• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

SPOILERS FOR AMAZON 13
RAW IS OUT

MAJOR SPOILERS AHEAD FOR THE LAST EPS OF AMAZON

DON'T CLICK THIS SHIT IF YOU DON'T WANT SPOILERS

Basically, everyone survives lol
Mamo gets the golden thingy and it keeps his hunger in check
Nanaha and Jin are alive, with the latter fighting Haruka and then going off saying he'll continue the hunt while Haruka still wants to save amazons all day
Joking dude still doesn't have a hand

delSai

Close to finishing Decade... just got to the Amazon part. Oh boy.

as long as you recognize its age, it's fine

just prepare for Kamen Rider Scouts, easily the most fun-sucking thing the Showa shows have

I think i can deal with the age, i'll give it a watch once im done with the other stuff i wanted to see.
No idea what the Scouts are, but i think i can imagine it lol

V3 gets very enjoyable in the last 10 episodes, once Riderman appears, but beforehand it can get fairly stale sometimes.

Thanks for the in-depth post dude. Do you have an opinion on Super-1? Thats another one i'm interested in.
Jeez there's still so much to watch..

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
No idea what the Scouts are, but i think i can imagine it lol

remember how in shows like Sun Vulcan, you got those kids running around being part of the plot? yeah imagine a group of them being actually more in KR

I know Stronger and Super 1 have them

Tiu Neo

Fourze is...good. Like, really, really good. I don't know why I hesitated to watch it.

My favorite KR, can't really point many negative things about it. Will watch again someday, for sure.

Close to finishing Decade... just got to the Amazon part. Oh boy.

Now that... ugh. Decade is already a kinda weak series, imo, but those episodes were a special kind of bad.

The original series was... ok? Had some problems, but was fun. It didn't deserve those episodes.
Amazons, on the other side, is awesome, and everyone should watch it.

delSai

Man this fucking Enrique Sakamoto guy. Those 2 Amazon episodes were a fucking mess. Kinda glad that i only got 1 more episode to watch before starting Kabuto.

Wash the pain away with Amazons. Seriously.

Oh don't worry i've been watching Amazons already. Can't wait for the season finale.

NeonZ

I liked the 2 Decade Amazon episodes because showing a world where Shocker had won is an interesting way to show their overall goals and methods, and it's something that can only be done with Decade's alternate world set up (or time travel) . Although nowadays that concept was reused twice by the movies...

But, yes, the AU Amazon actor was by far the worst cast member in the entire show.

SaviourMK2

Fourze is...good. Like, really, really good. I don't know why I hesitated to watch it.

It was my first Kamen Rider, yeah the first episode I was like "ehhhhhhhhhhh" but then I was all caught up with Gokaiger and I wanted to watch something else so I gave Fourze another shot and HOT DAMN! It was great

I wanna watch X soon, imply because.... Starfish-Hitler:

latest

NeonZ

It was my first Kamen Rider, yeah the first episode I was like "ehhhhhhhhhhh" but then I was all caught up with Gokaiger and I wanted to watch something else so I gave Fourze another shot and HOT DAMN! It was great

I wanna watch X soon, imply because.... Starfish-Hitler:

latest

X only has HK subs past the first five episodes though. It's kind of bizarre how it's likely the darkest Showa series plotwise (half of the time the world seems to exist just to shit on Keisuke, and it happens over and over, rather than just in the first episode), but then the 2nd half of the show has that really goofy looking group of historical villains, even tough it's all supposed to be the same enemy group. In spite of being goofy looking through, they're generally taken pretty seriously (aside from the Rider anniversary episode).

Thanks for the in-depth post dude. Do you have an opinion on Super-1? Thats another one i'm interested in.
Jeez there's still so much to watch..

