• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Looks like three Ultraman movies are getting English Dubs.
http://tokusatsunetwork.com/2016/08/three-ultraman-movies-get-brand-new-english-dubs/
Tsuburaya has been on a roll during 2016, the 50th anniversary of the Ultra Series. They started the year with a movie based on their latest show, Ultraman X, are currently airing Ultraman Orb, and have a plethora of plans for the future.

SciFi Japan revealed that one of those plans was English dubbing for their recent films, one of which is the aforementioned Ultraman X The Movie. The other two movies are Ultraman Ginga S The Movie and Ultra Fight Victory. The first two films were released theatrically, but Ultra Fight Victory is a compilation film composed of 13 short clips.

The dubs were handled by William Winckler Productions, the company that previously handled the Gaiking, Danguard Ace, and Star Zinger anime compilation films for Toei. Those projects were eventually released by Shout! Factory, but the dubbed Ultraman films do not yet have a distributor.

Tiu Neo

Finished Bioman

Another good series. The 80s were a really good time for sentai, huh?

I see a few similarities between this, Changeman (the season right after it), and even a bit of Sun Vulcan (some of that oldschool weirdness). The giant being robots, with some episodes even having no smaller enemy, was interesting. Kinda like how Go Busters did it, but almost 30 years before it. The story was pretty good too.

Not many weak points, imo. It's pretty good, about on the same level as Changeman and Flashman, for me.

Tiu Neo

Yes! And in that point I like how Flashman, Changeman and Sun Vulcan look a bit better, Bioman was pretty good with that, too. I also like the oldschool "Doctor and/or Emperor and his/their underlings" thing, and wish a more recent series made something like that again.

I feel that back then, the villains actors actually mattered as much, if not more, than the heroes actors. Today that is a lot more rare, save maybe for one Basco or Enter.

And then we had actors like Yutaka Hirose and Okamoto, which were on almost every series, almost always making memorable characters.

Finished Bioman

Another good series. The 80s were a really good time for sentai, huh?

I see a few similarities between this, Changeman (the season right after it), and even a bit of Sun Vulcan (some of that oldschool weirdness). The giant being robots, with some episodes even having no smaller enemy, was interesting. Kinda like how Go Busters did it, but almost 30 years before it. The story was pretty good too.

Not many weak points, imo. It's pretty good, about on the same level as Changeman and Flashman, for me.

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Dyna/Bio/Change had some great designs thanks to Yutaka Izubuchi. I actually own NEOS, the artbook that has his design works for the three shows, it's pretty great.

I also was really uncomfortable in a humorous way during Akibaranger S2 when AkibaRed makes the joke about Izubuchi, I was thinking to myself "Hey, that monster design is really Izubuchi inspired!" and then he makes a comment about it a few seconds later *facepalms*

I nabbed some Kamen Rider SHFigurarts that were on sale at my local Hastings that is going out of business.
JegM0OC.jpg

These are my first Kamen Rider related thing that I bought.
Sorry for the state of the photo.

Tiu Neo

I'm glad you enjoyed it. Dyna/Bio/Change had some great designs thanks to Yutaka Izubuchi. I actually own NEOS, the artbook that has his design works for the three shows, it's pretty great.

I also was really uncomfortable in a humorous way during Akibaranger S2 when AkibaRed makes the joke about Izubuchi, I was thinking to myself "Hey, that monster design is really Izubuchi inspired!" and then he makes a comment about it a few seconds later *facepalms*

Oh, didn't know that! I love Changeman's villains designs, it's one of my favorites. I see he also did some work for Flashman, those were great too.

The 80's Sentai was Soda's era. I feel he peaked in Maskman because it's his first time to go against the usual scifi.

Hm, I also didn't know that! Gotta watch Dynaman and post-Liveman 80s sentai soon, then. Goggle V too, it' s been a long time since I last watched it.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
His run also had really great villains, and there's a common theme among them (being led by a bigger bad, have a theme of right hand/brute/evil girl/genius/schemy merchant etc.

Jeffrey

how do you even adapt bleach in any form without insane cg budget. The fights are basically man of steel lvls of destruction.

Well they did do attack on titans...

how do you even adapt bleach in any form without insane cg budget. The fights are basically man of steel lvls of destruction.

Well they did do attack on titans...

Half of the fights are just people doing that dumb "behind you" feint, it won't be that hard if they stick to the substitute shinigami + Soul society arcs.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dino Super Charge 9

And we're back. Nickelodeon is still the worst.
Not the best episode to come back on. The "citizen pretends to be Ranger" episode has been done before. At least the consequences for her lying were greater than the last time they did this episode in Megaforce.
At least we got to see Kendell as Purple again, that's always fun.
Did not expect Heckyl to have a thing for cinnamon, that was a weird plot.

Tiu Neo

Orb 7

Hm, interesting plot, but if she doesn't show up anymore... It'll be a bit strange, won't it? I mean, she can find out whenever a monster will show up, will she ignore those dreams now?

Eh, anyway, ok episode. A bit more about Gai too.

vareon

If there's any toku actor to play Aizen, who should it be?

I nabbed some Kamen Rider SHFigurarts that were on sale at my local Hastings that is going out of business.
JegM0OC.jpg

These are my first Kamen Rider related thing that I bought.
Sorry for the state of the photo.

They are great figures, congrats!

Jaeger

I can't wait to see the
Belial x Zoffy form, Thunder Breastar
. Definitely the coolest looking one out of the bunch, IMO.

NeonZ

http://www.oricon.co.jp/news/2077131/full/

The complete Gokaiger cast is returning for Zyuohger 28 and 29. During those episodes, the ending will change to Gokaiger's ending theme, Super Sentai Hero Getter, but with updated lyrics for the post-Gokaiger Super Sentai.

2077131_201608220210138001471820421c.jpg

This is a really unexpected surprise and better than the idea floating around about the last 5 reds gathering that due to some blurry pictures.

The complete Gokaiger cast is returning for Zyuohger 28 and 29. During those episodes, the ending will change to Gokaiger's ending theme, Super Sentai Hero Getter, but with updated lyrics for the post-Gokaiger Super Sentai.

This is a really unexpected surprise and better than the rumored last 5 red gathering that was rumored due to some blurry pictures.

This is great to hear.

SaviourMK2

This is a really unexpected surprise and better than the idea floating around about the last 5 reds gathering that due to some blurry pictures.

OH MY GAWD GOKAIGER.
My nerd boner is raging

WillyFive

Awesome. First teamup I've been excited for in years.

Okey dokey. Also what's up with Gai's wig over there?

I wish all of my 80's heroes weren't getting up in age and/or retired these days :/

WarRock

Zyuoh 25
It's kinda impressive how they are dealing with Misao's low self-esteem. I wonder if the writers are trying to reach for the kids that have this sort of problem?

Edit-
HOLY CRAP AT GOKAI x ZYUOH NEWS

vareon

This is baller. What's the occasion?

Delio

AH this makes me so happy.

SaviourMK2

I was PIIIIIIIIIISSED when I saw the trailer for the Super Sentai x Zyuhoger team up and not a single Gokaiger. This makes up for it!

sprsk

force push the doodoo rock

Ok definitely gonna see this in the theatres then.

G-Fex

is there any good ultraman/Kamen rider games I can play without having to have a job console? I've been playing Kamen rider for super famicom.

This means team up with Super Megaforce crew....Gross

Anyways they need to do Gokaiger season 2 literally the of the best Sentai. I would watch that

Top Bottom