• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

vareon

Yeah, the actual translation doesn't mention Emu (M? dunno) making the Gamer Driver or Bugsters calling him father. It's really interesting though.The current synopsis is pretty generic.

Going from Ex-aid's design, I'm hoping Emu to be the brave and foolish type (think Gentarou). But Rider don't always match their personality, heh.

delSai

Ultraman Orb 1+2

My first Ultraman! The first 2 episodes were fun to watch. I like that the main crew of characters are trying to make money off their internet videos, the fighting scenes in the sets they build are really cool as well, don't have that in Kamen Rider. The gimmick of fusing 2 of the old Ultramen is cool too. I will definitely continue to watch.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
but that sounds more like a prodigy child if he's a rider and we assume the current age of riders are young adults

javadoze

Apparently Sakamoto is directing Ex-Aid.

Good news if that's the case!

Sakamoto's directing and a possible Rider vs Rider series would be a match made in heaven. One of the lamer parts about Gaim were the unmemorable fights, only a handful of them actually being interesting.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Furries 21

at first I thought Misao being a wimp would get old but holy shit today's ep is hilarious, especially with how he interacts with Tusk (who doesn't seem to suck now)

also I am glad they are keeping his "furries in his mind" antics

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 21

Man, this season is still going strong. Haven't had this much fun with Sentai since Kyoryuger.
Misao is a joy to watch, and we got some character development for Tusk. Glad he's getting better now.
Damn you Golfgam for depriving us of so much Zyuohger.

Next week:
Misao is KILLER QUEEN!

*looks up* Sakamoto is doing Ex-Aid? Yes!

Tiu Neo

Sakamoto's directing and a possible Rider vs Rider series would be a match made in heaven. One of the lamer parts about Gaim were the unmemorable fights, only a handful of them actually being interesting.

Oh yes, this has everything to be a great season.

Please, be good. ;_;

Tiu Neo

Rewatching Drive with a friend (who didn't watch it back when it aired)... Hey, they did foreshadow some things.

Sakamoto did direct what before Ex-Aid?
Edit: Guess i can't read. Gaim? Anything else?

Not Gaim. The fights would be better with him, I think, heh.

Kyoryuger, some movies (W movie, for example). If you see a lot of wire-fu, slow motion and explosions on a toku movie/episode, it was probably directed by him.

WarRock

Zyuohger 21
Damn, that was a cool use of Sela's Beast Unleashed. And one could say that this week's finisher was... out of this world.

PS.: I want a t-shirt with "The Rhino was right" now.

javadoze

Zyuohger 21

-Whoa, they finally made use of Amu's tasting ability.

-I really dig Misao's addition to the team. His delusions with the three zyumans are also pretty funny.

-Also..
wWe3oWC.jpg

SYMMETRY! BEAUTIFUL TEAM POSE SYMMETRY! (No, seriously, going through all of Ninninger with StarNinger ruining the symmetry of the team pose bugged the hell out of me.)

-The second verse of the ED adding in the other Zyumans is wonderful (still needs dancing Kusaka, though).

Jeffrey

He did that crazy fourze movie where they go to space.

That one crazy fight where he basically goes through every switch lol.

Carranger

Go-Onger
Gekiranger (more serialized with a more serious backstory but lots of lighthearted moments especially the red ranger and his antics)
Carranger
Megaranger

If you enjoyed Yasuko Kobayashi's (head writer of Den-O amd ToQger) work you might also enjoy some of her other sentai work:
Shinkenger
Gingaman
Go-Busters
Timeranger

Abaranger. It's my favorite sentai exactly because the contrast between dark and silly is so... contrasting. When it's silly, it's really silly.

Gokaiger and Kyoryuger. OOO and Fourze. Gekiranger and probably Carranger fits the bill too.

For recent lighthearted shows, I'd recommend Kyoryuger, Kamen Rider Fourze, and Kamen Rider Double.

Welcome to both of you!

I'd jump to Kamen Rider W and Kyoryuger next.

Thanks for all the recommendations, everyone! If i missed quoting you in this post, my bad. I definitely have a lot of options for what to watch next after I finish Drive.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 21

Misao is still great. Glad to see the three Zyumans are still on his mind. The Rhino knows it.

And the Deathgalien really love making people prisioners, and not doing anything to them, don't they?

Tiu Neo

Hey, remember that Superhero Year thing Toei was doing?

KR1 movie and Amazons was it? Did they drop it? The logo is still shown on the episodes, so...

I just hope we see anything Sentai. Even a Zyuohger vs Super Sentai movie would be a nice surprise at this point. :(

NeonZ

Sakamoto directing the next Rider seems too good to be true. He has been absent from Toei toku for a while.

He directed 4 Ghost episodes already, so it wouldn't be out of nowhere.

Hey, remember that Superhero Year thing Toei was doing?

KR1 movie and Amazons was it? Did they drop it? The logo is still shown on the episodes, so...

I just hope we see anything Sentai. Even a Zyuohger vs Super Sentai movie would be a nice surprise at this point. :(
The SHY site is still up and updating. The next project announced for it is going to be Kamen Rider Ex-Aid though. There's a countdown to the beginning of August with his faceplate. They probably will announce the eventual Zyohger Vs movie through it too, although at this point it seems like Sentai will get no special projects out of this.

Top Bottom