• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Oh right I forgot about the astro switches, but I think it's only Cosmic Switch and Zodiarts Switch which have their own sound?

BTA

Yeah, did some digging and it looks like Sports comes out this month, and both the Gamer Driver with Ex-Aid's and Bike should be out on the 1st of October.

Shame the ones I wanted were Taddle Quest and Shooting, then. I might grab Sports or Bike but I'm definitely not shelling out for a Driver. And even Bike's packaged with the extra holder, so...

Here it is everyone the first Ex-Aid trailer!
HYPE

Brave is giving me Baron vibes. Snipe is clearly a Black Jack reference from top to bottom. I can see the "Drive" feeling because Asuna feels like Kiriko 2.0.

It'll be interesting to see how long the medical drama idea plays out.

Human villain from the beginning? Nice.

Looks pretty good.

Chibi form fights could get old after a while, so hopefully they tone it down as the season goes on. Given the medical theme, I assume we're also going to have a medical emergency/mystery of the week. Could be good, but I'm really hoping for a serialized show like Gaim, rather than procedural.

The Chibi Form is totally Cast-Off. There for a toy gimmick and by mid-season, you'll hear the "level up" sound but never see Chibi Form.

Honestly Ex-Aid looks like trash nonsense, but those are the ones that generally turn out well.

Boss Doggie

Wow, so today's toy figure gimmick is essentially using Level 1 as armor parts for "naked" Level 2, like some reverse cast-off (you "break apart" Level 1 and put it on the naked Level 2 to make him resemble the actual Rider look). And you can mix-and-match Level 1 parts with other riders.

Flyer about the toy

Wow, so today's toy figure gimmick is essentially using Level 1 as armor parts for "naked" Level 2, like some reverse cast-off (you "break apart" Level 1 and put it on the naked Level 2 to make him resemble the actual Rider look). And you can mix-and-match Level 1 parts with other riders.

Flyer about the toy

Yeah, you could tell that (partially) from the early pictures: the Rider's Level 1 faces are on the back of their Level 2 forms.

javadoze

The Gamer Driver lets you play the games on a TV, iirc

Huh, did not know that. Now I'm curious if the games are stored on the belt already (and the gashattos just allow you to access them) or if the gashattos themselves store the games.

Flyer about the toy

I actually quite like this, it looks like a more customizable version of Gaim and Ghost's arms/mantle change lines.

Tiu Neo

Flyer about the toy

Kinda like Saint Seiya? I like it.

WarRock

Oh man, that looks SO GOOD. Drive vibes with the cast, definitely.

And, ah, Gigabeetle is going to have so much fun with those mix and match armors...

Brave is giving me Baron vibes. Snipe is clearly a Black Jack reference from top to bottom. I can see the "Drive" feeling because Asuna feels like Kiriko 2.0.

It'll be interesting to see how long the medical drama idea plays out.

Human villain from the beginning? Nice.

The Chibi Form is totally Cast-Off. There for a toy gimmick and by mid-season, you'll hear the "level up" sound but never see Chibi Form.

Honestly Ex-Aid looks like trash nonsense, but those are the ones that generally turn out well.

You mean Masked form? but yea, Level 1 is just a goofy version of Kabuto's "for extra toys" masked form :p

WillyFive

It bothers me that he is the same height in chibi form than normal form. Yeah, I know, suit limitations and all that, but Sentai figured this out with Magiranger.

Debirudog

Gokaiger 11.

Shinkenger ep was brilliant! I wish there was more female reds like Kaoru Shiba.

Joe's backstory is starting to reveal more of itself as well. Though he's kinda being an idiot next episode.

Boss Doggie

You know what would be great?

Segata Sanshiro appearing in Ex-Aid and making a reference to how Fujioka also played Rider 1, and maybe a subtle hint that "they are one and the same".

But sadly Sega owns him.

Tiu Neo

If Shinkenger's plot didn't involve the Red twist, who would you have picked to come back in later seasons?

I pick Chiaki.

If he transformed, Jii would make the most sense, but since he didn't... Yeah, Chiaki would be good.

You know what would be great?

Segata Sanshiro appearing in Ex-Aid and making a reference to how Fujioka also played Rider 1, and maybe a subtle hint that "they are one and the same".

But sadly Sega owns him.

Miracles can happen!
But probably won't.

WarRock

They can have Fujioka appearing in a gi and advertising a fictional console and everybody who knows about Segata would get it all the same.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dino Super Charge 11

Oh no, not misundersta- oh she saw them morph and she's okay with it. Awesome!
I'm surprised they used that made-up mook monster for this episode, but they did incorporate it in an interesting way.
Dat Silver Ranger cliffhanger.

javadoze

Just when rumors for Rider 2016 come to an end, rumors for Sentai 2017 have appeared:

-Show is time-themed. Collectibles are clocks.
-Villains in the show "eat time"
-Includes references to Time Bokan

Though these early rumors are never quite true (Zyuohger supposedly having bugs and being space-themed before its trademark popped up), they're always pretty interesting.

That said, the show trademark will most likely pop up this month (or next month).

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I like how the last few Riders have steadily increased the presence of fathers---I mean excluding Kiva and OOOs we've pretty much always have had dead dads (and parents in general) or absent, but then Drive had a dead dad that factored into the plot, Ghost bumped that up to a sometimes-dead dad that has played a pretty big role, and now Ex-Aid has his dad perfectly alive and well.

I hope they explore that dynamic since we barely get to see how a parent reacts to their kid being a Rider.

Tiu Neo

I like early sentai rumours, they are always crazy. Even after the trademark was revealed, I remember there were some crazy rumours about Zyuohger. Kinda wish some of them were true, but eh, what we got is good, so it's fine.

Orb 9

That was... different. Great idea for an episode.

Next episode looks... important?

WarRock

Just when rumors for Rider 2016 come to an end, rumors for Sentai 2017 have appeared:

-Show is time-themed. Collectibles are clocks.
-Villains in the show "eat time"
-Includes references to Time Bokan

Though these early rumors are never quite true (Zyuohger supposedly having bugs and being space-themed before its trademark popped up), they're always pretty interesting.

That said, the show trademark will most likely pop up this month (or next month).
Well, not entirely wrong.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Oh man what if Ex-Aid's Ultimate Form is Musou-based, just decked out in a mix of all the different armor and just mows through enemies.

vareon

I like how the last few Riders have steadily increased the presence of fathers---I mean excluding Kiva and OOOs we've pretty much always have had dead dads (and parents in general) or absent, but then Drive had a dead dad that factored into the plot, Ghost bumped that up to a sometimes-dead dad that has played a pretty big role, and now Ex-Aid has his dad perfectly alive and well.

I hope they explore that dynamic since we barely get to see how a parent reacts to their kid being a Rider.

Though we'll never get it, I want to see a dad main Rider---with his kid as viewer's proxy. Kinda like Hibiki but with dad-son relationship instead of a boy-mentor.

I remember seeing Kuuga back when I was in junior high. Godai was a kind, reliable man that got me thinking "wow, I want to be this guy when I grow up". Do kids feel that way towards their hero today? Dunno.

Though we'll never get it, I want to see a dad main Rider---with his kid as viewer's proxy. Kinda like Hibiki but with dad-son relationship instead of a boy-mentor.

I remember seeing Kuuga back when I was in junior high. Godai was a kind, reliable man that got me thinking "wow, I want to be this guy when I grow up". Do kids feel that way towards their hero today? Dunno.

That makes me feel old. I was 20-21 when Kuuga was airing. *lol*

Top Bottom