• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Debirudog

Ep 8. Gokaiger.

Pretty different episode for a change. What's really cool about Gokaiger is that they only show tidbits of the character's backstory to kinda keep you engage enough. Joe's kinda boring but his past does seem interesting.

Green gets picked on wayyyyy too much though. All that physical abuse and scapegoating despite doing the chores and cooking. :mad:

WillyFive

Ep 8. Gokaiger.

Pretty different episode for a change. What's really cool about Gokaiger is that they only show tidbits of the character's backstory to kinda keep you engage enough. Joe's kinda boring but his past does seem interesting.

Green gets picked on wayyyyy too much though. All that physical abuse and scapegoating despite doing the chores and cooking. :mad:

Green gets his day later in the show, it's great.

delSai

this form should've shown up

BTA

Saw through Ghost 35. I am very, very easy to please when it comes to Rider, but... is it just me or did they not try at all to show off Infinite/Mugen Soul? They had that really nice emotional episode, which reminded me a ton of Cosmic States debut (which is one of my favorite toku moments) and... then didn't even really show off the form. Then the next episode, it's a cliffhanger after he transforms. Then finally they start showing it fight and... he pretty much just knocks people back and uses a finisher before changing back. Twice. Even when he fights more at the end of the episode, it's still a really lackluster display that makes them look weak rather than him look powerful. Going back and actually watching the Cosmic States debut fight after just made me even more put off, because I had forgotten just how much effort they put in to showing how cool the form was, and there's absolutely nothing close to it here. (And the lack of insert songs makes it harder to build hype to begin with...)

Also: I went to Kyoto Studio Park last weekend and had no idea all the Rider/Sentai stuff would be there on the second floor! That was a really pleasant surprise, hah. We saw a Zyuohger stage show too, which was cool but made me realize how far behind I was given that I didn't even recognize the villains... I'm focusing on catching up on Ghost before seeing the movie this weekend, but I probably won't be caught up on Zyouh at all at this rate, oops. I'd like to have at least seen through The World showing up but that's a good 10 or so episodes for me.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Mugen didn't have the same impact like Cosmic States or Type Tridoron because they made Takeru's death pretty much lacking in impact.

delSai

Tiu Neo

Whoa, loved the trailer. Ok, I'm hyped now, and not only because Ghost is ending.

I wonder how next year's sentai will be. Wonder if they'll try something different to contrast with Ex-Aid.

Here it is everyone the first Ex-Aid trailer!
HYPE

Looks pretty good.

Chibi form fights could get old after a while, so hopefully they tone it down as the season goes on. Given the medical theme, I assume we're also going to have a medical emergency/mystery of the week. Could be good, but I'm really hoping for a serialized show like Gaim, rather than procedural.

Looks pretty good.

Chibi form fights could get old after a while, so hopefully they tone it down as the season goes on. Given the medical theme, I assume we're also going to have a medical emergency/mystery of the week. Could be good, but I'm really hoping for a serialized show like Gaim, rather than procedural.
Well we know one thing. Its never lupus.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
they also light up and have sounds, like lockseeds

now that I think about it, which collectibles have built-in battery for sounds/light? I know all of W's Gaia Memories, the Lockseeds, Type Tridoron, and some Eyecons have built-in sounds/lights.

javadoze

Now I kinda want fake games based on some of these titles (Mostly BangBang Shooting and Taddle Quest).

they also light up and have sounds, like lockseeds

now that I think about it, which collectibles have built-in battery for sounds/light? I know all of W's Gaia Memories, the Lockseeds, Type Tridoron, and some Eyecons have built-in sounds/lights.

The Gaia Memories, some Astro Switches, the lockseeds, some shift cars (Type Tridoron/Heartron), and some eyecons.

BTA

Aaaah, ok, now that I see them up close and can see that that's totally supposed to be box art... I still don't know why they look like that, but I'm into them.

EDIT: It's a shame that the toys and such only really start coming out in October; I'm only in Japan through October 5th, so I'd pick up a couple, particularly if the first gacha set was out.

Having sounds in the toys again is really nice; I like getting a few of the collectibles from each show, but mostly have Lockseeds + stuff like the Zodiarts Switch because of how much the belts are.

Top Bottom