• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

delSai

This suit could work if they dont take the show too seriously. If they try to be all cool and mysterious or whatever it would just seem really dumb imo. Keep it weird, quirky and all that and it might work. Kinda like Akibaranger. At least thats what i think Akibaranger is, i only saw the opening lol.

Still, not a fan of Ex-Aids design. But yeah, bad suit doesn't mean the show itself will be bad.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I don't really care about cool looking suit designs, I want a good show with good props.

Zyuogher has some ridiculous stuff (like the bright yellow fishing rod), but it's the best sentai since Kyoryuger.

I say let it be that stupid.

Slayven

I hope the second rider is based on wastern game, and 3rd rider on RPGs

design is cool, the color palette looks like the 90s threw up on him.

Jeffrey

what was last good rider show with cool designs?

kiva being good is debatable but I did love the suits and monster designs.

Before that, probably kabuto?

vareon

It said "Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Action Gamer Level 2". I want his forms to be based on genres. His final form will be Kamen Rider Ex-aid Dark Souls form.

Amazons.

"Cool" and "good show" is really subjective, though. Everything looks stupid at first, but as the series goes we realize that "it works" and nobody feel it looks stupid anymore.

WarRock

If that Ex Aid is true, the only problem I have with it is the head. Pupils? Weird ass painted mouth/mustache? Generic shonen lead character hair from the 90s? Why?

Body looks good, as does the palette - giving it the benefit of doubt since colors always appear fucked in those pictures. What REALLY intrigues me are the SNES buttons on his chest (isn't that too oldschool?) and... the shape on his neck/back. Is that a backpack? A hood?

Drive.

I will defend Fourze's costume until I die
We are friends now.

KingDirk

Only design I hated in Drive was Type Formula. Type Tridoron was really good. Ma-Ha! was the obvious king though. We need more scarves

8 more episodes of Den-O to go on my end.

Why did Yuuto try to stop Ryotaro from being Den-O when he was sacrificing his own memories in the first place?

WarRock

Even if you dislike Drive itself (and Protodrive), Type Tridoron, Mach and the movie suits are fantastic. Pre Rider suit Chaser is great, too.

Also, Chaser-W.

Jeffrey

It said "Kamen Rider Ex-Aid Action Gamer Level 2". I want his forms to be based on genres. His final form will be Kamen Rider Ex-aid Dark Souls form.

Amazons.

"Cool" and "good show" is really subjective, though. Everything looks stupid at first, but as the series goes we realize that "it works" and nobody feel it looks stupid anymore.

I love gaim, but every suit outside of kachidoki and base zangetsu looked stupid period.

Jeffrey

Yeah you know what, it's a travesty they barely used Zangetsu

sword and shield is just so badass that its a shame that its basically just zangetsu and Xtreme that had it.

I'm guessing s+s isn't really popular in japan lol.

The worst is when zangetsu got a powerup and... got the same stupid bow everyone got.

People hate Fourze's costume? Are they seeking help?

The basic was decent, not great.

But every other form?
tumblr_m59yq4oB1a1qd37umo1_1280.png

Goddamn hideous.

Jeffrey

fourze's suits were silly, but it fit the tone of the show.

Would have been weird seeing edgelord wizard doing uchuu kitta.

WarRock

But every other form?

Goddamn hideous.
What's bad about Elek and Fire States? Specially Elek. I like Magnet too but I can see what people dislike about it; also not going to try and defend Cosmic, but I'm also used to final forms/mechs in toku being an eyesore.

Also, WHEN did Rage wore that edgy armor crap, damn. Tiger luchador mask is so good.

Tiu Neo

But every other form?

Goddamn hideous.

Yep, that's what I wanted to say. Basic was ok, I guess, not a fan of the helmet shape but the suit works. The other forms... ugh.

Drive, the tires made them all look hideous. Well, except for Tridoron, which was ok at at... and fucked up the helmet. Mach is great, Chaser is.... eh.

Still, my two favorite riders.

javadoze

Ex-Aid (Level 2?) looks like... uh... something? I can appreciate how barebones the suit is, but the colors are all over the place. The breastplate with the pseudo-SNES buttons are a nice touch and the hair (like from a previous rumor) looks out of a 90s fighting game character design.

Definitely the most un-Rider-like design in awhile to me, at least

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
By the way, we actually had a legitimate leak concerning Ex-Aid a few weeks ago...

This seems to more or less match the description

With a recent trademark registration of Kamen Rider Ex-Aid's arsenal, new rumors for the series surfaced from 2ch, which revealed the Rider's possible suit design.
Take these rumors with a grain of salt!

Kamen Rider Ex-Aid's civilian identity is rumored to be a 24-year-old resident physician. Once he transforms into Ex-Aid, his Rider suit is similar to a fighter character in a fighting game. The helmet's compound eyes are in a shape of goggles with a pupil-like design in theme, and a spiked hair. The suit is pink and green with geometric shapes in it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Yeah, probably his "base form" and we're seeing one of the upgrades---guess he might have a more linear style of form changes which might be a nice change.

WillyFive

They are really downplaying the Kamen Rider design formula with this latest one. It's still there, but it's very abstract and everything else about the suit distracts from it.

I imagine it will look less Osmosis-Jones-level when we see it in a picture that is not of a plastic toy.

I will defend Fourze's costume until I die

Fourze is one of the best designs in the show's 45 year history.

RangerBAD

Are they talking about Hwoarang from Tekken as the fighting game character? Based on that drawing I can't think of the possible influence.

NeonZ

Yeah, probably his "base form" and we're seeing one of the upgrades---guess he might have a more linear style of form changes which might be a nice change.

The "action gamer" bit makes me think that won't be the case and we'll see multiple forms. The level number might be something like the lockseed numbers, where the initial form changes had an internal ranking system (Durian (LS-12) > Orange (LS-06) -> Acorn (LS-03) -> Walnut (LS-02) -> Pinecone (LS-01), referenced in the show as A ranking to D ranking) that was quickly made irrelevant when the actual upgrades arrived.

Top Bottom