• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
That episode of Ghost was pretty funny...

And Grateful actually managed to be pretty cool summoning the Heroes to fight alongside him, hope that keeps up and isn't forgotten about due to budget.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ghost 24

Wow, the crossover element actually worked into the plot. Allowing Takeru to cast aside his doubts on working with Alain after working with Yamato so well despite barely knowing him.
We also learn the Ganma Emperor is alive after all. I imagine he'll be dead soon though.

The episode was pretty damn funny though. I get the feeling Onari was hired solely for these scenes (It wouldn't surprise me if he was a professional Kabuki actor).
Also, Takeru and Yamato pointing out Bandai's laziness with the sword and gun looking the same. "We can recycle the Sunglass Slasher into the Zyuoh Blaster. We'll make millions!" I have to give credit to the creativity of the fight scene, combining the two's weapons and skills. We need more of that.

Now begins the several month long wait for the movie's Blu-Ray release and subbing.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, this crossover makes the Zoo crossover look weak in comparison.

Though I guess Zoo ep showed how that one general is more experimental.

delSai

Ghost 24

That was a pretty good episode. Goemon Onari (Goenari?) was hilarious and should come back from time to time. It was already said but the whole episode in general was pretty funny, from this weeks Monster to the crossover that happend (Red Eagle Dude's costume is pretty cool), they really made me laugh a couple of times. The heroes getting bodies and fighting with Takeru is also pretty cool.
But yea, Onari was the highlight of this episode. Let all the heroes possess him, it could be hilarious if done right.

Oh and i started Den-O, i'm only 6 episodes in but so far i like it, the main character having all those different personalities is a cool idea.

pbayne

Heys guys just wanted some advice. Picked up the first volume of the new Ultraman manga and while i really enjoyed it a few of the references went way over my head.

What is the best series, like a good standalone, just to get a general sense of the character and the history of the series?

Tiu Neo

Ghost 24

We need more Goemon Onari. I hope he shows up again, since the eyecon possesses a regular character this time.

And you know what, the crossover in this was fun, and even had it's use on the plot. I'm kinda ok with it being like this. Gaim crossover was cool, but had a strange timing with the plot, and at least we didn't "lose" two full episodes like last year.

And I guess the Ghost theme is a good way to reuse old monster costumes, eh.

That "summon hero" ability was cool. I hope we see more of it in the future, good way to reuse old powers that would be forgotten otherwise.

Heys guys just wanted some advice. Picked up the first volume of the new Ultraman manga and while i really enjoyed it a few of the references went way over my head.

What is the best series, like a good standalone, just to get a general sense of the character and the history of the series?

Ultraman Mebius is the series I would recommend.

Boss Doggie

Oh right cr doesn't have the anthology

also question on rider atsume - do each of the colored orbs have a unique specialty? in neko each fish is more expensive the others and they bring more cats, but in rider atsume they are mostly around the same price (I think only one orb is different in pricing)

also I got mine via qooapp, how will it update?

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Zyuohger 7

Sooo how little do the Zyuohgers show up in the KR1 movie? I read a summary on /m/ and it didn't bother mentioning them so they might not even be in it.
Takeru was a bit too enthusiastic, maybe he stopped being a sadsack after going Grateful mode? Also, how can the Zyuohgers see- oh right, show rules don't apply in crossovers. Speaking of, why does Takeru only do his spooky floating bit in crossovers?

At least we got more of Amu being adorable.

theyre animals. their perceptions are much higher.

Boss Doggie

and something about animals being able to see ghosts

maybe it's an Asian thing but my country believes in that

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
Oh right cr doesn't have the anthology

also question on rider atsume - do each of the colored orbs have a unique specialty? in neko each fish is more expensive the others and they bring more cats, but in rider atsume they are mostly around the same price (I think only one orb is different in pricing)

also I got mine via qooapp, how will it update?

You can update apps through qooapp

javadoze

Both shows' crossovers felt like normal episodes with the crossover parts thrown in at the last minute; the fun little exchanges here and there kinda just had me wanting a full-blown teamup. Despite ToQ/Gaim and Ninninger/Drive existing, I still feel there hasn't been a Rider/Sentai teamup yet that utilizes the premise to its full potential.

Takeru and Yamato poking fun at Bandai reusing toy molds is still pretty funny, though.

Ce2c4psVIAEynn1.jpg

Tizoc

Shurkienger is the WORST 'Mega Zord' I've ever seen....
Hell the mechs that the Nin-ningers use are all so random and poorly thought out.

Slayven

I like how they explained the sunglasser was destroyed just to handwave a new one just appearing.....then later in the show having another one just magically appear.

Tiu Neo

New Legendary Rider Souls episode is out.

Kinda rushed, two series enemies in one episode, but at least there is some "plot".

BatDan

Ghost Legendary Rider Souls 5

Rushing to the end. Two final villains in one.
At least getting Specter to do Eiji's "seiya' was kind of cool.
Final one should be Wizard... saving the worst for last.

Tiu Neo

So, Amazon (the original) has only 24 episodes,
and still gets a big retooling mid-way through? Well, at least it keeps things interesting.

It wasn't really that popular back then, eh?

NeonZ

So, Amazon (the original) has only 24 episodes,
and still gets a big retooling mid-way through? Well, at least it keeps things interesting.

It wasn't really that popular back then, eh?

They pretty much wanted another series as successful as the original and V3 but it never came, so X, Amazon and Stronger all have big shifts at certain points of the show. It was kind of unfair to those series though - They all performed as well or better than Goranger, but because that was a fair bit bellow the original Rider series they were considered to be underperforming (for Rider), while Goranger was seen as a success.

They pretty much wanted another series as successful as the original and V3 but it never came, so X, Amazon and Stronger all have big shifts at certain points of the show. It was kind of unfair to those series though - They all performed as well or better than Goranger, but because that was a fair bit bellow the original Rider series they were considered to be underperforming (for Rider), while Goranger was seen as a success.

Those series got the short end of the stick for sure.

Tiu Neo

I see. Now the shift makes sense, with an organization as the new villain, Amazon learning how to talk and so on. Still has some of the things that made it unique, but it`s still a notable change.

Just watched a few episodes of Goranger, but wasn`t the budget for that a lot lower? At least the costumes - characters and monsters - make it look like so.

BatDan

I wondered how OT would balance three shows, but they say Amazons is light on dialogue so not as much work.

Zyuohger 8

Leo is a total bro. Cool that they weaponized his loud voice, really shows how animalistic the zyumans are.
First Megazord tag team. Those are always awesome.

Next week:
Is that Mole Cube I spot?

vareon

I wondered how OT would balance three shows, but they say Amazons is light on dialogue so not as much work.

Even so, Amazons is only 13 episodes (albeit with twice the running time per episode). They can afford to lag a bit since there's no next series lining up, unlike the main one.

Unless they decided Kamen Rider Exes right after Amazon!

Edit: This has been floating in my timeline today.

NMdIvAH.jpg

Top Bottom