Super-1 also only has HK subs too. The first half of the show is good, especially if you aren't bothered by episodic stuff. Alongside the martial artist theme, which is even used for the monster of the week and some minor recurring supporting characters too, not only Super-1 himself, it's also the Showa series that focuses the most of the cybernetic side of the cyborgs, with scenes involving routine maintenance, or a future monster of the week being shown what components that will be used to enhance his body. The final few episodes and climax of the first half are pretty great. The hand change gimmick isn't used much though, and when it's used it's always in fairly repetitive ways, like the power hand being used to lift stuff rather than fight.

The 2nd half of the series introduces an entirely new villain faction and brings back the Rider Scouts. It's a big drop in quality compared to the first half. The new villains are really goofy and often get scenes about them bickering in their hq for silly reasons - it'd be basically like having the Imagin from Den-O as villains. The monsters in this 2nd half are just random object themed robots, and most don't follow the martial arts theme from the 1st half. The Rider Scouts get way too much screentime sometimes and it has even less plot than the first half too. There are still a few good episodes though, like one where Super-1 discovers another dimension with a human colony controlled by Jin Dogma. The one improvement is that the hand changing is used in more creative ways, like the Radar Hand and Power Hand being used for fighting.

Fourze is excellent. The second half of the season is a little weak in parts but overall it's a damn good show.

Fourze's biggest strength is the cast. It's biggest weakness is the Riders and their upgrades, which are frankly kinda boring.

I could watch the Kamen Rider Club all day though.

NeonZ

makes you wonder why Rider Scouts are around

Rider Scouts were for pointless children self inserting (even some of the shows that didn't have them, like Black, rather than that had a child of the week as the victim every single time) but also merchandising like caps, the pendant/medal/communicator, licensed bikes and tricycles. I don't remember the bike stuff in V3, but it was both in a couple episodes of the original series and in Super-1's 2nd half. At some point between the Showa and Heisei eras the producers finally noticed that actual children don't really like those pointless brats though and used other ways to throw in extra merchandising.

Boss Doggie

I guess children nowadays prefer collectibles, and eventually licensed caps, bikes, etc. were gonna be sold anyway regardless whether the show promotes it or not

WillyFive

Fourze's biggest strength is the cast. It's biggest weakness is the Riders and their upgrades, which are frankly kinda boring.

I could watch the Kamen Rider Club all day though.

I love the concepts, weapons, and themes for all Fourze Riders (except for Meteor Storm). Although that's probably because I am a big fan of NASA stuff, and Fourze is pretty much a space shuttle.

shaowebb

I miss the Chou Climax Heroes style Kamen Rider fighting games :(

I wish they'd go back to making them so I could rock me some Chaser.

Boss Doggie

so yeah

Alain's sis becomes a recolor Nekrom who is an ally

you could pretty much make a Super Sentai team with Nekroms at this point lol

Oh and
they really remove any doubts of Sage and Magister being different/the same, magazine outright says they are different and Magister has an Ultima

Looks like Adel
will combine Ganmizers

delSai

Okay so fuck Decade, it really went nowhere and what the hell was with that "ending"? Ugh.

Kabuto seems pretty cool so far, watched 4 episodes. Full Force is an amazing song.

I kind of agree, although I love Meteor's entire concept. And his driver and Henshin are now among my favorites.

Hell yeah. Meteor is badass.

I miss the Chou Climax Heroes style Kamen Rider fighting games :(

I wish they'd go back to making them so I could rock me some Chaser.

Battride War is fun but i'd take a "Kamen Rider All-Star Battle" over it for sure.

NeonZ

Okay so fuck Decade, it really went nowhere and what the hell was with that "ending"? Ugh.

Decade's ending got very derailed to market the two final movies, but it's a big mess even with them since the 2nd movie was heavily changed during production. You at least watched the special version of 31 rather than the original, right? The original doesn't even lead up to Movie Wars 2010 proper due to all production changes.

so yeah

Oh and
they really remove any doubts of Sage and Magister being different/the same, magazine outright says they are different and Magister has an Ultima

Nah,
they might still be the same. It's not "outright stated", people are just assuming that now because he's shown facing Takeru's father. But that scene seems to be before the Eyecons were even made, considering Musashi's design, so I don't think it confirms anything.

javadoze

Kamen Rider Drive is full of clunky-looking designs, but now I think the new Kamen Rider Heart handily takes the cake.

