• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

NeonZ

This means team up with Super Megaforce crew....Gross

They seem to be skipping the Dino team up in the current season, even though they seem to have rights for it considering how they're using one of its suits, and also skipped the footage with the Hurricanger team up in Gokaiger during Super Megaforce, so I doubt they'll use that.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
All six Gokaigers?! Just hook it to my veeeeeins!

besides, they might skip zyuohger

I hope not. These have been some of the best action scenes since Kyoryuger. Plus, the Minecraft Cube Zords. Printing money!
But we'll see what 2017 Sentai is like and if that's somehow more "marketable". I wish Nickelodeon wasn't retarded...

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Zoo 26

Whoa, never realized they'd make the requisite wedding episode a serious one. Really great action and Kusaka is back! Bunglay is great villain too!

Tiu Neo

All Gokaigers will show up on Zyuohger? Even better than expected.

Will Toei/Bandai use that opportunity to show the new Ranger keys from Busters to Zyuohger in the series? I hope so. What will be Zyuohgers Great Power?

Slayven

Will Toei/Bandai use that opportunity to show the new Ranger keys from Busters to Zyuohger in the series? I hope so. What will be Zyuohgers Great Power?

Prymidas drops out the sky on the enemy

Tiu Neo

Zyuohger 26

Dat opening... This movie may be another meh sentai summer movie, but at least the action looks pretty good.

Bunglay not only is a good new villain, with plans and motives a bit more interesting than winning a game, it also made the Deathgaliens a bit more interesting and manacing. They kinda needed that after losing TheWorld.

I don't really expect a lot from the obligatory wedding episodes, since with the exception of a few (Abaranger comes to mind, maybe Jetman, if you only count the last one, heh) they are just filler episodes, but this one was actually pretty good.

Ghost Legendary Souls 6

Wizard Ghost looks pretty cool, kinda makes me want to watch Wizard, but ehhhh...

Maybe it's because sometimes the plots on the series drag on too much, but I have the feeling Makoto did more to help Takeru on this mini-series than in the whole main series, which is kinda sad.

Ghost 45

Well, we sure are at near the ending... but the pacing is pretty weird. It's different, and maybe it'll pay off, but ehh... I don't really know. Parts of it feels more like things that should happen mid-season, instead of on than final stretch.

WarRock

is there any good ultraman/Kamen rider games I can play without having to have a job console? I've been playing Kamen rider for super famicom.
Depends on what systems you own.

Not enough pirates for a complete Kyoryu change, heh.

Tiu Neo

You know, I can't help but notice Zyuoh is becoming a bit more red centric since Bunglay's introduction. But Yamato is so much better than the last few Reds that I can't really complain about that.

Not enough pirates for a complete Kyoryu change, heh.

True, would need two Gokai changes for that.

Or just pretty much ignore the extra four, like the crossovers did. :(

Debirudog

Not really keeping up with the current sentai but Yamato's backstory in the beginning kinda warrants him to be the main central focus.

WillyFive

The recurring villain that they have going on so far is not that interesting to me, but I'm glad they are doing it. Lots of great Jetman style action with Red's hijinks, especially picking up the villain and throwing him to a wind turbine.

Tiu Neo

Started Go-Onger. The characters are way too over the top, but I kinda like it. It's fun, up to now.

And O-T is on a roll today, huh? I even forgot that existed.

Heroic Legend of Alain 2

Whoa, that was a long time ago, huh? Poor Alain, all he wanted was a friend, an all he knew on that strange unknown land was that takoyaki stand. :(

And losing immortality was worth it... for takoyaki. Heh.

Boss Doggie

Bard is an interesting translation. Was thinking they'd use Bud or Bad.

Not really keeping up with the current sentai but Yamato's backstory in the beginning kinda warrants him to be the main central focus.

it really feels like it is central sub plot as you go through the show

SPOILERS

what are the chances of Bard being his dad, and the reason he loathes Zyuland is that he is separated from his human family due to their "keep the two worlds" thing separate

Also whoa. sentai general in /m/ has a really neat theory.

what if Larri, Bard and the whale Zyuman were a former team? also they theorized whale's name is gonna be Joe, as in Larry Joe Bird

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Zyuogher 26

Bunglay is hardcore. But he can't keep a good Red down. Yamato is too awesome.
I actually appreciate Genis as a villain. All he wants is to be entertained. He doesn't get mad when his aliens lose, but rather he finds enjoyment from it. He's ecstatic when a third party enters the fray, as it makes things more interesting.
That last scene, now things are getting juicy.

