• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ghost 32

Setting up the final form with a flashback.
Did Specter just unlock a new power? It had a jingle and everything.

Next week though..
They just did this exact plot last season! I know this is a season all about death but come on!

Damn, so they really are skipping toQ?

Looks that way. I can understand why, the suits and Megazords are really unappealing.

vareon

I don't know how I feel about Ghost. Things keep happening, but it also doesn't feel like anything happened at all. So instead of a streak of episodes without anything happened like usual, it's a stream of a lot of things happened without much impact. I'm putting the blame on Takeru, though. It feels like he's just dragged along into conflicts without a goal for himself.

WarRock

Amazons 5
I may really, really, like this show.

Uev7j4k.jpg
QvlflTV.jpg

Tiu Neo

Ghost 32

Yet another plot heavy episode. Finally some backstory on the power's origin.

Oh, it's that time of the year again: The time where the hero dies (in this case, dies even more deader), but gets better. Just like Fourze, Gaim and Drive, heh.

shaowebb

So is Ghost better than Drive at this point or about on par? How does it fair vs W or OOOs?
I never tuned in but I may pick it up at some point.

Tiu Neo

So is Ghost better than Drive at this point or about on par? How does it fair vs W or OOOs?

Drive was better at this point, imo. But Ghost still has potential to get better.

Dunno about OOOs, and I'm still not at that part on W right now, so can't say much.

delSai

That's the best part of Amazons. Different Kamen Rider in story and tone. Ghost isn't my thing, so Amazons covers my KR fix.

Yeah, having 2 completly different Rider shows on at the same time is kinda cool.
I don't want to do anything like a Kamen Rider Top List yet because i've still a lot to watch but Amazons will for sure end up in the top 3, so far i love it.

Drive, Os and W are all better than Ghost imo. Ghost isn't bad, but it could be better and maybe they use the episodes leading up the finale in a good way because i really want it to end in an amazing way. Ghost and Specters suits are some of my favorites and i like their Henshin jingles a lot lol.
It had some good moments that are worth watching for sure and even though i might made it sound like it isn't good i would still say check it out at one point.

WarRock

Amazons 6-7
Nozama Labs security is the worst. Nana getting pissed off while frying the meat for Jin was great hehe. Fucking love how the belt basically supplies Haruke with whatever tool of violence he needs to satiate his blood thirst.

Gaim is the best television show with the Kamen Rider name on it.

It also having great suit design and a fruity toy theme is a cherry on top.
Can't be the best show without having the best characters. And the only good suits in that show are Triumphant Arms and Kurokage :V
It certainly is the best emotional rollercoaster though.

Ghost hasn't gotten to the fireworks factory yet. I'm still watching because I feel like SOMETHING is going to happen. It's at least not as bad as Wizard, but man, it's dragging it's butt for sure.

ReiGun

Ghost hasn't gotten to the fireworks factory yet. I'm still watching because I feel like SOMETHING is going to happen. It's at least not as bad as Wizard, but man, it's dragging it's butt for sure.

Same, but I'm kind of over it at this point. We're halfway through and it feels like we've been in "things are about to get crazy" mode for the last two months. And really, nothing big is happening. Nothing is moving forward.

And then the show is so bad about making the payoff moments feel big. Things like Takeru getting Grateful or Necrom joining up felt so limp when they actually happened. Boost was the last time I felt legit excited about something in this show.

Overall, Ghost feels like a show where every involved in the production has lost interest in the story they were trying to tell. I mean, shit they're still doing the "I have _ days left" thing when Takeru has all the Eyecons. Why is he even still a ghost? They solved the show's main problem so quickly and have struggled to come up with a decent threat or plot to take it's place. So it just feels like we're tredding water.

NeonZ

Same, but I'm kind of over it at this point. We're halfway through and it feels like we've been in "things are about to get crazy" mode for the last two months. And really, nothing big is happening. Nothing is moving forward.

And then the show is so bad about making the payoff moments feel big. Things like Takeru getting Grateful or Necrom joining up felt so limp when they actually happened. Boost was the last time I felt legit excited about something in this show.

I think the Necrom issue is that they wanted to save the big triple battle climax for the episode where he left his hesitation behind and really decided to protect Earth. That battle where he surpassed the time limit of the Necrom suit clearly received much more focus than the first one with the three together.

Overall, Ghost feels like a show where every involved in the production has lost interest in the story they were trying to tell. I mean, shit they're still doing the "I have _ days left" thing when Takeru has all the Eyecons. Why is he even still a ghost? They solved the show's main problem so quickly and have struggled to come up with a decent threat or plot to take it's place. So it just feels like we're tredding water.
Takeru attempted to use the Eyecons but then got blasted for a mysterious reason.

It has been 5 episodes now without an episode by the main writer, and it seems like he won't be writing anything next month either, even though the final form likely will debut two weeks from now. So, maybe there are some backstage problems with Ghost.

They really should have moved forward with the Ganma invasion plot though. Making the only menace be these Ganmizers that don't even leave the hq for the most part is kind of weird. We also just had four episodes using only old Ganma suits, with the newest one appearing 5 episodes ago. And next week also doesn't seem to have any new Ganma suits yet (although I guess one issue could be tied to the other. Maybe we don't get the Ganmizer actually active because they couldn't make new suits for them).

Amazons has been absolutely fantastic in comparison to Ghost.

It's surprising, because it's still very Kamen Rider. Some things are goofy (the extra whine they add to Haruka's bike and the general look of it) and the characters are still rather ham-fisted, but it's not afraid to go hard with people dying or the feel of combat.

