• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

TokuGAF 2016 |OT| Fantastic Beasts and Ghostly Beats

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
Ghost is definitely the worst modern Rider series.

still wizard. even with the series leaving more questions than answers, we didnt have to slug through wiz, his no name cast, and mr mayonnaise(who like onari, couldnt save the sinking ship he was on)

Sandfox

still wizard. even with the series leaving more questions than answers, we didnt have to slug through wiz, his no name cast, and mr mayonnaise(who like onari, couldnt save the sinking ship he was on)

The Ghost cast bothered me more because they had a bunch of pointless characters, while the villains were nonsensical and not real characters. Haruto's biggest problem was being boring, but Takeru was worse than that.

Both series are trash so it doesn't really matter though lol.

SaviourMK2

I liked the concept of Ghost, but it just... feels like they had no idea what they wanted to do with Ghost.

- What was the point of Makoto Doppleganger, the minute he gained the power to copy him perfectly and use the Deep Specter Eyecon he just sides with them anyway. What was the overall plan with the Makoto Doppleganger, why even bother with a doppleganger? Why not use another grunt with the Specter/Deep Specter Eyecon.
- Remember the guana Ghostriker? Neither do I!
- Remember Captain Ghost? Neither do I!
- Remember the Gundari? Yeah they made great background effects. Remember when someone said that losing one was going to royally piss off their leader? I imagine he was pissed that his background decorations where used in combat once.
- Necrom had the best character development out of any character in the series, enough for him to even be worthy of Secondary Rider status, but his development as a rider came to a screeching halt when Makoto broke free from the Necrom eyecon. One can argue he got stronger when he bonded with the Sanzo's minion, but how many episodes did they last? Really Necrom became just as pathetic as Ghost when he was Eyecon-less.
- Grateful Eyecon was horribly worthless,it was it's own separate driver and became outclassed quickly after 4 episodes with it's horrendous drawback of the Ganmizers paralyzing it, and how it's inoperable if one of the eyecons "isn't in the mood". It was then overshadowed by the superior and flawless Mugen eyecon 10 episodes later. It even had the displeasure of being shown how obsolete it was when he wanted to prove it was still just as good as his Mugen form.
- I liked how the beginning of the series, AND the end of the series managed to both say "yeah the DrivexGhost movie was bullshit, don't watch it, non-cannon"

vareon

I liked the concept of Ghost, but it just... feels like they had no idea what they wanted to do with Ghost.

- What was the point of Makoto Doppleganger, the minute he gained the power to copy him perfectly and use the Deep Specter Eyecon he just sides with them anyway. What was the overall plan with the Makoto Doppleganger, why even bother with a doppleganger? Why not use another grunt with the Specter/Deep Specter Eyecon.
- Remember the guana Ghostriker? Neither do I!
- Remember Captain Ghost? Neither do I!
- Remember the Gundari? Yeah they made great background effects. Remember when someone said that losing one was going to royally piss off their leader? I imagine he was pissed that his background decorations where used in combat once.
- Necrom had the best character development out of any character in the series, enough for him to even be worthy of Secondary Rider status, but his development as a rider came to a screeching halt when Makoto broke free from the Necrom eyecon. One can argue he got stronger when he bonded with the Sanzo's minion, but how many episodes did they last? Really Necrom became just as pathetic as Ghost when he was Eyecon-less.
- Grateful Eyecon was horribly worthless,it was it's own separate driver and became outclassed quickly after 4 episodes with it's horrendous drawback of the Ganmizers paralyzing it, and how it's inoperable if one of the eyecons "isn't in the mood". It was then overshadowed by the superior and flawless Mugen eyecon 10 episodes later. It even had the displeasure of being shown how obsolete it was when he wanted to prove it was still just as good as his Mugen form.
- I liked how the beginning of the series, AND the end of the series managed to both say "yeah the DrivexGhost movie was bullshit, don't watch it, non-cannon"

While I don't justify their lack of use in Ghost, forgotten gadgets and power ups has been a "problem" for Kamen Rider for a long time.

I say "problem" because it seems like they're only a problem for us. For them, they were doing what they were meant to do (Sell toys). In other words, they don't see it as something they need to improve (unless sales are failing).

Sandfox

While I don't justify their lack of use in Ghost, forgotten gadgets and power ups has been a "problem" for Kamen Rider for a long time.

