• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

One of these things is not like the other....

As a note apparently the helmet was just in the room and they posed it with. This is coming from one of the actors.

I'm enjoying the Ranger casting of indeterminate race. Opens it up to more kids.

So its 2 'seasons' now without a white Red Ranger? wait does ninja steel have any white dudes?

Gold gotta be... right?

Gold is going to be the whitest, most Texan dude imaginable.

Pink is white too. Also, she's tiny, which is weird, given the Japanese footage.

power-rangers-ninja-steel-cast_orig.jpg

power-rangers-ninja-steel-group.png

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
I'm enjoying the Ranger casting of indeterminate race. Opens it up to more kids.

Pink is white too. Also, she's tiny, which is weird, given the Japanese footage.

she is really small. wow

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
It's gonna be one of the weirder stock footage discrepancies the series has tackled. Like childish Tommy or Carter giving a noogie or everything about Megaforce. Though they could go the RPM route and make a self-aware joke.

"I notice that when I morph, I grow a lot taller, but Hayley shrinks. What's that about?"
"Uhhh Morphin Grid and ninja power"

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
I'll be massively disappointed if StarNinger NS isn't a cowboy

Dying one's hair black helps a lot.

Yeah I just realized he dyed his hair white for some odd reason.

Looks like in the super hero toeiverse all of the space police force are under the bird people

Boss Doggie

We have a scan of Emu's actor, Emu being Ex-Aid

oh and same with Taika (Snipe) and Heeru (Brave), we also see the rest of the cast

We have a scan of Emu's actor, Emu being Ex-Aid

The SD suits are really there, as we expected. The Riders will fight in these full sized SD forms. Amazing.

Brave > Hiiro Kakami
Snipe > Taika Hanaya

Brave looks like every serious second Rider ever. Snipe looks like Kengo trash.

latest

The enemy is so Sentai, the weapons are so clearly toys! Like, the Rider weapons 100 percent look like they're straight from the toys. This is going to be a weird season.

Boss Doggie

edit, wrong thread

also we see bugster executives, one human one kaijin

from kamen rider general

Kamen Rider Brave is named Kagami Hiro, a lifelong friend of Emu's, very eccentric, more interested in studying bugsters than fighting them.

Kamen Rider Snipe is called Hanaya Taiga, who works at the Genmu corporation.

Nurse chick is an "ally to Riders" and helps them in battle, gives Emu his GamerDriver. Her name is Asuna, her idol form is Poppy Pipopapo and is a secret.

First/main Bugster is named Parado and his form is the Graphite Bugster.

Dan Kuroto (guy in the black suit) is the president of the Genmu Corp, will probably be Genmu.

Kagami Haima (man in the white coat) is Hiro's father and the director of the hospital.

Hinata Kyotarou is Asuna's agent who goes out of his way to help her keep her idol identity a secret.

Kujo Kiriya (dude in the funky shirt) is a coroner.

Boss Doggie

Sorry for triple posting (well double posting, that second post is wrong lol)

Zyuohger scans are out, Zyuoh Whale! The cannon comes from Whale zyuman Ketasu. The whole arc ties with Zyuohger x Gokaiger, and we see returning villains (possibly due to Bunglay) like Enter (!) and Escape (!) and Doukaku. That ZyuohWhale suit is fucking slick too!

Gokaiger also gain new keys from Go busters to Ninninger.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Grey's Anatomy x Video Games, oh Kamen Rider Staff you never cease to amaze.

Guessing the hospital stuff is for the housewives watching along.

Tiu Neo

Huh, Ex-Aid enemies are very sentai-like. This will be a very... different? season. I'm kinda optimistic, I love silly toku and this looks like it.

Sorry for triple posting (well double posting, that second post is wrong lol)

Zyuohger scans are out, Zyuoh Whale! The cannon comes from Whale zyuman Ketasu. The whole arc ties with Zyuohger x Gokaiger, and we see returning villains (possibly due to Bunglay) like Enter (!) and Escape (!) and Doukaku. That ZyuohWhale suit is fucking slick too!

