• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

SaviourMK2

I'm so behind on Zyuohger and Ghost by 5 and 4 episodes respectivey.

I'm spoiled by Amazons and love the more gritty/adult approach. I might take this time to invest in GARO.

Any advice on which season to start with

Tiu Neo

After years of meaning to, I finally borrowed my friend's DVDs and am going through Kamen Rider Black.

It's so fucking great, and I'm not just saying that as a child of the era. The plotline is coherent! The hero is compelling! The action is intense!

Yes! The only problems I have with it are the kinda weak supporting cast (which RX kinda fixed, at other costs), and one plot point that was dropped at the ending of the series, at least on the dub I watched.

For once Youtube comments had a point. What if Kiva got the Amazons treatment?

Ohhh, that would be a pretty good fit.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 18

Beaten so bad they got PTSD. Good thing they recovered from it enough to beat weird card alien.
Man, The World's human form looks emaciated. I hope this isn't due to Japanese standards of beauty or something.

Can't wait for ne- DAMN YOU GOLFGOM!

NeonZ

Drive is kind of odd because, in spite of the show being police themed, the name and designs just have a general racing theme.

For once Youtube comments had a point. What if Kiva got the Amazons treatment?

Later Inoue would still be writing it. The First, The Next and Shougeki Gouraigan all show his attempts at adult writing, and it'd be a failure just like them.

vareon

I want Ex-Aid to be a G3-like Rider with one hero and a supporting operational team behind, but I guess Drive is kinda like that..

Drive is kind of odd because, in spite of the show being police themed, the name and designs just have a general racing theme.

Urobuchi came into the series with Samurai/fruit theme already decided. I guess it's the same with most writers and some of them decided not to go with the obvious theme/story connection.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 18

Of course the villain gives the heroes the time they need to recover and beat him. At least the PTSD part and they getting over it was well made. And The World was nerfed a bit, already. In a few episodes he'll be fightning at the same powers as the others.

I like how Sela's power is a Sonic Spin Dash. And Wurufu is back.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ambulance Rider is what I've heard, seems a bit too similar since we just had Drive though this is just rumors for now---it could be totally different.

Should have the Driver trademarked soon which might clear things up.

NeonZ

It'd be also really odd because Drive's merchandising didn't sell well, so it makes no sense to double down on it, especially when they haven't done that with something more successful like Fourze or Gaim.

It'd be also really odd because Drive's merchandising didn't sell well, so it makes no sense to double down on it, especially when they haven't done that with something more successful like Fourze or Gaim.

It was kinda of weird, but I feel like we have to wait and see what happens.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
it's just ab anniversary one-off thing, but Kamen Rider G

latest

BatDan

No idea what to expect with Ex-Aid. Once the collectable comes out we should get a better clue.

EDIT: Also, India (of all places) is getting Dino Super Charge episodes early. Be on the lookout for spoilers.

Tiu Neo

Could you imagine if Ex-Aid is basically Kamen Rider Winspector? That's would be the fucking best.

Yes! But it sounds more like a medic/ambulance thing instead. Well, let's see when they trademark some of the toys.

EDIT:

Amazons 11

Kinda glad Mamoru didn't fight last episode, no way he would survive that injury, not being the main character. Ultra-regeneration powers, eh? Nice.

Nice to see both Kamen Riders fighting together, for once. Mamoru getting the final attack was a nice touch.

Tlaloc next episode?
Also, Cannibal Mamoru, oh god, this won't be pretty.

Jaeger

Amazons 11

Kinda glad Mamoru didn't fight last episode, no way he would survive that injury, not being the main character. Ultra-regeneration powers, eh? Nice.

Nice to see both Kamen Riders fighting together, for once. Mamoru getting the final attack was a nice touch.

Tlaloc next episode?

Poor
Mamoru
He's got a taste for human flesh, now. Great way to bring that in.
Great writing this show has. And dammit, I really liked
Sigma. I hope they find a way to bring him back. His Belt is intact. Maybe they will clone him?
;_:

Yes! But it sounds more like a medic/ambulance thing instead. Well, let's see when they trademark some of the toys.

EDIT:

Amazons 11

Tlaloc next episode?
It's going to be ugly.

Looks like Zero: Dragon Blood is coming out next year.
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/06/zero-dragon-blood-air-2017/
Here is some info from Rei Fujita.
Starting from Black Blood and now Dragon Blood, I think that now I can say that I have entered a brand new stage, together with Mr. Amemiya and the staff. It will be something I’ll treasure forever. I am positive we have created something really good. I want to thank everyone. It is a very Zero like work. It certainly belongs to the GARO universe and feels as part of it, but after all Rei Suzumura has gone through and all his development, something new and original was born. Filming may have ended but now it is time for refining details and adding effects. I look forward to what becomes in the end when we all see it on air.

Tiu Neo

Poor
Mamoru
He's got a taste for human flesh, now. Great way to bring that in.
Great writing this show has. And dammit, I really liked
Sigma. I hope they find a way to bring him back. His Belt is intact. Maybe they will clone him?
;_:

My hope was that
maybe Mamoru would inherit it. But, well, yeah.

BatDan

Amazons 11

So much for Sigma. Though there has to be something more advanced down the road (at least for Season 2)
Oh shit, Mamoru no. Someone's going to die from his appetite.

delSai

Amazons 11

The scene where Mamoru paid the team was fantastic. Too bad that
Sigma is out already
That ending though.. nonono please don't. I hope this shit turns out well, but i kinda doubt it lol. Too bad because he's kinda my favorite character in Amazons.

Tiu Neo

Ghost 35

Well, this series theme is pretty good for reusing old monster costumes, I guess. And ok, the dream world was funny. Onari, as always, is the best. Takeru's powers are getting stronger, I guess, eh?

And Igor is... dead? Well, he'll be back. They always are. And now, with enemies coming back again, and again, even the ones that were defeated "for good"... well, it gets a bit too repetitive. The Ganmaisters are not menacing anymore, with the final form.

BatDan

Ghost 35

Mugen too stronk. I imagine it will be nerfed soon, or have a side-effect that keeps Takeru from using it.
That dream world bit was odd. The reused monsters are making me realize how cheap this season is. Maybe they're saving up for something big with Ex-Aid?

NeonZ

Ghost 35

That dream world bit was odd. The reused monsters are making me realize how cheap this season is. Maybe they're saving up for something big with Ex-Aid?

The main issue is that most monsters were killed in one episode, rather than two. Ghost actually has a pretty high number of monster suits (IIRC, around 28 currently).

BatDan

The main issue is that most monsters were killed in one episode, rather than two. Ghost actually has a pretty high number of monster suits (IIRC, around 28 currently).

Huh... I guess the monsters just seem to run together. Feels like there's a lot less.

NeonZ

Ghost's monsters are pretty memorable to me, but it's mostly because I followed the discussion and speculation about their historical inspirations. If they had actually been just object based I guess I wouldn't remember most of them.

Zynx

Ghost 35

Mugen too stronk. I imagine it will be nerfed soon, or have a side-effect that keeps Takeru from using it.

Not just yet. Mugen will be shown off to be super awesome for a few more episodes to sell the toys first before a dilemma, if any, shows up.

Jeffrey

Do remember the last kamen rider with an Infinity form was broken OP.

Ultimate defense + ultimate speed.

Don't think wizard infinity was even damaged at all until the finale.

Top Bottom