ReiGun

Takeru attempted to use the Eyecons but then got blasted for a mysterious reason.
Right, but he wasn't even using them to come back to life. He didn't even think about doing that. Further, the show hasn't really addressed it since it happened. You'd think "we can't use the eyecons to make wishes, ergo, Takeru has to remain dead when his time is running out" would be more cause for concern. But the show isn't really doing anything with it.

They really should have moved forward with the Ganma invasion plot though. Making the only menace be these Ganmizers that don't even leave the hq for the most part is kind of weird. We also just had four episodes using only old Ganma suits, with the newest one appearing 5 episodes ago. And next week also doesn't seem to have any new Ganma suits yet (although I guess one issue could be tied to the other. Maybe we don't get the Ganmizer actually active because they couldn't make new suits for them).
Yeah not much is happening with this Deep Connect plotline. I wish we'd gotten more time in Ganma World, but then, that was only for a rescue mission.

NeonZ

Right, but he wasn't even using them to come back to life. He didn't even think about doing that. Further, the show hasn't really addressed it since it happened. You'd think "we can't use the eyecons to make wishes, ergo, Takeru has to remain dead when his time is running out" would be more cause for concern. But the show isn't really doing anything with it.

That was actually mentioned last week by Yurusen. I think putting that aside for a while worked while they were giving a lot of focus to Necrom's development, but it is kind of weird that it's still going on in a slower arc like the last one.

It's surprising, because it's still very Kamen Rider. Some things are goofy (the extra whine they add to Haruka's bike and the general look of it) and the characters are still rather ham-fisted, but it's not afraid to go hard with people dying or the feel of combat.

It feels like an early Heisei series, which is probably why I like it so much.

delSai

Amazons 8
Good stuff. I was a bit disappointed by how they continued the last scene from Ep 7, could've been really tense and ended up being nothing. The stuff with Mamorou and Nozomi did get tense though and the whole situation they were in felt really dangerous from beginning to end, liked that alot.
Also the way Omega killed the enemy was absolutely ridiculous. New Riders suit looks good as well.

shaowebb

How many episodes are they planning on making Kamen Rider Amazons? I thought it was gonna be a film and I'm all lost now.

BossRush

Man, more Kamen Rider shows need endings like Armour Zone. Whenever that kicks in at the end of a episode it's so good, just fills you with uncertainty and dread at what's to come next.

Akibared

Amazons 8
Good stuff. I was a bit disappointed by how they continued the last scene from Ep 7, could've been really tense and ended up being nothing. The stuff with Mamorou and Nozomi did get tense though and the whole situation they were in felt really dangerous from beginning to end, liked that alot.
Also the way Omega killed the enemy was absolutely ridiculous. New Riders suit looks good as well.

I love how Jin keeps calling Haruka out for his bullshit it's helping him to grow as a hero.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
So ZyuohTheWorld

Apparently dethgalien kidnapped a human and three Zyumen and fused them in a single creature to create their own Zyuohger

Tiu Neo

It's been a while since we had an evil or even antagonistic/not friendly 6th, isn't it? I mean, last three 6ths had a few episodes were they worked for the enemies, but it was more a manipulated/joined with conditions thing, and didn't really change anything, after a couple episodes they were back.

I kinda hope this one is a bit more than that. Naoto and Mikoto are two of my favorite 6ths. (Not expecting it, but would be cool)

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
It's been a while since we had an evil or even antagonistic/not friendly 6th, isn't it? I mean, last three 6ths had a few episodes were they worked for the enemies, but it was more a manipulated/joined with conditions thing, and didn't really change anything, after a couple episodes they were back.

I kinda hope this one is a bit more than that. Naoto and Mikoto are two of my favorite 6ths. (Not expecting it, but would be cool)

Well I got a feeling the Zyumen fused in him will restore his goodness or something.

Only a handful of Gaim episodes left

Spoilers so far
Micchy is a fuckboy
The armor designs are so fucking good
I'm glad the dancing is gone (for now)
The Kimawi arms design is so fucking good
I want Kimawi and Baron figures but god damn their expensive

Mr-Joker

Banned
So ZyuohTheWorld

Apparently dethgalien kidnapped a human and three Zyumen and fused them in a single creature to create their own Zyuohger

I was already enjoying Zyuohger but hearing that just makes me excited to see that happening.

Only a handful of Gaim episodes left

Spoilers so far
Micchy is a fuckboy
The armor designs are so fucking good
I'm glad the dancing is gone (for now)
The Kimawi arms design is so fucking good
I want Kimawi and Baron figures but god damn their expensive

At the start Micchy was my second favorite rider then as the show progressed he quickly got replaced with Kaito.

Jaeger

Just watched Drive in it's entirety for the first time. Fantastic. Gave me the feels. Wonderful character development ON ALL SIDES. The character and monster design is fantastic. I can thank Takayuki Takeya for the monster designs. They need to just let him come back every other year and design the monsters for each show.

Definitely my favorite Rider series since Kabuto.

delSai

Getting close to finishing Agito, just 5 episodes left.

Just watched Drive in it's entirety for the first time. Fantastic.

Drive has to be the only show ever that i've watched all of in like 4-5 days. I usually take my time with those things but with Drive i just couldn't stop watching.

WarRock

Getting close to finishing Agito, just 5 episodes left.

Drive has to be the only show ever that i've watched all of in like 4-5 days. I usually take my time with those things but with Drive i just couldn't stop watching.
Are you enjoying how much Gills suffers for your entertainment?

Top Bottom