. Kabuto
10. Hibiki

Saw this in /krg/, nothing big and special but an interesting look, a recent survey on Rider popularity

>1. Original
>2. V3
>3. Den-O
>4. Black
>5. Kuuga
>6. RX
>7. W
>8. Agito
>9. Kabuto
>10. Ryuki
>11. Amazon
>12. Fourze
>13. OOO
>14. Faiz
>15. Decade
>16. Hibiki
>17. Gaim
>18. Drive
>19. Stronger
>20. X

giphy.gif

People got their shit all backed up.

javadoze

The female vote know where it's at with Kuuga and Double in the top 5.

Regarding the main survey, I'm kind of surprised how high Fourze was on that list compared to its brethren and how Gaim was pretty low.

Boss Doggie

I wish we get an amalgamation of Segata Sanshiro and Kamen Rider 1.

Kamen Rider Shiro, or Kamen Rider Saturn.

I wish we get an amalgamation of Segata Sanshiro and Kamen Rider 1.

Kamen Rider Shiro, or Kamen Rider Saturn.

There was some stage play where Fujioka is playing Segata, and then Shocker goons arrive with some monsters, and he does Rider 1's henshin, jumps into a smoke cloud and "changes" into Rider 1. He then batters the hell out of them all.

I saw it on Youtube, but now I can't find it. Someone here has to know about it.

EDIT: Here we are.

Boss Doggie

Sou Da

>/krg/

Back when I went to /krg/ there was up and coming poster who would regularly shitpost about how "/m/ hates showa" just because people weren't discussing what he wanted.

Eventually other people parroted him and they started to have anti-hesei circjerks and shit.

I don't trust their collective opinions at all. Half of em probably didn't even see those shows.

Boss Doggie

>/krg/

Back when I went to /krg/ there was up and coming poster who would regularly shitpost about how "/m/ hates showa" just because people weren't discussing what he wanted.

Eventually other people parroted him and they started to have anti-hesei circjerks and shit.

I don't trust their collective opinions at all. Half of em probably didn't even see those shows.

eh, the usual

shitposting exists and you just learn to filter them

I mean, I'm /padt/ (pokemon anime discussion thread) regular and I'm used to those shit

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
>/krg/

That poll isn't a poll of /krg/ members, it's a poll from a Japanese magazine that was reposted on /krg/.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There was some stage play where Fujioka is playing Segata, and then Shocker goons arrive with some monsters, and he does Rider 1's henshin, jumps into a smoke cloud and "changes" into Rider 1. He then batters the hell out of them all.

I saw it on Youtube, but now I can't find it. Someone here has to know about it.

when your crew is always on call.

Boss Doggie

Hah, some theorized Segata used Dragon Force powers to multiply himself and have his clones transform into the other riders.

That poll isn't a poll of /krg/ members, it's a poll from a Japanese magazine that was reposted on /krg/.

Yeah, I guess my post wasn't specific in that, though the "male and female demographic" should have been a clue lol

Akibared

This is fucking amazing!

This is amazing on so many levels.

shaowebb

Okay...just found something weird looking into Nitroplus Blasterz Super Sonico character and why cats are used for her moveset.

7c1s0sK.gif

Kitty Rangers?
Id watch it :3

Seraphis Cain

bad gameplay lol
Two chances for Enriq... you know what, that's getting old. I'm afraid of repeating it too much and it becoming true.

Won't they reveal it tomorrow?

His name is ALEXANDER now, actually.

And also since changing his name he's become HUGE in Japan, so he's probably in the "too famous for Kamen Rider" camp now.

WarRock

There are no words to describe how amazing this is.

javadoze

Can't wait when it turns out the ending of Kamen Rider 1 has Takeshi Hongo faking his death and retiring the title of "Kamen Rider", leaving to live out his days as Segata Sanshiro.

Tiu Neo

Can't wait when it turns out the ending of Kamen Rider 1 has Takeshi Hongo faking his death and retiring the title of "Kamen Rider", leaving to live out his days as Segata Sanshiro.

The movie is actually a commercial for Sega's new console, of course,it all makes sense now.

The list bothered me so much I threw together a Kamen Rider bias sorter. It's essentially tournament bracket format with a bunch of 1-on-1 choices. It tallies up all the choices and gives you a solid ranking. It's up to you if you treat it as if you're sorting the Riders or the shows. I treated it as Riders, hence Kabuto ended up higher on my list.

Here's mine:
0EO4O7d.png

I've always known I've had a strong Heisei bias, but the ranking clenches it. For reference, I added Kamen Rider G because I was bored.

472491f941b8a947ee43bd5224936570.jpg

ReiGun

1 W
2 Decade
3 Amazon
4 Drive
5 Gaim
6 Faiz
7 Fourze
8 Kuuga
9 Ichigo
9 Nigo
11 Kabuto
12 Den-O
13 G
14 Agito
15 OOO
16 Black
17 Ghost
18 Super-1
19 V3
20 Kiva
21 Wizard
22 Hibiki
23 Blade
24 Stronger
25 Shin
26 Black RX
27 Skyrider
27 J
29 Ryuki
29 ZO
31 X

Did it by Rider. Top 5 is about what I expected.

Here is my list.
1 Ichigo
1 Kiva
1 Ghost
4 Den-O
5 Kabuto
6 V3
6 X
8 Faiz
9 Black
9 Black RX
11 Fourze