The new Mach form looks pretty decent, though.

vareon

Sooo I just saw the scans of Dark Necrom P and Kamen Rider Extremer for the movie. Ghost is channeling Wizard a wee bit too much, eh?

Kamen Rider Drive is full of clunky-looking designs, but now I think the new Kamen Rider Heart handily takes the cake.

The new Mach form looks pretty decent, though.

I liked the helmet, but in general I dislike haphazard kitbash of costumes, ew.

Jeffrey

How is netflix voltron? Never seen the original, but I love me giant combining robits.

The pilot seemed ok, but 1 hour eps might be a bit much, seems its 30min for others tho?

The last two Wizard episodes are a better Decade ending than Decade was. Also, better than the rest of Wizard.

How is netflix voltron? Never seen the original, but I love me giant combining robits.

The pilot seemed ok, but 1 hour eps might be a bit much, seems its 30min for others tho?

Very good. Being on Netflix means, they don't have to worry about every episodes covering all the bases, so it's a very serial story. Hell, Voltron doesn't even appear in every episode.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 19

The World has been conquered *gets hit with a brick*
Misao still looks like he needs to eat.

What was up with the Panda? That was so out of nowhere even by Sentai standards. Even Amu was questioning how that worked.

"Send in your dance" YES! I have no idea why they didn't do this last year.

javadoze

So it seems Kamen rider Ex-Aid will be unveiled in the next issue of Televikun that hits stores August 1st (probably going to be leaked before then).

Well, that was quick.

Tiu Neo

Kamen Rider Heart looks... ehhh... at least it's better than most Drive's forms? Mach Biorider looks ok.

I wonder if Alain's sister will actually join, or it'll be just a temporary/sacrifice/throwaway character or something like that.

Kabuto seems pretty cool so far, watched 4 episodes. Full Force is an amazing song.

Kabuto is cool, when it's not a mess. Gattack is my favorite secondary rider by a good margin.

EDIT:

Zyuohger 19

TheWorld is a good way of making monsters return next week. I wonder how the enemies will ramp up their power after TheWorld joins, since TheWorld is the best they have to offer right now.

And... that was fast. TheWorld reminds me a bit of GaoSilver. Could be interesting if he doesn't join for some time, but eh, doesn't look like that.

Amazons Season 1 End

Can't lie, it was a bit sad seeing the team disbanding. That reunion part was also pretty good.

Haruka's suit is looking a lot... wilder? With the scars. Nice detail that the scars in his armor also go to his body. Dunno how he got them, since he has regenerative powers, but eh. Maybe it's some Tlaloc side effect or something like that. Jin's makeup... was not really well made. I mean, it kinda looked like decomposing, but it also looked like they just glued some wet paper on him. It's interesting to see how their roles were pretty much reversed from the begining of the series, with Jin being the wilder one.

And then... That rain scene was kinda stupid. I kept thinking "STOP, THEY WILL DIE IF YOU HOLD THEM LONGER". But then, Haruka did nothing to... save themselves, heh. The power of a dramatic scene.

The revelation of Haruka's origin was... what? I wonder what that ending means. He is in full control now? What about Mamoru?

The ending was not bad, per se, but I can't stop imagining it could be better if they didn't have a second season. Well, let's see... next year?

WillyFive

Amazons was not very good.

It's not good compared to past Kamen Rider shows, it's not good next to Sentai's own adult spin-off Akibaranger, for a show not based on toys the character designs did not match their use in the story, the show always looked terrible (especially with that ever present SyFy channel green tint), and even worse than all that, the terrible writing. Reminds me a lot of Kamen Rider Dragon Knight with gore.

Top Bottom