• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Yay, so as expected Ohranger is coming. My twins will be 1 by that point. Dairanger arrived at my house when my wife was in the hosipital after delivering them this past November, so a nice milestone.

We got Ohranger, folks.
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/05/shout-factory-announce-choriki-sentai-ohranger-dvd-release/

Shout! Factory’s Gosei Sentai Dairanger marathon came with a surprise announcement: the company will be release Choriki Sentai Ohranger in November 2016 in the US. This marks the fourth Super Sentai series the company has released, following Zyuranger, Dairanger, and the recently released Kakuranger to be released in the US with complete English subtitles.

The Ninja Sentai Kakuranger DVD set was announced during the previous Zyuranger marathon Shout! Factory held on January 23.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So Amazons is gonna have a Third Rider...didn't really expect that since it's less merchandise driven. Really haven't kept up with it, but I'm thinking it might be nice to marathon since it won't run too long.

By the way, we should be getting our next Rider trademark any day now. Drive was May 22, Ghost was the 25th. Well they were registered in April but made public in May.

Going by the Swayze pattern, we had Dirty Dancing (Gaim), Road House (Drive), and Ghost (Ghost), so next up is Point Break. So, extreme sports Rider.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
So Amazons is gonna have a Third Rider...didn't really expect that since it's less merchandise driven. Really haven't kept up with it, but I'm thinking it might be nice to marathon since it won't run too long.

By the way, we should be getting our next Rider trademark any day now. Drive was May 22, Ghost was the 25th. Well they were registered in April but made public in May.

Going by the Swayze pattern, we had Dirty Dancing (Gaim), Road House (Drive), and Ghost (Ghost), so next up is Point Break. So, extreme sports Rider.

Holy shit, there's a swayze pattern? I love the toku community sometimes

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
This weeks Zyuohger had scenes from the mall like 5 minutes from my apartment. I wish I had known, I pass by there every single morning. ><

vareon

I think I'm the only person who's noticed it though...but mark my words, Extreme Sports Rider next.

I'll chip in. Next is Japanese mythical beast Riders. The title is Kamen Rider Kyuber, it is based on nine-tails fox, it has nine tails, 9-shaped eyes, and 9-shaped driver just to satisfy the fabled numbering theme.

shaowebb

Found something useful the other day.

Tutorial on how to download Kamen Rider Atsume

This is that Kamen Rider mobile game thats like that cat collector game. Once I had a Rakuten account registered and the app on my phone for Rakuten I used Google chrome since it translates Rakuten and found Kamen Rider Atsume after that. Game is pretty silly and fun. Buy items and place them to attract citizens, after awhile mooks and monsters harass citizens, if you buy orbs and place them those will attract Riders who will fight the mooks and monsters. Sometimes a fat mook steals your orb and leaves money. All very similar to the kitty collector game.

Have fun. Its a neat little time killer to have around.

JLynn

We got Ohranger, folks.

The crazy thing is I "obtained" the fansubs a few weeks ago. And if preorders go well, we'll get Carranger, another show I "obtained" a few weeks ago as well. I welcome this "issue". However I don't think we'll get legal pre Zyuranger Sentai DVDs anytime soon. Oh well.

WarRock

Zyuohger 13
Leo is that guy, huh. Not sure if the high point of the episode was the Zyuoh Shoot sequence or the monster's eyebrows. Mech battles still are cool and the new finisher is simple but meaty, I like it.

One of the best parts of Gaim is how he kept using the fruits-helmets during transformations to do crazy blocks/attacks.

You deserve a prize if that ends up happening. EXTREME GOLF HERE WE GO

Tiu Neo

Catching Up...

Zyuohger 14

Eh, ok episode. Wonder if the other candidate will become... something. At least he looks more menacing than this thief. Or it'll just be like the Kibaoni Corps/Western Yokai, and will be just hype and die easily on one episode. But eh, even then, they didn't really hype him too much.

Ghost 31

Ohhh, new Alain scene in the opening. And hey, they remember that Takeru is dead and only has a few days to live storyline... a bit.

A lot of setup this episode. Let's see how it goes.

I'll watch both Amazons episodes later.

The crazy thing is I "obtained" the fansubs a few weeks ago. And if preorders go well, we'll get Carranger, another show I "obtained" a few weeks ago as well. I welcome this "issue". However I don't think we'll get legal pre Zyuranger Sentai DVDs anytime soon. Oh well.

Not unless you get a lot of very vocal US based fans from Brazil and the Philippines just clamoring for a box set release of Changeman/Liveman/Maskman/Bioman.. then again maybe Saban could say "here's what COULD have been Power Rangers..." (yeah right)

Tiu Neo

Not unless you get a lot of very vocal US based fans from Brazil and the Philippines just clamoring for a box set release of Changeman/Liveman/Maskman/Bioman.. then again maybe Saban could say "here's what COULD have been Power Rangers..." (yeah right)

We got Changeman and Flashman in DVD here on Brazil. No english subtitles, unfortunately.

Maybe someday you'll get Bioman and Jetman (the ones that were suposed to be the first Power Rangers series at some time of their lives, iirc).

I kinda wanted to import Kakuranger, but the current price + exchange rate + taxes would kill me.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Amazons 8

Before Zyuohger? How odd.
This was a rough episode to watch. That extended beating, the MotW that could have been redeemed (but it was too late), his death. The junkyard owner not getting arrested or killed. Yeesh.

