• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

NeonZ

so zyuohger...

it shows
orange zyuoheagle, new ranger or upgrade?
also octopus cube
We can post toy guide/pamphlet pictures, because they aren't magazines. Just linking them though to avoid spoilers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/SuperSentai_Zyuohger_ZyuohBird_zpsqdj9ei5i.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/SuperSentai_Zyuohger_Dodekaioh_zps976tgalk.jpg

Zyuoh Bird, new hero. Probably that Bird Zyuman played by Kusaka's actor.

Jeffrey

so all the old zords make... the feet?

Well its been a while since the final mecha actually combined everything so yay I guess?

Still wish bandai can team up with hasbro for some sentai mecha someday.

Feel like transformers figured out how to do some sick transformation yet have full posability too.

WillyFive

Guessing the old bird comes back and takes back his powers from Red; so I suspect a two episode arc and then things go back to normal with old bird mode being Red's powerup.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
The yellow phone also is unique to ZyuohBird. I guess he really is Kusaka! They better put a 913 easter egg.

Also we should have seen it all along, Bird Man wears orange clothes.

Whoa, that all-mecha combination looks even lazier than ToQger's. Good job I guess?

It might look good in-show. Most of Zyuoh's stuff look crap in merchandise but look fine in-show.

Delio

We can post toy guide/pamphlet pictures, because they aren't magazines. Just linking them though to avoid spoilers

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/SuperSentai_Zyuohger_ZyuohBird_zpsqdj9ei5i.jpg
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v176/NeonZ/SuperSentai_Zyuohger_Dodekaioh_zps976tgalk.jpg

Zyuoh Bird, new hero. Probably that Bird Zyuman played by Kusaka's actor.

4QHdulE.gif

What is even that final combo? Really not feeling it at all toy wise.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, apparently Ghost is doing pretty good---higher ratings than Drive and Gaim and the toys are selling well enough it won an award or something. Well, so claims the Kamen Rider General on /m/.

Maybe kids like the faster plots and looser style without some of the drama Gaim and Drive had? Personally I watched Gaim and Drive weekly and never missed an episode the day it was released and browsed the /m/ thread regularly to keep up to date on scans but with Ghost I've slacked off a bit and am a few episodes behind and haven't kept up with spoilers, though I guess that makes it "fresh".

I'm excited about Ex-Aid though and hope it's more to may taste.

Boss Doggie

Ghost is pretty meh to me, but I guess the toys cling to the children due to the yokai-watchiness of it

Tiu Neo

Decade was pretty bad, but it still had my favorite moment from the Rider Shows i've watched so far.

Hibiki episodes were by far the best part of Decade. The only thing that maybe comes close are the Black/RX episodes. They made me watch Hibiki, actually.

In the end, I would even say that those episodes are better than Hibiki as a series, which was cool, but had some big problems.

Tiu Neo

Ghost 39

She-Necrom fought for like... 30 seconds. Yay? She'll probably be back, in some form or another, but bad "debut".

Meh episode.

delSai

In the end, I would even say that those episodes are better than Hibiki as a series, which was cool, but had some big problems.

Oh man really? :/ Hibiki was the one i was looking forward to the most actually. Was supposed to be my second Kamen Rider right after Gaim, but i pushed it back a lot.
I'll still watch it obviously but that kinda hurts my hype. Probably for the best in the end.

NEO0MJ

was worth it at launch. fantastic collector's item if you dug mmpr2 and/or dairanger.

Yep. Only ever Megazord I want as much is the Shogun. I don't think Bandai would take that challenge on though and might Skip to Zeo instead after the release of Ninja.

Speaking of Ninja, I'm surprised by how much cheaper it is.

Jeffrey

Yep. Only ever Megazord I want as much is the Shogun. I don't think Bandai would take that challenge on though and might Skip to Zeo instead after the release of Ninja.

Speaking of Ninja, I'm surprised by how much cheaper it is.

well nothing about the ninja megazord seems as detailed and complex as the dragon in the thundermegazord lol.

Man I just want a legacy version of the In Space ship. Hopefully they get around to that some year.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Ghost 39

It's obvious from the start that her dad is in the Glitchy Ganmeiser and the Ganmeiser is in her body. Seems like a waste of time.

When's Ex-Aid?

Jeffrey

I'm so behind on recent ultraman. Which seasons are worth watching?

Huh, seems like orb is finally done with the spark doll stuff?

javadoze

Ultraman Orb 1

Pretty decent start to the show. The SSP being a more unofficial Science Patrol team and Gai having already become the host to Orb and knowledgeable in general is a nice change of pace (I've only watched Ginga and X at this point, though).