Ghost 45

Adel's plan though... god damn it this is just The End of Time from Doctor Who. That episode blew. Adel has been one of the lamest KR villains. He's just a generic "take over the world" asshole, with nothing interesting about him.
Also the answer to winning is love. When's Ex-Aid?

Next week
looks like the series is book-ending itself with Musashi.

Bard is an interesting translation. Was thinking they'd use Bud or Bad.

it really feels like it is central sub plot as you go through the show

SPOILERS

what are the chances of Bard being his dad, and the reason he loathes Zyuland is that he is separated from his human family due to their "keep the two worlds" thing separate

Also whoa. sentai general in /m/ has a really neat theory.

what if Larri, Bard and the whale Zyuman were a former team? also they theorized whale's name is gonna be Joe, as in Larry Joe Bird
That is an intersting theory.

Debirudog

for some reason, I just stopped watching Zyuogher (around the ghost crossover I think) despite it being pretty good. I think I was really burned out on Toku after finishing up Kakuranger and Ghost kinda left me with a bitter taste so I kinda dropped out for a while.

I should start going back to the show though. Maybe when it hits 30.

Boss Doggie

yeah apparently based on the basketball player, which is the oddest thing to base on, but hilarious if it ends up true

for some reason, I just stopped watching Zyuogher (around the ghost crossover I think) despite it being pretty good. I think I was really burned out on Toku after finishing up Kakuranger and Ghost kinda left me with a bitter taste so I kinda dropped out for a while.

I should start going back to the show though. Maybe when it hits 30.

yeah ghost would do that

vareon

It amazes me that Alia spent this entire last arc sitting in the main villain's room, asking questions so that he can explain what he's up to to the viewers. That's Reon Kadena, for fruit-god's sake.

Tiu Neo

It amazes me that Alia spent this entire last arc sitting in the main villain's room, asking questions so that he can explain what he's up to to the viewers. That's Reon Kadena, for fruit-god's sake.

Yep. After that She-Necrom tease, they go on and make her... do nothing. For the rest of the series.

But... eh, only another missed opportunity on the list for Ghost.

Wait, does that mean that Shocker is also real?!

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Seems the Ex-Aid conference is next Tuesday, the lead actress Ruka Matsuda had tweeted it out accidentally.

Boss Doggie

Also Natsumi from Decade invades Gaim and has an upcoming SIC Natsumikan Gaim Arms it seems... probably hoax?

vareon

Also Natsumi from Decade invades Gaim and has an upcoming SIC Natsumikan Gaim Arms it seems... probably hoax?

I haven't seen or heard anything about this, but this is not outside the realm of SIC Hero Saga series (which are rarely mass produced and sold).

Seems the Ex-Aid conference is next Tuesday, the lead actress Ruka Matsuda had tweeted it out accidentally.

To be precise, she said that she would be able to share about an upcoming role on August 30th and has since deleted her tweet. She had a role in a Kamen Rider Ghost special.

Hopefully soon enough! can't wait for Ex-Aid to start
mostly because I want Ghost to end

Frumix

Suffering From Success
http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2077131/full/

The complete Gokaiger cast is returning for Zyuohger 28 and 29. During those episodes, the ending will change to Gokaiger's ending theme, Super Sentai Hero Getter, but with updated lyrics for the post-Gokaiger Super Sentai.

2077131_201608220210138001471820421c.jpg

This is a really unexpected surprise and better than the idea floating around about the last 5 reds gathering that due to some blurry pictures.

Mao-chan!
[hyperventilates]

Jeffrey

Always love how seemingly easy it is to get back old actors for cameos.

Guess everyone living in a relatively small nation help.

Are there actor unions in japan?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Always love how seemingly easy it is to get back old actors for cameos.

Guess everyone living in a relatively small nation help.

Are there actor unions in japan?

There's agencies. Most small actors or singers work under some sort of agency. That is what usually creates problems, since Sunday morning tokusatsu isn't usually seen as some kind of really good respectable role to land. Ichimichi Mao is the biggest surprise there because out of the entire cast she's the only one who broke big into another territory entirely (voice acting) and gets a lot of work lately, so I'm particularly glad she's back.

Tiu Neo

There's agencies. Most small actors or singers work under some sort of agency. That is what usually creates problems, since Sunday morning tokusatsu isn't usually seen as some kind of really good respectable role to land. Ichimichi Mao is the biggest surprise there because out of the entire cast she's the only one who broke big into another territory entirely (voice acting) and gets a lot of work lately, so I'm particularly glad she's back.