Gokaiger also gain new keys from Go busters to Ninninger.

Enter is back? New Ranger keys? Oh god, so hyped for this.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dino Super Charge 10

Great episode. That original fight scene in the first half was so good, and all 10 Energems are confirmed safe. Cool to see Silver as brief as it was.
Didn't care much for Riley's subplot. Felt superfluous to all the Titano Zord stuff. But the Titano Zord stuff was really damn good.
Singe left Earth, helping to explain his absence from the Kyoryuger footage.

I'm liking Brave and Snipe, though I'm interested overall in the ideas of Ex-Aid, I just hope it's entertaining. I've been sitting on Ghost since like episode 3-...3? 4? around that part.

Pink is Brazilian though, she's also 5'2" for reference.

javadoze

I nearly lost it at the scan showing Kamen Rider Genmu doing a wheelie on his neon bike and terrorizing Ex-Aid and Brave's Level 1 forms. He looks like a Saturday morning cartoon villain but is probably still 1000x more threatening than Adel, that's for sure.

vareon

Emu seems to be an intern at a hospital and there's a lot of health related settings. Maybe the "aid" part of Ex-Aid? It's always more interesting when the main Rider has an actual job and the hospital setting looks intriguing.

Tiu Neo

Orb 08

Great episode. The fake ass rubber costumes only make it better, and more focus on SSP this time. While the fight wasn't really the main focus of the episode, it was also pretty cool.

I guess what last episode missed was more of SSP. While Gai by itself is pretty cool, the series is better when it has more of them.

I like the plot progression in this, the pacing is pretty good, just a small bit each episode with a few episodes explaining a bit more, and pretty much no "filler" episodes. Well, maybe last week, but even that developed Gai a bit more.

NeonZ

always wonder if Ultraman monster suits have a requirement to look 'budget'.

Many of them are just slight updates on designs dating back to the original Ultraman. It'd be like if we got Shocker monsters as monsters of the week in the actual tv shows, not just group shot fodder in the movies.

WillyFive

Following the new Ninja Steel Blue Ranger (Yoshi's brother Peter) on Twitter; he's also a big toku fan like his brother. He even drew Basco fan art.

Many of them are just slight updates on designs dating back to the original Ultraman. It'd be like if we got Shocker monsters as monsters of the week in the actual tv shows, not just group shot fodder in the movies.

And the times we get original kaiju suits definitely show how much work they put into the suits.

Slayven

always wonder if Ultraman monster suits have a requirement to look 'budget'.

I asked a thread ago, and was informed that monsters are the ones that sell in the ultra franchise. But when you look at Birdon you would think they would update them a bit

NeonZ

I asked a thread ago, and was informed that monsters are the ones that sell in the ultra franchise. But when you look at Birdon you would think they would update them a bit

In a way, it'd be like "updating" Pokemon. If you change them too much it's basically a different monster altogether. Their suits at least have good materials, unlike Toei's rebuilt old suits which sometimes end up worse than the originals.

Although, really, this is likely one of the elements that hurt Ultraman in the long run and the reason nowadays it's basically kept on life support by hardcore fans rather than renovating its audience.

Slayven

In a way, it'd be like "updating" Pokemon. If you change them too much it's basically a different monster altogether. Their suits at least have good materials, unlike Toei's rebuilt old suits which sometimes end up worse than the originals.

Although, really, this is likely one of the elements that hurt Ultraman in the long run and the reason nowadays it's basically kept on life support by hardcore fans rather than renovating its audience.

Maybe they need to go full adult liek Amazons or Garo.

vareon

Maybe they need to go full adult liek Amazons or Garo.

They did multiple times with the Ultraman 2004 movie, Ultraman Nexus, and Ultra Seven X. None of them particularly sticks. The fundamental flaw in Ultraman is that it's based on a premise that's no longer novel in this age.

Top Bottom