• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Tiu Neo

Nekrom will get his Sanzorangers soon

also I bet the CEO in Amazons would become the ball demon thing in Amazon

Oh, the Ten Faced Demon? Would be cool, I liked him more than the final villain from Amazon.

That + Virus, it's videogame based? Eh, we'll probably get more info in the next two months.

Ok so I dropped Drive and Wizard. Maybe I'll pick Drive back up another time but I don't think I'll continue with Wizard.

Den-O seems promising though. 5 episodes in

Tiu Neo

Ex-Aid needs a Pachinko-themed villain.

A Gaming themed Rider had to happen at one point, it makes too much sense.
Make dem Namco crossovers happen.

Now we just need a Ninja Rider! Maybe in a few years, when the target doesn't know who Ninninger was.

Me when the guest star of Kamen Rider Drive Saga - Kamen Rider Chase showed up.

lBYwEDm.gif

WillyFive

I don't think I'll ever come back to Drive, I don't see what's so great about it. It's a weaker and weirder version of W.

Den-O however is a classic. It's one of the must-see Kamen Rider shows.

Sandfox

I don't think I'll ever come back to Drive, I don't see what's so great about it. It's a weaker and weirder version of W.

Drive has some of the better Heisei Rider villains and unlike most Rider shows it actually gets better as it goes on rather than getting worse.

Drive is dependent on how much you jam with the Roidmudes as villains. They're stronger than Drive's heroic cast.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Drive has some of the better Heisei Rider villains and unlike most Rider shows it actually gets better as it goes on rather than getting worse.

Drive is dependent on how much you jam with the Roidmudes as villains. They're stronger than Drive's heroic cast.

This. The Roidmudes made the show. It's nice to see villains with plenty of character growth.

It just shows how weak Adel is on Ghost. He's just a dick and doesn't do anything.

javadoze

The roidmudes were kinda... eh? They had their moments, but felt mostly underutilized and meandering until Banno came into the picture as a third faction.

vareon

Adele's face being plastered on every Ganmeiser body is dumb.

I really don't understand why they make this instead of having masked villain or something. It looks really stupid and didn't bring anything to the story. I guess they're trying to look somewhat creepy? Hibiki's Douji & Hime swapping voices is much creepier.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Hmm... Not the amazing anniversary teamup I was expecting, but I'll take it.

...Though I wonder how they'll explain away
the very dead one
being there.

in this version they're zyumen apparently, and so I laugh at the possibility of dinosaur zyumen existing

also hilarious theory that Anubians were former earth zyumen who went to space long ago with their furry cube and populated Anubis

Does that mean we're gonna get human versions of them?

no champ cube no human

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
in this version they're zyumen apparently, and so I laugh at the possibility of dinosaur zyumen existing

also hilarious theory that Anubians were former earth zyumen who went to space long ago with their furry cube and populated Anubis

no champ cube no human

TV logic doesn't apply to movies

NeonZ

Hmm... Not the amazing anniversary teamup I was expecting, but I'll take it.

...Though I wonder how they'll explain away
the very dead one
being there.

no champ cube no human

The text seems to suggest that they might be just cameos (like background appearances), rather than having any real role. It's teasing the reader though, so there might be something bigger than that.

Boss Doggie

yeah just appearances, but I'd still take that just to see my favorite character (Doggie obviously)

Xisiqomelir

Finished Black. The show is just phenomenal. I really wish I'd seen it while it was airing and I was exactly in the target age range. Going straight to RX after this! Kurata is just too boss.

Thanks for Garo protips toku-bros! Guess I'm watching that on my own

Boss Doggie

So is the really old Kamen Rider stuff still enjoyable to watch? I want to check out V3 at some point.

as long as you recognize its age, it's fine

just prepare for Kamen Rider Scouts, easily the most fun-sucking thing the Showa shows have

Just caught up with Zyuogher and I'm enjoying it. I skipped Ninninger and Toqger was literally putting me to sleep everytime I watched it, but this is intriguing. The Villains are great as well.

Finished Black. The show is just phenomenal. I really wish I'd seen it while it was airing and I was exactly in the target age range. Going straight to RX after this! Kurata is just too boss.

Thanks for Garo protips toku-bros! Guess I'm watching that on my own

Good to hear. I hope you enjoy Garo as much as I did.

NeonZ

So is the really old Kamen Rider stuff still enjoyable to watch? I want to check out V3 at some point.

V3 gets very enjoyable in the last 10 episodes, once Riderman appears, but beforehand it can get fairly stale sometimes. The first half of the show uses 2 parters, rather than done in ones, but they keep reusing some elements (like V3 attempting to protect people who don't believe that the monsters exist, aside from some child who saw it) which can get rather tiring. The episodes in the 30s have some really goofy villains, but I actually like them just for how ridiculous they are.

My favorite Showa series are Stronger and Skyrider. The boisterous arrogant main character carries Stronger during the first 13 or so episodes, which are very episodic, and afterwards it starts giving tons of focus to really entertaining villain in-fighting, which only increases and becomes more relevant later. Unlike the other Showa series, in the 2nd half of the show, most episodes lead from one to the next. Then the final arc is a big team up with the previous first six Riders - it's also the last time a big gathering like that had every single actor appearing.

Skyrider's protagonist is more bland, but the show's first 8 or so episodes are fairly dark, with a couple of surprising stories coming up very early in the series too. Afterwards, it becomes lighter, but starts upping the action and pyrotechnics, as well as building up the enemies, eventually leading to Stronger's return by episode 20. After that point, about half of the episodes are team ups with previous Riders, including the final arc.

Top Bottom