• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

I'm not crazy right? This is Dino Charge Blue?

CoviKq7UEAAKNx8.jpg

He does this a lot.

Tiu Neo

New Zyuohger AND Ghost on Monday? What kind of sorcery is that? O-T always does great work, but this week in special, whoa.

ANYWAY.

Zyu 23

Hmmm, new enemy that is searching for someone, or something. It's probably the power up, or maybe tips on another enemy? Good way to reuse monsters, too.

Also, good to see one of the stronger new enemies survive after it's debut episode. Hope he's better than the Western Yokai.

Next episode will be interesting.

Ghost 42

Final form was nerfed. Well, it's better this way, I guess.

Well, at least that "Deep Specter can be dangerous" thing wasn't just bullshit. I thought they would completely drop it.

...that revelation. Didn't expect it to be that way at all, heh. But you know, a lot of this would be better if the Sage explained himself even a bit better before. Eh, gotta have some secrets, I guess?

So... dad could summon spirits, eh? And I like how they mirrored the situation with past and future, but at the end Adel didn't accept the offer. I guess he's the big bad, at the end? You know, even with all it's faults, I think this can have at least a good final arc.

delSai

I wasn't able to watch a lot of stuff the last few days, but man the few more Blade episodes i've watched made me love Tachibana. He's the best.

Tanahashi is a big Kamen Rider fan.

That kinda explains why he shows up in those two Kamen Rider Music Videos.
Aside from getting paid
That just makes him even more likeable!

It will. Probably slightly better looking, but it will, it is Level 1 after all.
It's likely that the Level 1 SD forms are all suits like that.

That's good. I love how dumb they look.

Tiu Neo

Ghost x Drive

I did write a lot about it, but... it's kinda not needed. Awful nonsensical plot, but some cool scenes.

Chief x Sage, Gen + Onari, and Kiriko fighting were cool. (Drive Spoilers)
Chase returning for a while and interacting with Gou was cool, too.

OH, they missed one Ninja Turtle. And Takeru and Shin should at least have recognized each other, that was after Drive's last episode.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Kamen Rider Ghost & Drive: Super Movie Wars Genesis

That... was not very good.
Why the time travel? What was the point?
While I do appreciate that it's one continuous story as opposed to two different stories that converge into one, it felt padded at points. Like the return of the Roidmudes that was overall pointless, and Chase coming back even though da Vinci's plan should have stuck to the evil Roidmudes. Even though the main three turned good before dying... You know, I'm hearing that the person who wrote this had no Kamen Rider experience at all. That explains a lot.
How was Makoto immune to the slowdown? He didn't have a Shift Car or Signal Bike? Are the Eyecons just as useful in that aspect?

I guess this was a slightly different version of Boost that said "Dad" instead of... whatever Boost said before. I forget.

It's a shame since last year's Movie War was so good.

NeonZ

How was Makoto immune to the slowdown? He didn't have a Shift Car or Signal Bike? Are the Eyecons just as useful in that aspect?

He's technically a Ganma at that point, so it makes sense that he can't be weighted down. Although I doubt the writer was thinking about that.

Sandfox

Kamen Rider Ghost & Drive: Super Movie Wars Genesis

That... was not very good.
Why the time travel? What was the point?
While I do appreciate that it's one continuous story as opposed to two different stories that converge into one, it felt padded at points. Like the return of the Roidmudes that was overall pointless, and Chase coming back even though da Vinci's plan should have stuck to the evil Roidmudes. Even though the main three turned good before dying... You know, I'm hearing that the person who wrote this had no Kamen Rider experience at all. That explains a lot.

I guess this was a slightly different version of Boost that said "Dad" instead of... whatever Boost said before. I forget.

It's a shame since last year's Movie War was so good.

Well they needed an excuse to bring the actors back lol. That's why resurrection stories happen like every year for both Sentai and Rider.

NeonZ

There wasn't much point to the resurrected Roidmudes here though. They barely had screentime. I guess a Movie Wars with no returning character is rare, but usually it's just one (Ankh in OOO's, Nadeshiko in Fourze's, Koyomi in Wizard's, Ryoma in Gaim's) rather than 4.

Sandfox

It's more about bringing back parts of the main cast and the human actors of the Drive villains were a big part of the show, which is why we're getting a Heart V-Cinema.

I was so hyped until the later post saying it is likely false. It'd be awesome to get more Blade and especially getting to see Garren King Form.

Yeah sorry, I didn't mean to be a downer, but I think everyone would appreciate not getting their hopes up over a made up rumor :/ I'm glad someone like Tom Constantine was able to bring it down pretty quickly before it went haywire.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Uh......ive been out for awhile. Is this the new Kamen Rider?

left is Level 1 form of Kamen Rider X-Aid, the other two are from Kabutack, the second-to-the-last Metal Heroes series. They have this "comedy" base form that become badass "fighting" form.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Ex-Aid literally does the Mario jump and grabs a coin (does he need to do this to use his finisher I wonder?) in the Ghost Movie.

If they can keep this up in the actual show I feel like I'm gonna love this. Hope they get really niche with the references.

Top Bottom