• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Jaeger

I really hope all of the Amazons do.

VEEDM3X.jpg

Alpha and Omega are already confirmed. Just need Sigma (and thus, Omega's non Driver Belt form) to be confirmed next.

Xisiqomelir

Yes! The only problems I have with it are the kinda weak supporting cast (which RX kinda fixed, at other costs), and one plot point that was dropped at the ending of the series, at least on the dub I watched.

Thanks man, looking forward to RX after this.

I'm going to base all other watching decisions after that on this YT henshin compilation, which means I'll need to see most of the Showa ones (espec Amazon and Stronger) and none of the Heisei ones except Faiz and Gaim.

Tiu Neo

Thanks man, looking forward to RX after this.

I'm going to base all other watching decisions after that on this YT henshin compilation, which means I'll need to see most of the Showa ones (espec Amazon and Stronger) and none of the Heisei ones except Faiz and Gaim.

Well, that's a way to choose what to watch, haha. But don't ignore Heisei, there are a lot of good series there, even if you are a fan of older Toku.

Xisiqomelir

Well, that's a way to choose what to watch, haha. But don't ignore Heisei, there are a lot of good series there, even if you are a fan of older Toku.

Yo, also found while I was futzing around on YT was this sick scene from Taisen GP. Is the movie full of spoilers? I haven't watched any Faiz beyond ep 1 yet, but I don't really care about Blade or Den-O.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I raise your henshin compilation with this

includes side characters, power ups, and other people being the same rider

only goes up to kachidoki arms tho

JLynn

Speaking of Black RX, has it and Spielban been completely fansubbed? Would love to compare and contrast between them and the English localizations. It was amazing to finally see Metalder in its entirety.

NeonZ

Yo, also found while I was futzing around on YT was this sick scene from Taisen GP. Is the movie full of spoilers? I haven't watched any Faiz beyond ep 1 yet, but I don't really care about Blade or Den-O.

GP's plot is a "villains do something that changes the timeline and heroes need to bring back the original world", so there aren't real spoilers because it mostly takes place in an alternate timeline. The only spoilers there are for the original Rider series, because the divergence starts right after the final battle, and the beginning of the movie shows it.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I realize why I don't like sigmas suit. It's that lack of polish compared to alpha and omega. It sticks out like a sore thumb to me. It's like looking at another attempt at Rey

Xisiqomelir

While I'm asking you all questions my friend says since I like Black and Hellsing I'll probably like Garo.

Is S1 a good place to start?

Also how much adult content is adult content? Should I not watch it with my nephew (10)?

Tiu Neo

Just finished Kamen Rider W.

One of the best for sure. Maybe a bit lower than Fourze and Drive for me, but not by much. Great theme, setting,, Shoutarou and Phillip are two of the best main characters.

Aki... was ok at first, but got old fast. One of the weaker points of the series.

The ending was another. The final villain (up to ep. 48) was kinda eh.
They either shouldn't have killed Phillip, or should have kept him dead for good. Bringing him back made the whole last episode - which was already not that good - pointless.

While I'm asking you all questions my friend says since I like Black and Hellsing I'll probably like Garo.

Also how much adult content is adult content? Should I not watch it with my nephew (10)?

I would advise against watching it with your nephew and the first season is a good start for the series overall.

Boss Doggie

Just finished Kamen Rider W.

One of the best for sure. Maybe a bit lower than Fourze and Drive for me, but not by much. Great theme, setting,, Shoutarou and Phillip are two of the best main characters.

Aki... was ok at first, but got old fast. One of the weaker points of the series.

The ending was another. The final villain (up to ep. 48) was kinda eh.
They either shouldn't have killed Phillip, or should have kept him dead for good. Bringing him back made the whole last episode - which was already not that good - pointless.

The general concensus I've seen is that people ignore the ending.

