• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

me said:
lttp here. Is it me or did Ghost end a bit short?

me said:
Can I get a confirmation TokuGAF? Just curious.

... Ok TokuGAF, am I crazy? Ghost is still running but, I am seeing Amazons. I haven't taken the time to watch any of them yet, I just wanted to know the details on each.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 17

I liked the MOTW gimmick. The solution was pretty ingenious, too.

Za Warudo... is OP, just like almost every sixth at their introduction. I'm sure he'll be nerfed when he inevitably joins, but right now his moveset and arsenal are cool and varied. The voice is great, too.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
... Ok TokuGAF, am I crazy? Ghost is still running but, I am seeing Amazons. I haven't taken the time to watch any of them yet, I just wanted to know the details on each.

Ghost is still going. Going to keep going until October. Amazons has a few episodes left in Season 1 with a Season 2 on the way.

New Sentai in February. New Rider in October.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
so the world is the second coming of gaosilver? i can dig it. and fly fishing is his basic method of attack is dope

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I remember how Gao Silver randomly used a pool stick as his weapon, Toku heroes with mismatched weapons are always the best.

Amazons is not a traditional Kamen Rider show. It runs on Amazon Prime in Japan and is intended for older viewers. Ghost is a traditional Kamen Rider show. It runs during the Super Hero Time block and is for kids.

Ghost is currently on episode 34. (Of 47-52 episodes, it's variable.) Amazons is currently on episode 10, of 13.

We should hear about the next traditional Kamen Rider show soon. That will replace Ghost. Amazons will be getting a second season on Amazon Prime in April 2017.

BatDan said:
Ghost is still going. Going to keep going until October. Amazons has a few episodes left in Season 1 with a Season 2 on the way.

New Sentai in February. New Rider in October.

MHWilliams said:
Amazons is not a traditional Kamen Rider show. It runs on Amazon Prime in Japan and is intended for older viewers. Ghost is a traditional Kamen Rider show. It runs during the Super Hero Time block and is for kids.

Ghost is currently on episode 34. (Of 47-52 episodes, it's variable.) Amazons is currently on episode 10, of 13.

We should hear about the next traditional Kamen Rider show soon. That will replace Ghost. Amazons will be getting a second season on Amazon Prime in April 2017.

Oh ok. That's actually pretty cool. I was sort of confused. Thanks for clearing that up. Doing a 33 ep KR is pretty much unheard of even Hibiki went longer than that.

Jeffrey

hmmm any suit leaks of any more riders for amazons besides the 3? fate of
mamoru
could be decided from that... but there is s2.

hmmm any suit leaks of any more riders for amazons besides the 3? fate of
mamoru
could be decided from that... but there is s2.

The season ends at episode 13. They really don't have much time for another Rider, unless it's an evil one-shot Rider. And that Rider would most likely just be a recolor, like Sigma.

Tiu Neo

I'm betting everything on Mamoru
dying. But if he becomes another rider, it'll be only on season 2.

And look what just arrived here!

Ckdb-TbXAAAlz38.jpg:large

Found it for kinda cheap. Got Kamen Rider 2 with his bike too, but they sent it just yesterday.

EDIT: Started watching Goseiger. 10 episodes in, it's not the best, but it's kinda cute. Reminds me a lot of ToQger.

Jaeger

Holy shit at episode 10 of Amazons. Finally caught up.
Sigma
is fucking awesome.

And for some reason, Amazons reminds me of 80's Guyver OVA.

0M7ssBC.png

Jeffrey

Anyone watching the current power rangers season? Noticed the first 'half' is on netflix. I hear it was well received when it started, haven't heard much about it recently.

BatDan

Anyone watching the current power rangers season? Noticed the first 'half' is on netflix. I hear it was well received when it started, haven't heard much about it recently.

Dino Super Charge is kind of in a weird spot. It's had some good episodes and moments, but also some kind-of rushed & half-assed ones.
Endorf's counterpart (Singe) is great, as is original villain Heckyl.
Hopefully the post-hiatus episodes are better. Fucking Nickelodeon...

BatDan

Ghost 34

I'm liking Mugen. Something really regal about it. ... Too bad we barely saw it in action as it showed up in the last 30 seconds! What the hell Toei?
At least we got some big plot details in the beginning. The Great Eye and the original plan for the Ghost Eyecon. Though the Sage and Eadith's similarities are still an open matter...

Tiu Neo

Ghost 34

Backstory on the eyecons, finally. Also, a bit more on the Ganmatrix, and final form revealed.

Didn't expect this to be a funny episode. And not just Onari's part! Makoto and Alain dreams were... heh, perfect for the characters.

Jaeger

I had the same thought as well.