Also, it's nice that Crunchyroll's simulcast first episode is already available for free members.

Tiu Neo

Oh man really? :/ Hibiki was the one i was looking forward to the most actually. Was supposed to be my second Kamen Rider right after Gaim, but i pushed it back a lot.
I'll still watch it obviously but that kinda hurts my hype. Probably for the best in the end.

It's best if you don't go hyped for it. I like it, it has a different... atmosphere, than other series, but it has some big problems, imo.

delSai

Is Garo Yami o Terasu Mono worth watching? The guy that played Ryoma in Gaim is in it, and that guy is great plus i want to try something that's not Kamen Rider.

I assume i can watch Ultraman Orb without knowing anything about the older Ultramen?

It's best if you don't go hyped for it. I like it, it has a different... atmosphere, than other series, but it has some big problems, imo.

I will keep this in mind so that the disappointment wont be that big.

vareon

Is Garo Yami o Terasu Mono worth watching? The guy that played Ryoma in Gaim is in it, and that guy is great plus i want to try something that's not Kamen Rider.

I assume i can watch Ultraman Orb without knowing anything about the older Ultramen?

I will keep this in mind so that the disappointment wont be that big.

It's the best Garo to me. It had great choreography, but all the transformed fights are all CGI.

Hibiki explores a student/mentor relationship rather than action or story (Hibiki remains the oldest main Rider). The first half of the series almost feel like it's not Kamen Rider at all and I really loved it.

Tiu Neo

Hibiki explores a student/mentor relationship rather than action or story (Hibiki remains the oldest main Rider). The first half of the series almost feel like it's not Kamen Rider at all and I really loved it.

Yes! I think this was very well done, even if the series was a bit too slow to go forward at times.

The second part isn't bad, made the plot go a bit faster, but I don't really like the way they did a lot of things. Some of the pacing was kinda bad, imo.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Surprised we're getting so many unique Ganmaizer suits (who looks really cool despite being shitty villains), it seemed like the fact they took on Adele's appearance was a way for them to skimp out on making new suits.

Argos is like the most punchable villain in all of Kamen Rider history. Not even Albino Joker dude was this bad.

vareon

They could've made Ganmeisers mysterious figures in hood or cool mask, but someone had the idea to copypaste 12 Adels for some reason. Mayne they're trying to make it creepy but neither the actor nor the special effects deliver that.

Yes! I think this was very well done, even if the series was a bit too slow to go forward at times.

The second part isn't bad, made the plot go a bit faster, but I don't really like the way they did a lot of things. Some of the pacing was kinda bad, imo.

Yeaj, I wonder how I would feel about the series if I had to follow it weekly.

Tiu Neo

They could've made Ganmeisers mysterious figures in hood or cool mask, but someone had the idea to copypaste 12 Adels for some reason. Mayne they're trying to make it creepy but neither the actor nor the special effects deliver that.

Yeaj, I wonder how I would feel about the series if I had to follow it weekly.

Yeah, I was watching it one episode a day and some things felt like they took forever. And then there were a lot of build-ups that didn't really pay off, so maybe it would be too frustrating.

Well, at least Zanki and Todoroki would still make it worth to watch.

Boss Doggie

I wonder how legit this is

>When using the Zyuoh Changer Final, the Bird Zyuman, now known as Claude (Claw?) becomes Zyuoh Bird. However, Claude still holds an alternative motive and fights the Zyuohgers for the other Champion Titles. With his Zyuoh Cubes, Cube Octopus and Cube Condor, he takes over the other Zyuoh Giants as means to steal the cubes.

I mean, it's a bit too "wish fulfillment I want bird man to act like a Sentai-version of Kusaka"

EDIT

LMAO HOLY SHIT THAT EX-AID SUIT LOOKS HIDEOUS, LIKE A PURPLE EATER MAN

KingDirk

My google skills are failing me...if anybody wants to PM me what we're all upset about, would be grateful.

EDIT: Oh my. That is indeed bonkers. I won't say no, though. (Thanks BatDan!)

Tiu Neo

Yeah, it's a bit early to judge the costume, before we see them in action.

And even if it's not great in action, well... Drive and Fourze were good series. If anything we can be optimistic.

vareon

Gigabeetle retweeted me and my timeline's on fire. I hope it's true, I just wanted to see how the world reacts.

The same day gaming Rider leaked, Nintendo announced NES rerelease. Amazing.

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock
That design is fucking hilarious.

Just search twitter for エグゼイド

Top Bottom