And honestly,
it would have worked better especially when you consider Philip's actor's unavailability and general indifference towards the franchise.

jonjonaug

If you liked Black and want to watch a show with your nephew I'd recommend Gaim instead.

Jaeger

I realize why I don't like sigmas suit. It's that lack of polish compared to alpha and omega. It sticks out like a sore thumb to me. It's like looking at another attempt at Rey

I really like Sigma. His appearance is the most biological and oragnic in nature out of the three riders. While the other two's Belt forms are more like suits (especially Omega). They have defined gloves and boots and it's off putting to me. Omega is worst offender of this and he has a literally mask/helmet that does not appear to be organic in nature at all. I was especially thrown off by the part where he was supposedly biting someone.

Omega's design works in the context of another show but not this kind, IMO.

Boss Doggie

so this is the current rumor for Ex-Aid (the source is the guy who successfully leaked Shinkenger onwards in 2ch)

7UrShIS.jpg

...huh, so I wasn't too far off with kids using drugs lol

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Amazons 12

Man, nobody came out of this alright. Jin has lost his mind, Mamoru nearly killed one of his friends, giving into his animal nature, and it seems Haruka is tipping off the edge too.
The president of Nozama is crazy too. Reika is all "I'm surrounded by lunatics!"
Anyone think that gold bracer will end up unlocking a super form for Haruka? I know this is the "adult" show but it's still wants to sell toys. I can see a super form happening.

Final episode next week.
It doesn't look like Jin will survive.

Tiu Neo

Amazons 12

So, the other bracelet shows up in some form. And Haruka's mother had some kind of contact with Jin, somehow. And yeah, we knew the president was fucked up from the last episode, but good getting some... confirmation? I wonder if he isn't an Amazon too.

Ok, and now Mamoru is fucked up too. Maybe the other bracelet will keep him under control, but... eh, hard to say. Dunno if there is any way back for him now. Well, he'll be important on the next episode.

Jin is also looking like a goner, at least from the preview. You know, this episode would be a lot more tense if we didn't know a second season existed.

Amazons 12

So, the other bracelet shows up in some form. And Haruka's mother had some kind of contact with Jin, somehow. And yeah, we knew the president was fucked up from the last episode, but good getting some... confirmation? I wonder if he isn't an Amazon too.

Ok, and now Mamoru is fucked up too. Maybe the other bracelet will keep him under control, but... eh, hard to say. Dunno if there is any way back for him now. Well, he'll be important on the next episode.

Jin is also looking like a goner, at least from the preview. You know, this episode would be a lot more tense if we didn't know a second season existed.

They really should've announced that a bit later than what they did.

Tiu Neo

They really should've announced that a bit later than what they did.

Yep. Maybe AFTER the season ended. Or at the end of the last episode. We know at least one, probably more of them will survive, now.

Of course, surviving is not necessarily a happy ending, so...

Anyone think that gold bracer will end up unlocking a super form for Haruka? I know this is the "adult" show but it's still wants to sell toys.

That would make some sense with the original series, at least. Amazon became stronger when he equipped his second bracelet. Kinda like a super form, but without a different form.

BatDan

Ghost 36

Idols... there are times I feel I'm too old for this. Whenever Idols appear is one of those times.
Sooo what are the three things Alain is fighting in Sanzou's training? Some Chinese reference?
The Makoto doppelganger is interesting. ... What happened to Javert?

NeonZ

Ghost 36

Idols... there are times I feel I'm too old for this. Whenever Idols appear is one of those times.
Sooo what are the three things Alain is fighting in Sanzou's training? Some Chinese reference?
The Makoto doppelganger is interesting. ... What happened to Javert?

Sanzo/Sanzang's party from Journey to the West - Son Goku/Sun Wukong, Cho Hakkai/Zhu Bajie (pig) and Sa Gojou/Sha Wujing.

