• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

javadoze

At what point do we start getting rumors w/r/t producers, etc?

Seeing how the Ex-Aid's official magazine reveal is August 1st. There'll probably be news in a week or two (Ghost's production info was available when its official site went up at the end of July last year).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
oh so they are not forms? whoa

KNIGHT IS RPG! GIVE HIM TATAKAE POWERS

what does the SD form represent

vareon

Okay, I'm sorry for posting a lot but I'm really hyped lol. Full scans are ready and here's what I can make sense of:

There are five Kamen Riders:
- Ex-Aid (Action Gamer)
- Brave (Quest Gamer) --> RPG
- Snipe (Shooting Gamer)
- Racer (Bike Gamer) --> THIS IS THE BIKE. THE BIKE TRANSFORMS INTO A KAMEN RIDER
- Gunmu (??, he's Action Gamer too. Like a darker Ex-Aid)

Gamer Driver is universally used, they transform using a "Gashat" which is some kind of a cartridge with handles.

The weapons are Gashacon Breaker, Gashacon Sword, Gashacon Sparrow, and Gashacon Magnum. There's a Gashacon Bugvisor and I have no idea what this is.

Each Rider has 4 (possibly more) Levels of upgrade.
Level 1 is the SD form
Level 2 is the base (unless Racer which is a bike)
Level 3 is base form + add ons
Level ?? is still silhouettes.

It's completly bonkers. I love this.

Boss Doggie

Holy fuck the drivers have mini-games you can play as when you plug them into the tv, and Ex-Aid's weapon has an AB button that looks like a mallet with a pop-out blade!

"- Racer (Bike Gamer) --> THIS IS THE BIKE. THE BIKE TRANSFORMS INTO A KAMEN RIDER"

this is like a reverse Accel

AUTO VAJIN!

Tiu Neo

The main suit looks a bit better not in toy form.

But still, both RPG and Shooter look better, heh. It's... kinda growing on me? And what the fuck is that SD form.

This will be... different, won't it? I hope it does shake the KR formula up a bit.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
So, uh, I guess the Chibi Form is gonna be like that one Den-O film where the kid transformed into it? Neat.

Slayven

b3b1e9f77714a6a8971c49f62033706e.jpg

Boss Doggie

well this is new for Rider

Hero is named Emu. He's a brilliant computer game user who designed the Bugsters to help augment game play. The Bugsters go out of control so he creates the Gashats to transform. The Bugsters call him "father".

talk about changing the whole "hero uses powers of enemy or has origins of the enemy"

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Brave looks a lot like Silver Chariot.

Actually all of them remind me of Stands, especially some of the latter more mechanical designs. Not to mention they're even colored sort of Araki-style.

WarRock

Chibi form looks SO GOOD! The UI on the chest is interesting too. Bike is mainly... yellow? Wait, the bike is an actual SD Gundam, with knight motif and all? Whaaaaaat. This is getting Gaim levels of reveal.

I still hate the pupils.

Jeffrey

Interesting that you can connect the driver to a TV and play games with the collectables.

It's sad how in Sentai's entire history there's only one red that was noticeably buffed out (Ryo)

I guess its probably hard to have buff toku actors when they all are barely paid.

They really should go on that mcdonalds diet like that fitgaffer for the gains.

WarRock

I guess its probably hard to have buff toku actors when they all are barely paid.

Man, that reminds me that as soon as The World appeared shirtless I thought "holy crap, someone give this man some cheeseburgers".

Tiu Neo

Oh man this actually sounds pretty cool. I hope this is the second coming of Gaim.

I hope it uses the other Riders a bit better than Gaim, and has a better non-Rider cast :p

Would be nice if the main rider wasn't too OP, compared with the others, for the others most of the series.

I didn't know this thread existed!

I really wish at some point someone could get decades head writer to sit down and simply do a tell all on what the original plan for the series was that doesn't just boil down to "All riders was the original ending"

Jeffrey

Oh man this actually sounds pretty cool. I hope this is the second coming of Gaim.

idk, i actually hope this season is focused on gaming stuff, unlike gaim which really wasn't about fruits :p

Wonder if there will be any licensed partnerships with sony or capcom or nintendo or any other jp gaming companies?

Well Ryo's actor (and the rest of Dai's main five) was already part of the JAE when they were picked for the roles so I guess that's why he could manage to be different.

vareon

The Level ?? forms are activated with Dragon Knight Gashat, which gives them the Hunter forms. Ex-Aid will be Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Hunter Action gamer. He...He becomes a Monster Hunter.

Tiu Neo

idk, i actually hope this season is focused on gaming stuff, unlike gaim which really wasn't about fruits :p

Wonder if there will be any licensed partnerships with sony or capcom or nintendo or any other jp gaming companies?

Well, Ex-Aid's visor is pretty much Banpresto's logo :p

javadoze

I think the Ex-Aid design has now circled around for me that it's now going full ham with reckless abandon and I love it

...Now watch this have a darker plot than Gaim..

Tiu Neo

I was saying that earlier! I wonder if it's intentional.

Need to know who's writing this.

Yeah, I did see some RTs about it on Twitter, but since I don't really know how to read Kanji, couldn't understand if they said anything or it was just comparing. Probably the second, or we would have heard something about that by now.

Do they make Rider games? Maybe it's just refering to that, or maybe they'll make a KR game.

Top Bottom