• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Debirudog

more like... aikatsu lol.

has videogames ever been a 'thing' in toku? I don't feel like ive seen kids play videogames in sentai or what not.

There was an episode in Kamen Rider Black, where the monster of the week trapped a bunch of kids in the video gaming world. I think they were playing the famicom.

also, megaranger was apparently based on video games.

WillyFive

Listening to all the Sentai openings today, I'm surprised how great a run of openings we had there for a bit.

The openings for Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters OP 1, Kyoryuger, and Toqger, are all above-average to great.

Ninninger aside, Sentai openings have all been excellent going back decades (at least until the early 80's shows).

There was an episode in Kamen Rider Black, where the monster of the week trapped a bunch of kids in the video gaming world. I think they were playing the famicom.

also, megaranger was apparently based on video games.

Well, they got their powers via videogames (think of it like The Last Starfighter); but the show was based on 90's tech (mostly NASA).

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
this shot still makes me laugh

aFSJb1H.jpg

Tiu Neo

Finished re-watching Drive with a friend. Still my second favorite Rider.

Ghost looked so cool at the last episode, even if he was already... well, what Takeru is, pretty much.

Listening to all the Sentai openings today, I'm surprised how great a run of openings we had there for a bit.

The openings for Shinkenger, Goseiger, Gokaiger, Go-Busters OP 1, Kyoryuger, and Toqger, are all above-average to great.

Eh, I like Ninninger's and Zyuohger's too. Actually, I don't think there is a bad sentai opening, so maybe the average is a bit high, heh. Busters OP 2 was ok, but couldn't compare to the first one. My favorite openings sequence is still Gaoranger to Gekiranger.

Debirudog

So I'm at EP 34 which seems to be centered on Gokai Yellow.

I realized there's not really much of an episode focusing on Green's past. Hmmm...

Ninninger's intro where it recounts what's going on in the story is pretty good. I love that bassy plucky thing going on, but then the intro loses its way. Should have went full-on medieval Japanese cliche with it.

Boss Doggie

which sentai was it they had a scene of beating up grunts on BMX bikes? Shit was hilarious

I think that was Carranger

with that said Sentai back then had motorbikes and they'd usually do a ramming attack on the mooks

when was the last Sentai to feature a bike?

Boss Doggie

Oh somone pointed out

when Ex-Aid transforms in Ganbarizing, we see a character select of sorts that merge onto Ex-Aid before stopping to the Ex-Aid panel before becoming Level 1, there were 9 blocks - 4 already revealed as Ex-Aid, Genm, Brave and Sniper. We already know Lazer. So I guess there are 9 riders in all?

Boss Doggie

You listed 11 Riders there though. That's more than in Ryuki already.

Ryuki had 13 riders. Now granted three are movie only, but unlike other Kamen Riders, they are actually counted into canon (via "alternate TIME VENT")

NeonZ

Ryuki had 13 riders. Now granted three are movie only, but unlike other Kamen Riders, they are actually counted into canon (via "alternate TIME VENT")

If you're counting movies though, Gaim goes way beyond eleven.

Mars, Kamuro, Jam and Kurokage Shin all appeared in the tv show itself too, thanks to the movie tie in episode and the epilogue (Kurokage Shin's weapon also was summoned by Kiwami several times in the tv show).

And then there's the other movie exclusive Riders from the Gaidens - Tyrant, Idunn, Saver and Black Baron.

And finally the crossover ones (War God Gaim, Fifteen) which might have questionable canonicity going by Gaim by itself, but come from movies which have been referenced in later productions.

Boss Doggie

If you're counting movies though, Gaim goes way beyond eleven.

Mars, Kamuro, Jam and Kurokage Shin all appeared in the tv show itself too, thanks to the movie tie in episode and the epilogue (Kurokage Shin's weapon also was summoned by Kiwami several times in the tv show).

And then there's the other movie exclusive Riders from the Gaidens - Tyrant, Idunn, Saver and Black Baron.

And finally the crossover ones (War God Gaim, Fifteen) which might have questionable canonicity going by Gaim by itself, but come from movies which have been referenced in later productions.

True enough I suppose.

Man Gaim had so many Riders.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
MUCHA GAME
WHAT'S YOUR NAME
I'M A KAMEN RIDER

Guys...I think...I'm in love with a toy.

WillyFive

Awkward considering the big reveal at Morphicon. It happened very recently too, less than a week ago going by the previous guy's tweets.

Well this is interesting. Ninja Steel Yello has been recast. I really liked the old guy =/

Here's the new yellow: Nico Greetham

All the dudes were too ambiguously ethnic. Had to throw one straight up white dude in there. Or some shit happened behind the scenes.

cp147ykueaelgrp_orig.jpg

Oddly enough, the new yellow is what I would've expected from Gold.

delSai

Close to finishing Blade now, i'm probably going to be done with it tomorrow. Gonna be at the end of my list though, while it's not bad i just didnt enjoy it as much as other Riders. So it would be Blade > Decade > Ghost right now.

Side note, also hope we get news for the Power Ranger game that we learned about a month or so ago.

For some reason i feel like that's a title for PSX. But yeah, a reveal trailer that shows what it is would be nice.

Tiu Neo

All the dudes were too ambiguously ethnic. Had to throw one straight up white dude in there. Or some shit happened behind the scenes.

cp147ykueaelgrp_orig.jpg

Oddly enough, the new yellow is what I would've expected from Gold.

Yep, that what I was expecting for gold. Maybe they switched them?

Top Bottom