I say "problem" because it seems like they're only a problem for us. For them, they were doing what they were meant to do (Sell toys). In other words, they don't see it as something they need to improve (unless sales are failing).

Some Rider series have weapons/toys that only appear once lol.

I'm sad that Ghost wasn't a psuedo-Pokemon plot with Takeru summoning the heroes to fight alongside him like Diend did in Decade.

Wasted suits.

Tiu Neo

Second Miss America does more in her debut than the first one has done in the whole series, heh.

I like that not every episode has to have a pointless giant battle. And even then, the battles at least have some interesting scenarios some times, since the monster and the giant form can exist at the same time.

Stop watching Ghost around the third rider showing up. Worth finishing or nah?

Third Rider is the best of the three. Still doesn't save the series.

I'd say the series, after that, has some good moments. Overall, still pretty weak.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Dino Super Charge 13

That was kind of awesome. Chaos & Mad Torin are in the show now as Lord Arcanon and Doomwing, they manage to take over the Zords and they re-purposed part of the battle with Devil Gadoma (called Fortress here, that's one downside of Dino Charge, the monster names are really generic) so that it was Arcanon vs Snide. Of course the episode ends with the Ultrazord formation.

Didn't care much for the food critic subplot, even if it was key to realizing they can form the Ultrazord. But it was a small part of the episode.

Also, Sentai 6. I see what you did there.

jwk94

Dino Super Charge 13

That was kind of awesome. Chaos & Mad Torin are in the show now as Lord Arcanon and Doomwing, they manage to take over the Zords and they re-purposed part of the battle with Devil Gadoma (called Fortress here, that's one downside of Dino Charge, the monster names are really generic) so that it was Arcanon vs Snide. Of course the episode ends with the Ultrazord formation.

Didn't care much for the food critic subplot, even if it was key to realizing they can form the Ultrazord. But it was a small part of the episode.

Also, Sentai 6. I see what you did there.

Yeah, I really liked the creativity behind the zord battles. Those monster suits are absolutely beautiful in the cockpits. I can't say that I cared for the rangers' portion of the episode. Certainly felt sorry for Heckyl though. Poor guy can't catch a break.

NeonZ

Heh, in the last episode of Ghost, the mysterious kid said that Specter and Necrom had no hope of changing the (Ganma) world and I couldn't help but agree with him. Even in this episode
they were there just to be beaten up before leaving.

Really, thinking about it,
I don't even blame them for leaving even though they had just found a mysterious child and a new seemingly evil Rider. They really can't seem to get to do anything lately. Might as well leave it all to Takeru even though he likely lost most of his powers. He still has Ore, but Mugen disappeared during the final battle and he doesn't seem to have the Heroic Eyecons anymore either.

BatDan

Bane? Get them on board, I'll call it in.
Bring on Vidya Rider!

At least Ex-Aid being a doctor gives him more of a purpose than Takeru had. What was Takeru's goal outside of "come back to life"?

vareon

YIP2Mlq.jpg

This is a great suit.

Parallax

best seen in the classic "Shadow of the Beast"
There was a portion of Wizard where the fights were good. And I really like some of the suits, Infinity in particular. Plot is cheeks.

the phoenix arc. then it nosedived like crazy. especially when it became obvious that they were throwing out powerups in lieu of plot

At least Ex-Aid being a doctor gives him more of a purpose than Takeru had. What was Takeru's goal outside of "come back to life"?

Show humanities ability to problem solve or evolve? Something along those lines.

I think forging connections was tossed in there at some point. Zyuohger is definitely doing that aspect much better than Ghost did. Helps that Yamato is actually interesting and entertaining lead. Been a while since I've liked a Red.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Yeah, at least from the start Yamato was doing the "all life on Earth is connected" and it makes sense since he's a zoologist. Somehow Ghost suddenly had that.

A Pretty Panda

fuckin' called it, man
the phoenix arc. then it nosedived like crazy. especially when it became obvious that they were throwing out powerups in lieu of plot
There was a stretch of like 10 episodes where nothing plot related advanced. It was the gap between Medusa's sister leaving then returning as a Wizard. They got their power ups but nothing really happened during this time except basically filler episodes (terrible ass arsonist episodes). Also this was back when everything was a two partner even when it didn't need to be. So it dragged even more.

Ending was pretty dumb too but at the very least Beast had an amazing moment. Actually could have just ended with what beast did and it would have been fine

Top Bottom