• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Garo Makai Retsuden Ep. 3
We got two different stories in this one. One is with Shijima Wataru (Makai Senki) dealing with a group of Horrors in their hideout with a very Western vibe to it. I thought this one was pretty good for what it was. It had great action it and an interesting twist at the end. The other deals Mayuri and Anna (Makai no Hana) and a painting. This one deals with Makai Priests in general. Very intersting to watch to see Mayuri helping out Anna with a painting she brought.
Overall, I enjoyed this episodes a lot.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Got my Kakuranger set in. The subtitles are white! The font is also an improvement. Looks like they listened after the first two sets.

Also remember that there's a Dairanger marathon streaming live this Saturday. Hopefully with the announcement of Ohranger... or something else.

jwk94

Got my Kakuranger set in. The subtitles are white! The font is also an improvement. Looks like they listened after the first two sets.

Also remember that there's a Dairanger marathon streaming live this Saturday. Hopefully with the announcement of Ohranger... or something else.
In a perfect world, it would be Deka for no particular reason.

javadoze

I wonder how well Ohranger would do considering the show's, uh, quality?

(Of course, if they went backwards and did Jetman, I'd love that too.)

BatDan

Just tell people it's connected to Power Rangers Zeo. ... Oh right, that is one of the most forgettable seasons.

Yeah, Jetman is a possible next step.

Or maybe Kamen Rider Black, or Kuuga.

WillyFive

The first two episodes of Ohranger would make a great 40 minute film celebrating 20 years of Super Sentai. It's pretty much what you'd want a full blown true-to-its-roots-and-yet-adapted-for-modern-movie-market Hollywood adaptation of Super Sentai would be like.

But yeah, two seasons that need to be sent over are Jetman and Gokaiger.

They might do Ohranger just to keep the order of Sentai release post Zyuranger.

I'd want Megaranger done. In Space is one of the highest rated PR series out there, and Megaranger is 200% quality, so why not? Makes sense.

WarRock

Necrom 30: The takoyaki walk
It's weird seeing so much focus on a villain turned tertiary Rider. I'm not even sure what is Makoto's role anymore. The Igor plot still has no payoff D=

javadoze

Necrom 30: The takoyaki walk
It's weird seeing so much focus on a villain turned tertiary Rider. I'm not even sure what is Makoto's role anymore. The Igor plot still has no payoff D=

Seeing Akari slap Igor twice in the span of a few episodes is the payoff.

BatDan

Ghost 31

Just like Zyuohger was a Rider plot, Ghost was a Sentai plot. Adults being turned into kids. Though in this case, they have no memories of their adult lives.
Seems Takeru can time travel now, or at least travel through memories. Time to finally learn what's going on.

*throws box set away*

Could be worse I guess, but I'm sure people will blow it out of proportion.

Yeah... they're still readable at least. Just weirdly inconsistent.
Of course there's the "I hope Shout Factory dies" people... I'll take whatever Toku I can get really.

I heard the subs were approaching TV-Nihon quality on the Kakuranger DVD set.

Oh, bother.

Not THAT bad. They don't litter the screen with pointless effects.
What's weird is they translate the morphing call. "Super Transformation" instead of "Super Henge"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
iuzH8AH.jpg

Yeah... they're still readable at least. Just weirdly inconsistent.
Of course there's the "I hope Shout Factory dies" people... I'll take whatever Toku I can get really.

Given that I've watched Kakuranger so many times without subs on tape, I'm fine with it, I can just turn the subs off and it's like I'm doing that all over again. I'm ok with paying $60 for what amounts to $500 in Toei DVD's. But of course you are going to get that loud group of people who will incessantly bitch about the smallest thing *shrugs* It's the internet, what do you expect.

Given that I've watched Kakuranger so many times without subs on tape, I'm fine with it, I can just turn the subs off and it's like I'm doing that all over again. I'm ok with paying $60 for what amounts to $500 in Toei DVD's. But of course you are going to get that loud group of people who will incessantly bitch about the smallest thing *shrugs* It's the internet, what do you expect.

Well if people pay $60 for something, and a company is attempting to do niche business with a cherished property, they should at least try to get small things like honorifics ironed out.

vareon

Ghost 31, you had one job. What's the point of having Takaiwa Seiji play a character then having him transform right away?

Actually, did Takaiwa play his ganma form or Ghost during that fight?

Also, this is the second time they experimented with this camera. Is it a drone or something?

JLynn

I'm gonna buy the set, don't get me wrong. But after viewing the super accurate but drier than white toast presentation of the Zyuranger set and the beautifully flowing like Deer Park spring water presentation of the Dairanger set I can't help but think the Kakuranger presentation is a step back. Not a HUGE step back mind you, but a step back nonetheless.

Edag88

Banned
I'm gonna buy the set, don't get me wrong. But after viewing the super accurate but drier than white toast presentation of the Zyuranger set and the beautifully flowing like Deer Park spring water presentation of the Dairanger set I can't help but think the Kakuranger presentation is a step back. Not a HUGE step back mind you, but a step back nonetheless.

And this is why I like you people. Everyone in here is so even keeled for the most part. I never feel like I'm talking with anyone unreasonable.