Next week though
Another Amazon Rider. Oh snap.

shaowebb

God damned fat panty thief mook! Everytime I put down Kamen Rider Kibbles in Kamen Rider Atsume that fat shit steals all the foods and only pays me the buy in price of the food. Delay tactic little bastard.

Pudge Mook got nothin on Mook Reynolds. At least he knows how to make me smile :)
vNXITcj.jpg
tn4aAkK.jpg

(loving this Kamen Rider Atsume time killer on apps.Rakuten.co.jp)

Tiu Neo

Amazons 07

I really like the team dynamic, and Haruka made it even better.

Amazons 08

Very good episode. I like how they are developing the characters, and how their choices have consequences. The evil human vs innocent amazon (that still has his insticts) conflict was very well done.

Jin vs Haruka differences are also getting interesting. I can see that being the final battle.

And now, a third Amazon Amazon?

shaowebb

Weeee! Some monster showed up with swords instead of hands and now Gaim and Nigo showed up to punch folks.

R2HvdCf.jpg
k6Cmgcp.jpg
B0mw8NY.jpg

Then Ichigo decided to join in.

Iq8KEHS.jpg
qvNZupO.jpg

Also Mook-Tina Belcher. All they do is roll left and right on the ground presumably groaning.
I like naming mooks. :3
V9wy0VF.jpg

This game is too stupid. Why am I hooked so much by it?

vareon

Rider Atsume is very adorable. It needs more Riders though!

Playing it while watching Amazons 8 is one hell of an experience. That's seriously messed up, Goro/Zabee. Like Daredevil level messed up.

shaowebb

Rider Atsume is very adorable. It needs more Riders though!

Playing it while watching Amazons 8 is one hell of an experience. That's seriously messed up, Goro/Zabee. Like Daredevil level messed up.

Do we even know how many are in it? My book keeps expanding. I got

• Ichigo
  • Nigo
  • V3
  • Riderman
  • Amazon
  • X
  • Gaim
  • Sky rider
  • Wizard
  • Beast
  • Mach
  • Decade

and I think maybe a couple more. I missed Agito sadly when he was around.

I've only been playing a day or so and thats how many I've already gotten. I still need to save up and expand the Park size so I can put out more stuff for citizens to play with that will invite more Mooks and monsters to terrorize which in turn summons more Riders depending on what sorta Rider Kibbles I put out.

Game is pretty neat. I even ran into Kamen Rider 3 once as a villain yesterday.

shaowebb

Oh lord, when Fourze shows up he does nothing but headbutt Mooks XD

Rq9MoJA.jpg
e3mlyBj.jpg
u67OTvb.jpg

Also OOO's is here now. Mooks getting fuuuuuuucked up. Hope Ankh is in somehow.

vareon

Do we even know how many are in it? My book keeps expanding. I got

• Ichigo
  • Nigo
  • V3
  • Riderman
  • Amazon
  • X
  • Gaim
  • Sky rider
  • Wizard
  • Beast
  • Mach
  • Decade

and I think maybe a couple more. I missed Agito sadly when he was around.

I've only been playing a day or so and thats how many I've already gotten. I still need to save up and expand the Park size so I can put out more stuff for citizens to play with that will invite more Mooks and monsters to terrorize which in turn summons more Riders depending on what sorta Rider Kibbles I put out.

Game is pretty neat. I even ran into Kamen Rider 3 once as a villain yesterday.

Here's what I have that's not on your list

• Stronger
  • OOO
  • Birth
  • Fourze
  • Meteor (missed him)
  • Baron
  • Drive
  • Ghost
  • Specter
  • Necrom
  • Kamen Rider 3 (missed him)

There's one unknown Rider in Decade's page but I think it's Diend?

I have expanded my park, I'm just placing new items and kibbles and hoping more will come.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
so far it's only 1.0.1g I think

Also Sniper Elite 15

Really good ep and really like Tusk and Leo's interaction. Tusk is slowly not becoming a boring character. Also that fight choreography. Holy shit.

eEVLkCn.jpg

Tiu Neo

I know, right? =/

I'm not buying those anytime soon, but at least I have the possibility now.

Yep. Zyu and Dai were easy to resist, but I love Kakuranger.

But for now it seems they're following the release order, so... next is Carranger, dunno if I can resist that. Still need to watch Ohranger.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 15

Tusk has actually gotten better now. Good.
Leo in that all-white suit. Awesome.
When he mentioned targeting 1000 people, that really sounded like a Grongi plan. But instead of death, they turn into dolls. So how much for the Zyuohger dolls?
"If you're here to milk me" Stop it Mario.

Yamato backstory next week

WarRock

Unmasked Bancho Prince 31
That was unexpected. Not sure about them (re?)introducing even more characters when so much stuff is already happening, maybe this is one of those shows that seen all at once instead of weekly is much better. Anyway, how fucking powerful is Ultima, and why didn't he appeared when Alain and Takeru went to the Ganma world?

Oh, and vitamin C is serious business.

Oh lord, when Fourze shows up he does nothing but headbutt Mooks XD

Rq9MoJA.jpg
e3mlyBj.jpg
I need a perfect loop of this in gif form. The look on the mook's face before the headbutt, haha.

WillyFive

Gaim is the best television show with the Kamen Rider name on it.

It also having great suit design and a fruity toy theme is a cherry on top.

Top Bottom