Seriously. We have the young ignorant kid given a power he knows nothing about and unwillingly thrown into a war. (Guyver 1/Amazon Omega)

We have the powerful formerly aligned with the big enemy character who is really in this war for his own goals and just uses the ignorant kid as a tool to get his way. Constantly threatens him while he is at it. (Guyver 3/Amazon Alpha)

The monsters are artificially made by a big corporation. (Cronos/whatever the company's name is in Amazons)

The enemy grunts are monsters who hide among normal people. (Zoanoids/Amazons)

The Riders are reminiscent of the Guyver units. Kid keeps discovering new abilities left and right. He also seems to "lose control" for various reasons often. Alpha is a mirror to Guyver III. Knows his power and how to use it. Sigma is similar to characters like Guyver II for obvious reasons, sans having a glaring weakness of some kind. And similar to other characters like Guyot/ZX-Tole as he was resurrected from the dead and stronger than ever before.

There are other parallels too but I am half awake. Guyver in of itself is a homage to Kamen Rider in of itself.

Holy shit at episode 10 of Amazons. Finally caught up.
Sigma
is fucking awesome.

And for some reason, Amazons reminds me of 80's Guyver OVA.

0M7ssBC.png

We need some sort of Amazon organization to make the Guyver connection fully there. Hyper-Amazons in Season 2?

Jaeger

We need some sort of Amazon organization to make the Guyver connection fully there. Hyper-Amazons in Season 2?

I'm down with that. Have a Zoalord warp reality and invade the world of the Amazons. Would be an epic crossover. I'll have to just use some figmas and figuarts in the meantime lol

Tiu Neo

Amazons 10

What's a good way to get rid of all the Amazons?
Make more Amazons, of course! But with dead people, what could go wrong?

...I'll miss Mamoru, and... what? Wait. Didn't expect that in this series.

Yeah, Haruka won't die, but damn.
Can't wait for the next episode.

BatDan

Amazons 10

Man, the brutality just gets higher and higher. Right through the torso.
Something tells me Tlaloc will be interrupted, the plan won't go through.

Mamoru might die next episode. But we'll see

Jaeger

Amazons 10

Man, the brutality just gets higher and higher. Right through the torso.
Something tells me Tlaloc will be interrupted, the plan won't go through.

Mamoru might die next episode. But we'll see

I have a feeling he will survive until the second season.

I love this show.

Jeffrey

it's kinda surprising that this infinite form looks pretty similar to Wizard's infinity form in terms of 'texture'.

I assume there will be a joke about this in the next all rider movie?

ahdurian

Found this on twitter:

Huh. Maybe sprsk can tell if it rings true, but that's really cool. The twitter mentioned (if I'm not mistaken) Takeru is going backwards on a funeral process as he gains more forms.

i don't mind taking this explanation for his powers, since I was wondering what the hell was up with the visor in Infinite

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Found this on twitter:

Huh. Maybe sprsk can tell if it rings true, but that's really cool. The twitter mentioned (if I'm not mistaken) Takeru is going backwards on a funeral process as he gains more forms.

Mindblown.gif

Yeah basically it's a Japanese funeral process in reverse, having had to partake in two, I can say it's right (though the car one isn't very common, usually its just a normal hearse).

vareon

Mindblown.gif

Yeah basically it's a Japanese funeral process in reverse, having had to partake in two, I can say it's right (though the car one isn't very common, usually its just a normal hearse).

Thanks! That is mindblowing. Do you have any idea why the hearse one is called Grateful? I tried searching but all I found is a Japanese hearse is called reikyusha.

This answers my confusion as to why is Grateful so thematically different than the other forms.

I might check this out.

http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/06/garo-ashura-pro-wrestling-special-air-july
Following the end of the currently airing Garo: Makai Retsuden, a one-off TV special featuring members of the New Japan Pro-Wrestling league will air. The special will feature Togi Makabe and Hiroshi Tanahashi, who has previously appeared in the music video for “Life is Show Time”, the Kamen Rider Wizard opening theme and who famously wore a Kamen Rider W themed suit to a match years ago. Tanahashi will be portraying a Makai Knight.

The Garo: Ashura special will air on July 1st.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
Thanks! That is mindblowing. Do you have any idea why the hearse one is called Grateful? I tried searching but all I found is a Japanese hearse is called reikyusha.

This answers my confusion as to why is Grateful so thematically different than the other forms.

I'm guessing greatful is a pun on that. "Gu-rei-to-furu"

In other words, "full of good souls", "ful" is an english word ending Japanese people understand so it would't be surprising that that's part of the pun. "Gu" could be a thumbs up or "good" rei obviously being souls.

it could also be a reference to the greatful dead, but that might just be a coincidence. Which is funny now because that's initially what I thought it was, and just that. Never underestimate the pun power of tokusatsu, I guess.

Xisiqomelir

After years of meaning to, I finally borrowed my friend's DVDs and am going through Kamen Rider Black.

It's so fucking great, and I'm not just saying that as a child of the era. The plotline is coherent! The hero is compelling! The action is intense!

Top Bottom