JLynn

And this is why I like you people. Everyone in here is so even keeled for the most part. I never feel like I'm talking with anyone unreasonable.

I've been in the Toku game since the mid 80's with the Dynaman parody dub. I remember one of the first things on this new fangled thing called the World Wide Web I did was hunt for more info of the Japanese shows that were adapted into Power Rangers and VR Troopers (Marc Miyake's synopsis and Jill's Sentai Spoilers will always have spots in my heart). I remember watching bad fansub tapes of Kamen Rider Black and Changeman that had occasional lines that wasn't translated. I remember Keith Justice of HJU asking Saban reps flat out if they had plans on releasing subbed Japanese sentai, only for the reps to literally laugh at his face before bluntly answering "No".

And here we are, two years from the announcement I would never thought I would hear in my lifetime, that some company would release an English subtitled remastered Sentai show called Zyuranger, with support from both Toei and Saban. I remember distinctly shouting out expletives before feverishly posting the news to all the social media sites I was a part of.

I'm not saying this to brag, to shake fists at clouds, or anything of that nature. My point is simple. I'm too old for the mess.

I've been in the Toku game since the mid 80's with the Dynaman parody dub. I remember one of the first things on this new fangled thing called the World Wide Web I did was hunt for more info of the Japanese shows that were adapted into Power Rangers and VR Troopers (Marc Miyake's synopsis and Jill's Sentai Spoilers will always have spots in my heart). I remember watching bad fansub tapes of Kamen Rider Black and Changeman that had occasional lines that wasn't translated. I remember Keith Justice of HJU asking Saban reps flat out if they had plans on releasing subbed Japanese sentai, only for the reps to literally laugh at his face before bluntly answering "No".

And here we are, two years from the announcement I would never thought I would hear in my lifetime, that some company would release an English subtitled remastered Sentai show called Zyuranger, with support from both Toei and Saban. I remember distinctly shouting out expletives before feverishly posting the news to all the social media sites I was a part of.

I'm not saying this to brag, to shake fists at clouds, or anything of that nature. My point is simple. I'm too old for the mess.

Nope, I know you arent trying to do anything of the sort because I followed a somewhat similar path. I got tapes from my neighbors in the 80s so I watched everything on tape up until '02/'03 or so, and when the internet was young I read Marc Miyake's faq and Jill's page as well. I'm too old for this mess as well *lol*

delSai

Amazons continues to be awesome, i really hope we get more Rider Shows like that once that one is finished.

Tamashii Features 2016 is this weekend, lots of cool stuff from Bandai Tamashii of course.

I wish i had money to buy that W and the Amazons figures.

BatDan

Amazons 7

A lighter episode than usual, I guess since a new status quo is established things are going to be a little different.
Though things look like they'll be back to dark next time. So many ups and downs.

Tamashii Features 2016 is this weekend, lots of cool stuff from Bandai Tamashii of course.

Already preordered Gaim Orange Arms, but they're doing Watermelon Arms, Ryugen, and the mighty HawkTiger?

126412538-businessman-showing-empty-wallet-gettyimages.jpg

What's up with SIC Baron's chicken legs though? Is the Gaim set going to be a base body you throw the armor sets on top of? Gaim in June, Zangetsu looks like an exclusive in November, and Drive in December.

BatDan

Reminder that Shout Factory will be streaming Dairanger tomorrow. First 7 episodes. Starts at 9 AM Pacific (so 12 PM Eastern, 11 AM Central).
Link here

vareon

Already preordered Gaim Orange Arms, but they're doing Watermelon Arms, Ryugen, and the mighty HawkTiger?

126412538-businessman-showing-empty-wallet-gettyimages.jpg

What's up with SIC Baron's chicken legs though? Is the Gaim set going to be a base body you throw the armor sets on top of? Gaim in June, Zangetsu looks like an exclusive in November, and Drive in December.

Gaim series's gimmick is that the armors can be placed in a display mode like a samurai armor. How that works, I don't know. Others don't have a release date but Zangetsu is November and he's a web exclusive. So, yeah.

Anyway here's one more.

Gaim series's gimmick is that the armors can be placed in a display mode like a samurai armor. How that works, I don't know. Others don't have a release date but Zangetsu is November and he's a web exclusive. So, yeah.

Anyway here's one more.

Neat... thing is I would pay for a SH Figuarts Kazami Shiro to go with my V3 Figuarts. But I would pay even more for a SH Figuarts Hayakawa Ken and Kaiketsu Zubat.

Finished Fourze a couple days ago.
Cried when they read Kengo's letter then cried even more when it turns out he was alive

Now I'm watching Gaim and... well the Rider designs are cool I guess.

WarRock

Still not caught up with anything, thanks college )=

That SIC Baron is hilarious. He looks SO SAD. How tall is Watermelon Arms?

Ultraman Orb really has some cool looking form! Want to see the last ones in more detail.

BatDan

Shout stream won't work for me. Apparently my Flash player is outdated. Their fault for still using Flash in 2016.

But they did announce Ohranger is coming. Now there's something I haven't seen so that will be cool. Coming in November.

Top Bottom