Well, she also had one (voice) role at the ToQger summer movie, but yeah, I was surprised to see *all* of them back. I didn't really expect Toei to care enough to do this, to tell the truth, since Sentai is always getting the shaft, the last couple of years, so it was a kinda nice surprise.

BossRush

Man. Since Ex-Aid is video-game themed can I finally get the Arcsystemworks developed kamen rider fighting game I always dreamed of?

Frumix

Suffering From Success
Well, she also had one (voice) role at the ToQger summer movie, but yeah, I was surprised to see *all* of them back. I didn't really expect Toei to care enough to do this, to tell the truth, since Sentai is always getting the shaft, the last couple of years, so it was a kinda nice surprise.

Even there she was casted under her voice actor alias.

Debirudog

...I should probably get into Gokaiger despite only watching like, 4 sentai seasons lol (Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Kyoruger and Kakuranger) now there's the inevitable crossover eps and movie.

WarRock

Damn, that Cyclone!

I... forgot Kadena was in Ghost.

It's the Treasure's power man =D

Zyouh 26
Misao looking lost when everybody wash going nuts that Daichi announced the ceremony :lol:
I do have to wonder what's Bungley's goal, though it's was him after Bard in the end.

Mr-Joker

Banned
I find it funny that Zyuohger did a wedding episode on the same day I went to a wedding...and yet the one in Zyuohger was miles better than the one I went to. ¬_¬;

SPOILERS

Yeah I got that kinda vibe as well as Yamato seem to have Zyuman powers and his mother was trying to tell him something before Bunglay attacked.

He has an anchor...he's blue like the sea...wears what sort of looks like a tricorne...
its obviously Cube Whale he is after.

3WCpuN.gif

"We're whalers on the moon, we carry a harpoon..."

Tiu Neo

...I should probably get into Gokaiger despite only watching like, 4 sentai seasons lol (Gekiranger, Shinkenger, Kyoruger and Kakuranger) now there's the inevitable crossover eps and movie.

It's actually a good way to decide what to watch next, since each episode has more or less the feel of the original series.

Even there she was casted under her voice actor alias.

Hm, I yeah, I thought it was because that was the new artistic name she adopted, but may be because of the agency, yeah.

It's the Treasure's power man =D

;_;

Debirudog

It's actually a good way to decide what to watch next, since each episode has more or less the feel of the original series.

I'm just afraid if they would be moments like where I'm just confused by the characters and plot stuff that might get highlighted from the previous seasons.

Tiu Neo

I'm just afraid if they would be moments like where I'm just confused by the characters and plot stuff that might get highlighted from the previous seasons.

Gokaiger was the very first Sentai I watched in the recent years, and while, yeah, some parts were kinda confusing, you can actually understand what is happening with the context the series gives you. Would it be a bit cooler if you watched them first? Yeah, sure, but I don't think it's really required. Remember, even if it was a fan-service focused season, it's a series for selling toys for kids first and foremost.

That said, it kinda spoils the ending of the featured series (most of them are pretty predicable), and there are some spoilers I'd consider important for one series (Jetman).

Over/under that the new PS4 Power Rangers game is good?

I wonder what it's based on, if it is based on anything.

I liked the old beat-em-ups, as a kid. If it's a musou, and not made by Omega Force... ehhhhh... I still remember Saint Seiya, it was not good.

I'm not optimistic, but it could surprise me, I guess.

Boss Doggie

Yeah I got that kinda vibe as well as Yamato seem to have Zyuman powers and his mother was trying to tell him something before Bunglay attacked.

they made an explanation, or at least a "cover", for it though, that Yamato got the power transfer as a kid

with that said, maybe it just means zyuman x human could produce either/or

Debirudog

Gokaiger was the very first Sentai I watched in the recent years, and while, yeah, some parts were kinda confusing, you can actually understand what is happening with the context the series gives you. Would it be a bit cooler if you watched them first? Yeah, sure, but I don't think it's really required. Remember, even if it was a fan-service focused season, it's a series for selling toys for kids first and foremost.

That said, it kinda spoils the ending of the featured series (most of them are pretty predicable), and there are some spoilers I'd consider important for one series (Jetman).
Yeah, I might as well give it a go in order to get me pumped for Sentai again. I'm not really planning to watch every Sentai since some of them are known to be lesser in quality either way.
Though shiiiit, Jetman was also a classic Sentai I considered watching. I prefer watching a season one by one, so I guess I'll go Gokaiger -> Zoo -> Jetman.

Top Bottom