Amazons 12

Man, nobody came out of this alright. Jin has lost his mind, Mamoru nearly killed one of his friends, giving into his animal nature, and it seems Haruka is tipping off the edge too.
The president of Nozama is crazy too. Reika is all "I'm surrounded by lunatics!"
Anyone think that gold bracer will end up unlocking a super form for Haruka? I know this is the "adult" show but it's still wants to sell toys. I can see a super form happening.

Final episode next week.
It doesn't look like Jin will survive.

Spoilers possibly for the next eps based on the next episode preview if I'm right:

The order of events looks like him breaking down and fighting with Haruka and then his partner visiting him as he has a normal face. It looks like the conclusion/he lost and survived, just as the president predicted some would. So I really don't think he's going to die.

After a bit of a break, I finally caught up with Ghost and started Amazons.

Amazons is that good shit.

Ghost is kinda eh. Alain and the side characters save the show. Takeru is dull as dishwater, same with the villains. Adel is basically just standing around waiting for the results of plans and the Ganmeisers are just around. Coming off of Drive with Heart, Brain, Medic, and Nira, this is a huge step down.

BatDan

Sanzo/Sanzang's party from Journey to the West - Son Goku/Sun Wukong, Cho Hakkai/Zhu Bajie (pig) and Sa Gojou/Sha Wujing.

I figured it was Journey to the West with the monkey sounds, but I wasn't sure about the others.

Mr-Joker

Banned
Ghost is kinda eh. Alain and the side characters save the show. Takeru is dull as dishwater, same with the villains. Adel is basically just standing around waiting for the results of plans and the Ganmeisers are just around. Coming off of Drive with Heart, Brain, Medic, and Nira, this is a huge step down.

Yeah Ghost is stuck in a rut and I am just waiting for the plot to kick in.

NeonZ

Ghost's main writer hasn't written an episode since the end of April now. It kind of feels like the show went into a holding pattern afterwards. I guess there was Necrom's development in the arc right in the beginning of May, but everything afterwards has felt kind of pointless.

Even the debut of the final form and the destruction of some Ganmizer didn't seem to make the plot move forward, just setting up stuff for later.

So, I guess he might be busy writing the movie and is taking a break from the tv show, but will return and so the remaining writers can't take the story in their own direction, or if there has been a writer change, it feels like we're in a situation like Decade's, where for a while there was no replacement main writer and so the show came to a halt plotwise until Yonemura took over in the last 6 episodes. Although, either way, hopefully we'll see the show actually heading towards something soon.

Tiu Neo

Ghost 32

Eh, another kinda fillerish episode. Well, it was a funny one at least. Onari and Akari were pretty good on this, and I would tottaly watch an Onari spinoff. Alain's funny scenes are also always pretty good.

Also, Dark Makoto? Seriously? Someone in this series has a fetish for using Makoto as a villain. At least the clone saga thing can be intertesting, I guess.

-----

Ghost as a series...

While I don't dislike the characters, Takeru and Makoto are a bit boring. Alain's brother is... nothing. Onari is the MVP, Alain is pretty good since he turned sides, and Akari is a mixed bag, but most of the times is a nice complement to Onari.

The two main things I'll miss from this series are Onari and the OP theme by Kishindan. It's not a bad series, it's just also not good, just kinda eh. Wish the plot started moving forward soon, it's kinda like ToQger, that while things happen, they don't actually go forward in a meaningful way. The final form is there pretty much to sell toys, and wasn't as important as Drive's, for example. Maybe they should tone the extra and mid forms a bit next season, and invest in more Riders, or another gimmick.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wanna like Ghost though, it's not Wizard-tier where I just don't care for it...Onari keeps me watching and I think the fight scenes have gotten pretty nice lately.

Some of the individual plot-of-the-week episodes are fun too, like the recent Dreamland one. But yeah, fuck Adele and the Ganmeisers, weakest villains ever.

Boss Doggie

Nekrom will get his Sanzorangers soon

also I bet the CEO in Amazons would become the ball demon thing in Amazon

Top Bottom