• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Remember when they used a Megaranger monster (specifically, the final villain's monster form) for Lost Galaxy? Granted, we actually got a Megaranger adaptation with In Space but still, this wouldn't be the first time this happened.

And one can argue that Heckyl in Dino Charge is similar to Enter.

Pluto

Using a cool suit from a skipped season doesn't seem out of bounds to me.

And anyway, ToQger's villains were cool as fuck. Not using them ever would be a crime.
This is especially true because an original base requires new footage anyway, so why not include some awesome suits they have access to?
With the premise of the season I could see Noir used as an uppercrust alien spectator who bets on the outcome of battles for example. Not every suit has to be used for an actual ranger fighting villain.

delSai

So Ghost is just straight up combining the two best characters. Fine by me lol
Also in my opinion Makoto is much better as a bad guy, i feel like he plays that role better.

Tiu Neo

I hope they use the ToQ villains for this, they are too cool to be ignored.

And I would switch pink and white, if feels strange to see white being a lot taller than pink, when the suit actor is the inverse, iirc. But eh, if the actress fits well the personality character in the suit, it's ok, I guess.

Ohhh, they can also use Jiraya for... something. Don't think they will, but would be cool.

Anyway,

Orb 6

New villains are very oldschool, nice. And who needs to transform when you can deflect lasers with your bare hands?

Jeffrey

Cp3gOyWUkAADWOG.jpg:large

so good.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
sorry for DP but new ep

Zoo 25

LB32mYt.jpg

Misao shenanigans AND plot! Really great ep and man I really enjoy the imagin zyumen.

Also do you recognize them? I can see Black Condor, Oh Red and Ryuu Ranger

5zcVjuy.jpg

Caught up to Ghost. The plot is still middling, even when we are entering the final moments. And boy that Makoto side-plot is a big heap of nothing that's been going on way too long.

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 25

Hey, that Misao and Leo focus they hinted since Misao joined... and it was "solved" fast. They not quite working well together was fun to see, too. Glad to see the Zyuman ghosts are still there, too.

Hm, now the Deathgaliens are getting a bit more interesting.

ultracal31

You don't get to bring friends.
I tend to wait near the end of the KR current season to watch it all and I'm curious to know is ghost even worth watching?

Tiu Neo

I tend to wait near the end of the KR current season to watch it all and I'm curious to know is ghost even worth watching?

Eh... It's not one of the best seasons, but it's not one of the worst. It has its moments, but the plot is kinda eh. I feel the writers kinda don't know what to do with certain plot points or characters, sometimes.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I feel like Ghost might work better when marathoned, a lot of the plots have been stretched out (not just Makoto, that whole thing with Bills and Igor has been going on for months and they still don't realize Bills is working for him) but it might not be that bad watching it back-to-back.

I actually liked a lot of the individual plots they had, even if the show is a bit chaotic and a mess.

Anyway no proof for this but I'm pretty sure the Ex-Aid press stuff should be this week since this is when Ghost's happened last year.

BTA

Currently catching up on both Ghost (I've now seen through... 21?) and ZyuOh (just watched 5) after somehow falling super behind on them without meaning to back in February or so. Though I still haven't finished Drive either (I got to about where I am with Ghost?) and haven't gotten past about where I am in ZyuOh in Nin/ToQ/GoBus when I tried watching those, so... I've been suddenly bad about toku these past couple years, basically.

In any case, I'm excited to catch up and then see the movies, since I'm currently in Japan.

Tiu Neo

Ghost 44

I'm happy that
Kamen Rider Onari
was a thing, for a few seconds.

I wonder if we'll have some kind of special last episode, like last year.

And ohhh yeah, that Mach ad. He'll get a new form!

WillyFive

Oh man...this convention looks awesome. Whats PMC? I should schedule vacation for it sometime.

Power Morphicon, which is a Power Rangers convention. Lot's of former PR actors like to show up and Saban now announces new stuff on it (like the cast for Ninja Steel).

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuohger 25

That was one of the best monster finishers ever.
Loving the relationship between Leo and Misao, way too funny.
Bunglay continues to be awesome too, managing to humiliate Kubar. Definitely an interesting new element to the season.

Ghost 44

Kamen Rider Onari was fun albeit brief.
Things looked kind of fucked now. Then the twins from that web series showed up, what the hell are they doing here? So if they're canon, does that mean the past-Rider Eyecons are around? Blah...
At least this was entertaining as hell.

Top Bottom